Delmas Ready to Get Back to the Field After the Bye

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on October 30, 2009 – 4:23 pm

“The bye week gave me time to relax and refresh my legs. It helped me get my mind right for the week coming up. I went to Western to watch their homecoming game, plus it was my little cousin’s birthday and he plays for Western – Douglas Wiggins. I took him out and gave him a couple dollars for his birthday, so it was a fun weekend all an all.

“Mentally and physically I’m feeling very prepared. My body is very refreshed, mind-wise and physically. I’ve been out at practice working hard and I’ve been studying film as hard as possible, so I think all-in-all I’m very prepared. All-around, I feel I’m very prepared for the game.

“Looking back at the season so far, we already played 10 games – preseason and regular season – and that’s a college season already. But I can’t take it as that, I’m in the NFL now. We played six games and those six games are gone. All I can do now is think about the rest of the 10 games and hope the season will improve for us, but we have to take it one game at a time.

“I’ve been preparing for each game individually and not thinking about the next game, but just think about the next day. So, I take that approach throughout the week and six weeks passes by very quick.

“As far as the Rams, their record does not give them much credit for the assets that they’ve got on offense and on defense. They have by far one of the best running backs in the NFL in Steven Jackson. He’s very big, he can catch and he can run routes. You hardly see a big dude like that running routes as fast as he is and as physical as he is.

“They’ve also got a great quarterback in Marc Bulger.  The main thing we’ve got to do is to try and get a quick read on him because he has a very strong arm. Once he let’s go, it’s gone. If you’re not there on point, you’re not going to get there. I think for the secondary, we just got get a good read on him; react to the throw.”

Posted in Uncategorized | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Delmas Ready to Get Back to the Field After the Bye”

1. By Joe on Oct 30, 2009 | Reply

Delmas, please knock Steven Jackson out of his shoes, thank you.

2. By kalen santiago on Oct 30, 2009 | Reply

delmas remain me so much of ed reed…..you are one hell of a hitter knock some hats on sundays

3. By Mack on Oct 30, 2009 | Reply

Loius Delmas for Rookie of the Year….

4. By Drew on Nov 1, 2009 | Reply

Yeah if not Delmas, Anthoney Henry or William James will intercept there pass game and if not Julian Peterson, Larry Foote, Deangelo Levy and Ernie Sims should take advantage especially bc hes the fastest LB on the team. we got an decent Defensive Line as well, we got Grady Jackson , Dwayne White, Andre Flulleden, Jason Hunter, Sammie Hill and Turk Mcbride! I believe we have a better defense then the Rams, The offense is kinda equal especially if Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford dont play tommarrow! But if Culpepper can stay healthy and get a rhythem with Bryant Johnson, Dennis Northcutt, and / or Derrick Williams! If Stanton has to play tommarrow make sure he doesnt play horriable like he did last week otherwise cut him and pick up Jeff Garcia. They should pick up Jeff Garcia and also either use Maurice Morris & Aaron Brown or pick up a running back like either Stacy Mack or Tatum Bell both talented stupid Marnelli traded him in for Rudi Johnson last year that was a stupid move

5. By Drew on Nov 1, 2009 | Reply

* Meant to say last game we played against the packers, Stanton embarassed us and got 2 Interceptions, no touchdowns & made 5 out of 12 passes which isnt too good

6. By Mick on Nov 2, 2009 | Reply

On the offensive side of the ball, other than the offensive line, I thought we did not have to spend more draft picks. We could now start focusing on the defense and find a Mel Gray replacement. I don’t pretend to know whether Blair White is NFL material, he’s not a Johnny Knox or Ted Ginn speed wise, but the guy can catch the football. He catches the ball in traffic and HE IS AN IMPACT GO TO PLAYER. When Calvin can’t play or Calvin is doubled teamed, Stafford needs another go to reciever and that player I believed is Blair White. He would never become a Percy Harvin on kickoffs, but perhaps he could field punts. I’m sure their are other professionally reccommended recievers but you can pick this one up hopefully, in the top of the 3rd round.
    Defensivly, we get our first pick on either a DT like Suh or a NT like Cody (6’5″ 365). I don’t know if it is possible to get lucky by selecting Berry first then offering the 12 or 13th or where ever Cody falls our first round in 2011 plus Stanton for a player like Cody for their first. Seattle has two first round picks. Perhaps we trade Ernie Simms and we switch second or third this year or next year if Cody is still on the board. I would hate to part with Simms, but at a chance to pick up Cody to clog up the middle requiring a double team. This of course would allow our DE to have more of an impact. We would not lose a pick but would lose Ernie. Perhaps we trade Stanton for Clevelands top pick of their 2 picks in the third round. Picking up a decent corner and Blair White. So now we have a safety in Berry, a nose tackle in Cody, a corner in Dowling, a wide receiver in White. In the 4th and 5th we pick up a pair of massive offensive guards or an offensive guard and a project DE. I know the draft is a long way off and player personnel needs change, but I can’t help thinking in the back of my mind how to help this football team.

7. By Kim G on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Recently my daughter made a competitive varsity cheerleading squad. On it said Congratulations you are now part of the team…. and at the bottom of it said a quote” The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of stregth, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” VINCE LOMBARDI…. sometimes I think the Lions lose their will to win…to be the best…I really wish I could talk to those players and the coach…I think they over complicate this whole game… Get up your confidence!!!!! Go Lions!!!!!!!!1

8. By kenneth young on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Hey Louie,
    This is Coach Kenny , your litttle head coach. I am quite excited to know that you are in the NFL. We are very proud of you. From all of us at the NMB Sundevils.

9. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 3, 2012 | Reply

I love this team, even back then we we were losing tough ones…. GO LIONS