Delmas: “I’ve got a lot to prove this week”

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on November 20, 2009 – 8:27 pm

“The only strange part about last week was actually going through all the walkthroughs and then going through warm-ups and then finally realizing that I couldn’t play because the night before and that same day I thought I was going to be playing.

“I tried to ease my mind off it, but as I started to progress more and more in walkthrough, my mouth wouldn’t participate – it started to swell up. When the coach finally sat me down, I was miserable.

“I think the last time I sat out of a game was my junior year when I got my first concussion, but that was one game and I was miserable then. After that, I was like, ‘Man, I will never sit out another game if it was my choice.’

“It hurt me more not to go out there and help my teammates than my tooth did. I felt really bad. I was kind of down on myself. Actually, I still am down on myself. I’ve got a lot to prove this week.

“Coach changing up the schedule sparks us up a little bit. With the way the season has been going, it doesn’t make sense to keep repeating the same routine and everything. I think what he’s doing is very smart. Health-wise, too, it gives us a lot of rest and it helps us focus more on the opponent than ourselves.

“I did watch the Monday Night game. They lost, unfortunately, but they’re still a great team. The record doesn’t give them enough credit for how good they are, really. Both of us have records we would rather not have, but we’re both NFL teams and we’re going to go out there and give it our best – may the best team win.

“One of the biggest things the coaches stress is to not look at a record. We can’t underestimate anybody. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter about the record. It matters how many points we put on the board, how many minutes we’re going to play, how many plays we’re going to execute while we’re out there. So I think it’s important that we focus more on ourselves and not the opponent.”

Posted in Uncategorized | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Delmas: “I’ve got a lot to prove this week””

1. By Stveey J on Nov 21, 2009 | Reply

Delmas you got nothing to worry about.. watching the lions every sunday, in my opinion you play with the most intensity and passion then anyone else on defense. Lets go out against the browns strong and finish the game hard. You guys are a great team; a lot better then last year, we just need to finish the games and learn how to win, we have all the weapons to do so.

2. By don on Nov 21, 2009 | Reply

Louis,You have to let that last game go. For whatever reason the good lord decided that it was time for your tooth to be the focus of your life for that period in time! And when those teeth start to hurtin there isn’t much else that you can concentrate on.
    SO this week it is your time to play.
    And being that you got a chance to rest the body even though the mind doesn’t do much resting with a tooth ache.Your body is rested.
    I am very happy to have you on our LIONS TEAM and I am also proud of how you have been able to take the advise of your coaches and slow down and play the game the way it is ment to be played.
    With your MIND and your BODY!
    YOUR going to also be a great player in this league if you have that under controll.
    And with your position it is very important to have your head in the game and not JUST your body in there delivering blows.
    When you pull your Total self into one thinking hitting machine. WOW! Man that is exciting.
    And I see it happening with you more and more.
    Before long you will KNOW this league and the TEAMS that you play against and the players and how they work.And once it all starts comming together and you know what is what with everything that there is to know and then you CAN BRING IT! ALL OF IT!
    IT is a big jump from college to the pro’s and you have taken to it just beautifully!
    Ilove to watch you hit.and I love it when you take that ball away from them. You have a good sence for where the QBs are going to send that ball and it takes time to get to know the QBs on the other TEAMS.
    Once you get to know at least the way that the QBs in this division throw that pass the more you will be able to take it out of the air as if it were thrown right to you.
    I wish you well in the Cleveland game and hope that this TEAM gets the win.
    And there are two very important Games after this one for me and that is GREENBAY, and CHICAGO!
    I know that htey are all important GAMES.
    BUT, those two games are our division and we have to take control of this division.
    SO that Next year we allready have a fear factor in thier minds.
    LIONS!

3. By Dino (georgia) on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

keep it up

4. By Shane Lemcool on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

Louis it is si refreshing for us lifetime lions fans that we uhave a player with your determination an toughnessand dare i say yes sometimes your field cockiness dont get nme wrong we as a fan base Love you man we are3 so happy anmd proud to finally have a player on our beloved lions that has the ball hawking skills that you have demonstrated over the season and your mental toughness is awesome tio watch I persoally love to watch hit someone then stand over them as if to say (WHAT) keep up the good work my freind the t three trio that coach brought in from the daft is the nucleus we have been waiting for for so long and we can finally see that our boys are turning it around…Thanks man we love you guys

5. By tim on Nov 26, 2009 | Reply

you are by far my favorite player…keep it up my man

6. By BILLO313 on May 4, 2010 | Reply

louis… just make there teeth hurt when you hit em!!! that will square the playing field!!