Submit questions for Schwartz and Johnson!

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on September 21, 2009 – 3:24 pm

Head Coach Jim Schwartz and wide receiver Calvin Johnson will co-host tonight’s Buffalo Wild Wings Lions Review with Dan Miller at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Canton.

Submit a question to ask Schwartz or Johnson and then tune in at 7 p.m. ET on AM 1270 WXYT to see if your question was chosen!

Click here to submit a question or comment below!

Tags: , ,

22 Responses to “Submit questions for Schwartz and Johnson!”

1. By steven schooler on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

what is wrong with this team they did this last year they won in preseason if they can not win in regular season they need to find some one who can be tough on this players

2. By John Seaquist on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

you know when you start a rookie QB mistakes are gonna happen but stafford really needs to get his head on straight and read the defense and quit trying to force things that arent there, the 2nd half of yesterday’s game was awful i was there i saw it first hand, coach Schwartz is right we need to develop a winning attitude and not just settle with a 10 pt lead we need to finish a team that good early and keep the pressure on them, gluck selling this week’s game out your gonna need a miracle for that to happen

3. By Johnny Larue on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

Do you think your offensive co-ordinator is doing a good job, and if so why do you not throw the long ball to Calvin Johnson? The defence played a great first half, why do you think they where not sucessful in the second half?

4. By Jarad S. on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

If there was ever a franchise that needed “one” victory the Lions are it. With that being said how can you take a 10 point lead and then stop competing? How can this team come out so flat in the second half? They went from competing to simply playing. Too many people are waiting around for some one else to make a play instead of focusing on their jobs and winning each play. Finally is there an art to a “hard count” and how often do you work on it.

5. By Harry on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

26 is within reach. Dont lose heart. You Can do it!

Eyes on the Prize Baby!

6. By Dino (Georgia) on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

You’ll win next week… I wish i were there personally. GO LIONS. You have my support here in Georgia. The improvement is there and is happening… .. Use all the negatives to your positive advantage. Stay on course and the wins will come.

Schwartz and Mayhew are the right pieces to right the ship!

What is the status of McBride? Could be in an impact player?

7. By chris treglown on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

I like mathew stafford dont get me wrong i think he is going to be a good qb one day but when or at what point do you say that enough is enough if he keeps on making the same mistakes? I saw the same mistakes as last week as far as trying to throw it through linebackers and overthrowing wide open recievers. I t might help to let him sit and watch culpepper right now and get a better hunger to start and play better. I Just want to know what you think and I havnt heard this question asked yet or answered.

8. By Dino (Georgia) on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

Hang in there CJ… again the W’s will come…

9. By Corey Oliver on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

Don’t stop. True fans are behind you. Tell Stafford to pick his head up the qb’s that make it are the one that face the adversity correct it and make good the next time. The ones that don’t are the ones that look like Stafford hanging his head. Farve is good because he enjoys it watch that game again watch his demanor on the side lines even when they were losing look at the interaction with the team. All I saw Stafford doing was hanging his head pick it up Drive on and enjoy.

10. By Dale Rossman on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

I’ve been a lions fan my whole life my dad is a die hard lions fan and to watch my favorite team lose 19 games in a row hurts, But Iam your bigest fan Iam here while hour loseing and I will be here when your wining to enjoy it with you guys i do see a lot of progress from last year but it still seems to be the little things like false starts that cost us a first down or touchdown.. But I truely beleave that the problem is team chemistry, and as the yaear goes on we will mend better as a team which I think will result in better looking games wins or not do ou feel this way also or do you not think their is a chemistry problem.

11. By Jacob Watson on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

Why dont the Lions go out in the free agency period and pick up impact players in the secondary? The secondary has been dreadful for a very long time now and when we do have good players i.e pro bowl corner Dre Bly we trade them. I admire the moves in the offseason with the linebacking core and dont understand why the lions dont ever try to improve their terrible secondary who continue to be among the leagues worst year after year.

12. By Mike on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

What is wrong with this offence, Stafford is throwing picks left and right. The defense played well. I know we would have won with Culppeper. One more question how long will Sims be out?

