Lions Sell Out Week 2

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on September 18, 2009 – 8:05 pm

The Detroit Lions announced a sellout for this weekend’s home opener against the Minnesota Vikings.

Though the game is an official sellout and will therefore appear on local television, the Vikings have returned an allotment of tickets available for purchase. Fans can purchase those tickets here.

Head Coach Jim Schwartz commented on the sellout following Friday afternoon’s practice.

Schwartz: “Well it’s important to the city for everybody to see it, but I’m really excited to see our fans in action. There’s a home field advantage in the National Football League. We saw it last week, drawing a couple false start penalties because of the crowd noise. When you can get that 12th man on your side – the crowd noise, the excitement – the players will feel it. It will be electric. It’s the home opener. It’s going to be a great time. I’m really looking forward to it.”

Already attending the game? Check out the Fan Code of Conduct as well as other Stadium Information!

9 Responses to “Lions Sell Out Week 2”

1. By Lee Laginess on Sep 18, 2009 | Reply

I have been a Lions fan for a very long time. I find it hard to believe the coaches and the rest of the staff can’t see what the rest of us do. Why go after another QB when it is obvious we don’t have an offensive line to blick for him??

2. By champ maxwell on Sep 20, 2009 | Reply

I careless aboutg mr 1 i have been a lions fan my whole life please put a veteran quarterback and win a game this is ridiculous.

3. By Fred on Sep 20, 2009 | Reply

Well once again they lose. Seems like the same old Lions to me sorry if anyone disagrees but the fact is that they have now lost 19 straight. Used to be when I talked about the Lions I would say we but I will not put myself in that catagory. Sorry I was looking forward to this season. This just shows me that Matt Millon and company had nothin g to do with the performance of this team.

4. By don on Sep 20, 2009 | Reply

This TEAM played a pretty good game until you started getting plays taken away from you on bogus calls from the officials! That’s when you guys start to lose momentum. IT happens every year! ALL the TIME! And that IS THE WAY IT IS! The Players are for real and they believe that they are playing a fair game because the players are.
    BUT,the refs arent playing fair and even if I got the money I still wouldn’t go to another games until someone does something about these cheating referees!
    EVERYTIME THAT THEY CALLED A PENALTY WAS WHEN WE MADE A GOOD PLAY!
    KEEP TRYING LIONS BUT UNTIL YOU CAN PAY THE REFS MORE THAN THE OTHER GUYS DO IT’S GOING TO STAY THIS WAY!

5. By James on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

You know what we lost big deal, at this point we are going to lose more. We have a young team with tons of potential and we need to give these boys a chance. Do we all forget that we are talking about a kid that is barely out of college playing with the best men in the world. As far as I am concerned yes we had some problems all over the ball but the defense is starting to click and as soon as Stafford can start to relax things will come together on offense too.
    I don’t know if any of you lions players will read this but remember this, people think that ball games are won on game day, but they are wrong. Games are won in practice, so forget about what happened sunday and lets get back after it.
    Loyal to The Lions Till Death
    James

6. By Megan on Aug 31, 2010 | Reply

Congratulations on a nice win over the Browns. It’s nice to see the team is progressing forward.

7. By william rhoads on Sep 1, 2010 | Reply

i think you fans need to get with the program this the best team detroit has put together in years. i like the coach and martin mathew there our doing it the right way if you look how young this roster is and the talent they have picked up over the last two years you cant help but to be hey they our really trying to build a competive team and they will win games this yer and with thje running back they have it wont take long for other teams that you have to cover the whole field and wont be able to load the box because of screens and pass reciver they will burn you if you try to load the box and when they backoff we will burn them with the run best was a steal

8. By samuel ballard on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

lets go lions am from detroit live in dallas for 17 years. been waiting that long for a winner an know we have it. i think the lions can come close to making the playoff i hope so because all i here is take that off they o-16 well i knew this day would come know they say he lions look good lets go lions lets start thing supper bowl yes i say it SUPPER-BOWL when we think like a winner we become winner i will toone (lol) in good luck

9. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 3, 2012 | Reply

Haha! Back when sellouts were actually a story! Now you can hardly find a seat!