Pettigrew says the Lions have the attitude to win

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on September 25, 2009 – 8:48 pm

“Last week, I definitely felt better about me getting into the game plan a little bit more there for the first half. I didn’t get my second half catch, but it definitely felt better. I got a little bit more keyed up for this week so we’ll see what happens.

“It was probably the biggest crowd I’ve been around. In college it was big but it wasn’t anything like that. It was loud, it was great, great atmosphere.

“I don’t really know what to think about that the differences in the offense from the first half to the second. I thought we had a great preparation with practice and the first half showed it. The second half we just kind of fell off, we didn’t get it done. I don’t know what happened but we’ll try not to let it happen this week.

“Coach Schwartz and Coach Linehan said that we had the attitude - you could tell - and it’s clear we had the attitude that we want to get it done. But, like I said, it’s just mental. It’s really just us, it’s not anything they were doing.

“Washington is probably going to jump up on Calvin like any other team would, so I’ve just really got to be on task and make sure I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing and be where I’m supposed to be.

“That’ll be important, especially this week and we definitely don’t want to get away from the run because that’ll open up the pass for us. It’s just the attitude.”

6 Responses to “Pettigrew says the Lions have the attitude to win”

1. By don on Sep 25, 2009 | Reply

WELL,I messed up. Sorry about blaming Backus.
    This TEAM can WIN this game this week against the REDSKINS! IN fact you can win every week.
    I totally believe in Pettigrew and Stafford!
    And the whole TEAM.
    I don’t know what happened after half time BUT,I’ve seen this for a long time. I don’t know if it feels like once you guy’s score like the game is over or what? Is it like scoreing is the Ultimate or what?
    AS soon as this TEAM scores this D-fence has to get that ball back so you can do it again.faster if possible,by fumble or enterception or by running it all the way back or by going all the way back down field again!
    I don’t care which it is BUT,the game isn’t over til the, WELL YOU KNOW! it isn’t over.til it’s over.
    AND you guy’s have to keep scoreing and beating on the other TEAM until it is and then do the same thing every SUNDAY or whatever day it is.
    AND this TEAM CAN!
    YOU win this NEXT GAME! NO EXCUSES! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR EVEN ONE!
    WHENEVER YOU HEAR ANYONE SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE TELL THEM WHERE TO STICK IT!
    THIS TEAM IS READY TO WIN,NOW! DO IT!

2. By Zach on Sep 26, 2009 | Reply

Ok, where do I start? I’ve been a lions fan since late 70′s. This current roster and management regime has been an improvement from my eyes so far. In the two previous games, no-one quit on a play or in the game. Yes, I would love a winner now, Detroit deserves a winner, the loyal fans deserve a winner, and player deserve to win. Do i think that this team can win games? Honest answer is yes.
    Allot of fans and critics, will always have a negative thing to say like Stafford is a bust, the Lions suck and etc.. but I really find passion with this team unlike last year. Yes, we have some issues with area’s that need to be addressed. I believe that the area’s will be addressed in the nearer future.
    I really don’t know if any players are going to look at this, but if they do I want to say:” never give up”. The fight might be long and hard, but remember how you got here, not by luck but by hard work.

3. By Darrell on Sep 26, 2009 | Reply

Well I do believe in Stafford and it’s great seeing the Lions score on offense again. The defense on the other hand once again showed up for the first half and (ate too much turkey during the half or something) didn’t show up for the second half. Being a die hard life long fan of the Lions I remember the good ole days when Daryl Rogers built the team and then Wayne Fontes got the credit for the “91″ season. I believe they can do it again and believe they have the coach and offense to do it but I can only pray thier defense gets healthy soon. It’s kinda hard being from Mi. and loving the Lions the way I do when I live in a state now that has two NFL teams that I don’t like. Come on Lions so I can start saying that my home team is better than either of these two.(which wouldn’t be hard)

4. By Rand Gearld DesRosiers on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

Dear Brandan I want to congragulate you for a wonderful first year with our Lions. My name is Rand G DesRosiers. I played college hockey from 1970 – 1972 with M.C.C.C. A junior college here in Warren MI. I then got a full ride to U OF M FOR THE 73 SEASON. then my last year was at Lake Superior State. was drafted by the Winipeg Jets in 74 World Hockey. I played with the golden jet Bobby Hull, for 2 years. you might have herd of his son Bret Hull who i baby sat for him a few times way back when! the main reason for my email is to advise you and Kevin Smith. god willing this will speed up your recovery time by as much as 2 times quicker, i promise bro!! I trained under Don Graham and Assoc. from 1970 through 1980. Dr Thompson the Lions original team Doc operated on my left knee 3 times before he passed away! he was great!! but my dad was the one who got me running in the heated pool after my first surgery! it brought me back so soon and was not painfull at all. our bodies are 85% water, so in the pool your able to do things you coudnt do on dry land! you begin running forward, again as quickly as your body allows . im sure you know now the differance between good pain and bad pain. just like they told you while training, NO PAIN , NO GAIN! that’s a crock my brother. if it hurts , something is wrong! ive treated over 15,000 patients during my 24 year therapy carrer, all getting results. in 1991 I sposered Earl Campbell’s Football Camp at S.W.TX, IN SANMARCOS for 8 weeks. Troy Aikman was thier. he ended up staying for 10 days while i set him up on an intense program. we isolated on his upper extremities as he had 3 concussions going into his 3rd year. so when they won the first of 3 Super Bowls the following year after I had trained him, we both felt preety dam cool!!! so you begin walking briskly forwards, backwards, sideways. to start off. then you lean up against the pool wall with your back faceing the support. you then thrust one leg at a time up as high as you can. straight leg lifts. 15 with each leg. then bending knee lifts. all 3 sets of 15. then turn around faceing the wall with your back out as far as possible.then straight leg thrusts. you will know when your then ready to run as fast as you can. forward, backward, and finish with side ways bending down deep enough to get your face in the water. then when your finalizing your program, get water anckle weights, strap them on and run like the whole team is chasing you. ill put it in blood that you will become one of the fastest tight ends in pro ball today. so please pass this on to Kevin AS WELL. IF YOU GUYS WANT TO CALL ME WHEN YOU BEGIN, ILL GLADLY GUIDE YOU GUYS THROUGH. NO PROBLEM. SO MY BROTHER LET ME KNOW HOW ALL IS GOING. IM HERE FOR THE TEAM. GOD BLESS RAND G DESROSIERS 830-629-2636 THERAPY & SPORTS PAIN CENTER OF TX

5. By Shane on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Has anyone gone to http://www.lionsfaithful.com yet?

6. By Cyril Smith on Apr 21, 2010 | Reply

Clash of Titans is a superb movie and i am a fan of the classic movies featuring Hercules and some other greek god.