13. By don on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

I do not believe that Jeff Backus just had a blown assignment when he Totaly missed Jarrod Allen in the Vikings Game.And then he wouldn’t even go after the Fumble.
    Backus did the exact same thing last year with Jarrod Allen he allowed Allen to come strait thru the LINE and SACK DAN Orlofsky!
    IT happened exactly the same way except for the Fumble part of the play!
    Backus has done the exact same thing at a dozen or so times if not more in his career and Backus should be shown the door!

14. By Drew on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

Are you going to play culpepper at all this year? im a fan and i really think he has the talent and ability to help us win, atleast use him on the easier games like the rams, seahawks, browns, bengals,maybe the redskins once we get a W then using stafford so he learns,atleast we wont go like last year, we got a tough schedule. Im praying 4 ya! just like any given sunday! goodluck

15. By Ed on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

Do the lions players get discouraged when the fans boo after a bad play or do they realize the boos are the result of the fan’s frustrations from losing the last 19 games? (Almost)Every fan at Ford field is a die-hard Lions Fan, I felt the boos were not directed at any lions players or staff, but a release of emotion of seeing the Lions lose a game that they could have won. If the lions could win at least 2 games early in the season, Ford field would come alive for every game as it did in the first half. If Michigan and Michigan State can put 180,000 people at football stadiums on a given Saturday, why can’t an NFL team put 55,000 people in the stands on Sunday?

16. By Carlos on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

AP under 100 yrds rushing…the D is getting better every week! The Lions will be monsters soon, you can feel it building!

17. By VICTORVIC on Sep 23, 2009 | Reply

~V~

OK YOU LIONS FANS KEEP YOUR HEAD UP……., I AM A DIE HARD REDSKINS FAN, BUT FEEL THIS THIS UP COMING GAME WILL BE A GOOD ONE,…. I THINK EACH TEAM WILL FIND OUT A LOT ABOUT WERE THEY ARE HEADING… (HTTR) THE HISTORY IS RICH IN BOTH CAMPS AND EACH FEELS THAT THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME!, WITH THAT SAID,… MY REDSKINS WILL FINISH THE YEAR 10-6,.., THE LIONS,.. 9-7, OR AT WORST 8-8,….

AT THIS POINT THE SCORE TO THE GAME WILL BE 20-14 SKINS

HTTR (HAIL TO THE REDSKINS)

~V~

18. By R. Ramirez (Texas) on Sep 25, 2009 | Reply

I’ve been a LIONS fan all my life. Whats up to Manny Ramirez #63! Since a little kid my dream was to play for the Detroit Lions. My dream didn’t happen, but I am rejoyceful to see someone with the same last name as me play for the LIONS! It’s awesome. (is there a way to send you fan mail)

TRUE FANS!!! We’ll be alright! Stafford is cool and he’s our qb..the future of Lions Football so give him some respect! I sense a good season regardless of the start!! it’s coming around,, I can feel it! Love all the new changes to the organization from the coach to the DEFENSE! Keep building Stafford and stick with him he’ll improve as time goes bye!! Defense keep fighting..good job!! and TOUCHDOWN DETROITLIONS!!!!!!

19. By Zach on Sep 26, 2009 | Reply

Question:
    1) Do you think we need to address the O_line situation this year, or is that an area that well be address in the off season?

2) Are we lacking another receiver(s) that can pickup the load when Calvin Johnson is double teamed?

3) Is for Calvin, Calvin do you find that sometimes that you put to much pressure on yourself to much out on the field?

God bless, and still rooting for you guys from Canada over here. Still a big fan since late 70′s.

20. By Maurice Kirby on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Please can yull change the team jerseys to a All Gray with some blue. I love the lions im from detroit, but i stay in Atlanta. and Calvin Johnson Detroit is headed in the right Direction so hand in there Big Dog!

21. By Andrew Davis on Feb 23, 2010 | Reply

Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford will be the combination that creates points. No questions asked. My question is, you got the ball to Calvin so many times that last week against Chicago, why can’t you do that every game? They couldn’t stop him. He was what? 30 yards short of a thousand, going into that game wasn’t he 130 yards short of it or something? Stafford is the man behind Center, and Calvin is the man behind the Safety, why make this difficult. Sling that ball so high and far that Calvin is the only man in the stadium that can catch it. Because you know he will….. you know he will….

22. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 3, 2012 | Reply

They answered my question!