Pettigrew: “You come in the next day with something to smile about”

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on November 23, 2009 – 10:24 pm

“Coming in today after a win is just clearly a lot better than losing. We’ve had it bad so far. You come in the next day with something to smile about even though we have only won two games. But it’s a start – we’ve got to start somewhere.

“A win like that can definitely give us confidence. It just shows the type of people we have on this team and the attitude that individuals are bringing. It makes everybody else want to buy in. It helps a lot.

“I had one game-winning catch in college, but clearly not at this level. There’s nothing like it. Especially because I gave up some catches earlier in the game – it was kind of something to bring you back and help it out.

“The game for me yesterday was just getting-back-to-basics stuff – not have myself overwhelmed and stuff like that. Not thinking so much and being more decisive about stuff that I do on the field – that’s what really helped the most.

“Having a short week to practice is a little tough. We don’t get as many practice days, but it can’t really beat us down – we’ll make the most of it. On Thursday we’ll show up and do what we’ve been doing these past few weeks and hopefully we’ll get it done.”

Posted in Uncategorized | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Pettigrew: “You come in the next day with something to smile about””

1. By Drew on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

Way to go Pettigrew I knew you would pan out as a great ball player! Your right got to keep up with the confidence! we got a hard schedule which makes it hard on the team, we got a great team that has playoff potential oneday in the future, the way i look at it is we did 200% better then the 2008 season and we can atleast say we got a couple of wins this time around! I have faith in this team! Goodluck and stay blue!

2. By Jordan Comer on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Yesterday was nerve racking. I’m just nervous for the thursday game against the Packers. Both teams off of a win but we need this more. Good Luck…

3. By jeremy smith on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

I am sorry to take a moment from this blog content, but i just read about chris spileman’s wife passing. I am a 30 yr old die hard lions fan, constantly moving across this country. I grew up with the constans of barry sanders on o, and chris on d. I offer my condolences, and to any lion fan, to see a member of our family have to suffer anything more than losing seasons, especially to lose a partner, is more than i could, or ever want to, experience or imagine. At this time, he and his family, friends, and anyone lucky enough to have shared in their lives, are in my thoughts and prayers, and may their memories reflect on the positives that the spielman family worked so hard to stand for. My sincerest of repescts, and thank you chris for the many years i watched you blitz, sack, tackle, smash, and be a strong leader of the last respectable defensive unit we have seent to ths day. Our darkest hours never comein the night, I wish u better days, and the strength to make them.

one very saddened lions fan
    jerem y smith

4. By Alec NC on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

hey brandon great game, i watched the game in raleigh NC with my dad in a bar with at least 100 people staring at the screen with :00 seconds left, the last pass of the game, great catch and honestly you had some real nice plays before that. congrats on the win and keep it up yall are doin fine

5. By don on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Brandon that was a very exciting game that you guy’s played on Sunday and I can’t wait to see you guy’s take on the Packers this Thanksgiving.
    The Detroit LIONS looked like a REAL TEAM this past Sunday, and I believe that we can win even more.
    One game at a time.
    That was a fantastic catch at the end of the game and I thank you for giving it everything you had to catch that Ball and win the game for us!
    Congrats to you and the rest of the TEAM for a game well played!
    LIONS!

6. By adrian on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

Yeah man that’s just the 1st of many to come! Keep it up grewskie lol!

7. By Mark on Jan 20, 2010 | Reply

Hey Brandon,
    I watched you at OSU and thought you were a man among boys. I was glad we drafted you and I was right! Hang tough and God Bless you on your difficult work ahead to rehab. I know you’ll be back and better yet.

8. By R.Ramirez on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

dont know too much about you, but i hope you can score soo many points against opponents in 2010! hope you get better and feel better to win! as for bloggers posting about spileman and barry? Remember the season which mike utley got hurt? it was a shame, but for some reason tat year the Lions made noise!

9. By ward elliott on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

HOPE YOU COME BACK HEALTHY THIS YEAR BRANDON,THE TEAM AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MATT STAFFORD NEEDS THAT BIG TARGET OVER THE MIDDLE ,YOUR GOING TO BE A GREAT PRO,JUST KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND GET BACK ON THE FIELD. DETROIT FANS ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU PROUD OF YOU