Pettigrew will Require Season-Ending Surgery

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on November 27, 2009 – 8:23 pm

Today’s MRI revealed that TE Brandon Pettigrew‘s knee injury suffered against the Green Bay Packers will require season-ending surgery.

Pettigrew left in Detroit’s first offensive series after catching a 12-yard pass from QB Matthew Stafford. He was coming off his best game of the year in which he caught six passes for 72 yards, including the game-clinching touchdown.

18 Responses to “Pettigrew will Require Season-Ending Surgery”

1. By kalen santiago on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

get better…well see you next year alot to look foward to next year

2. By Steve Hannah on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

Great first year B-Pet. Heal-up. You’re with a team on the rise. Looking forward to seeing you mow them down next year.

3. By Dave Goheen on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

That’s too bad about Pettigrew. He has the talent to help this team. I hope he comes back next season.

4. By don on Nov 28, 2009 | Reply

I am at a lose for words. This is just the worse news that I have heard about for this TEAM. And for this Great player and rookie Brandon Pettigrew.
    Here is a young man that loves to play the game and gives it all he has and then some.
    I love this young man as a player and a human being that has I believe done all that he can to help this TEAM and to become a better player for his TEANNATES and his coaches and the Fans.
    I hope for the best for Brandon and am counting on The lord for his full recovery.
    GET well as soon as you can Brandon And thankyou for all you have done this year to help our TEAM become become the TEAM that we all know it can be.
    GET well soon brandon.
    LIONS!

5. By MATT BROWN on Nov 28, 2009 | Reply

good luck brandon hope your knee heals well. u had great numbers this year and it wasnt even a full season. next year will be YOUR year! go lions

6. By baddog on Nov 28, 2009 | Reply

Be ready for next year brandon as a Lions fan I have seen a team that inspires hope in the fans once again Yourself Matthew and louis with coach Scwartz have finally started restoring the Roar that the last 5 guys said the would do. Get Well Pettibeast

7. By Ryan on Nov 28, 2009 | Reply

Tough to lose a guy like Pettigrew. The season is a wash, but it would’ve been nice to see Stafford and Pettigrew hook up on some routes a few more times this year. I guess we’ll be seeing a lot more of Heller and Fitzsimmons.
    Stafford needs all the reps he can get, I’m glad the left shoulder seems to be holding up ok. He needs the playing time, even if he is pursuing Peyton Manning’s rookie interception record.
    Anyways, go Lions! Win us at least one or two more games, and get us out of the top 5-10 picks! We need to save some cash!

8. By Steven Houghtaling on Nov 29, 2009 | Reply

I wish the best for Brandon and hope he has a quick full recovery. I pray that it is nothing career threatening but you never know when it has to do to the LIONS. I pray that he will be at full speed by training camp and that he does not lose a step or start to play scared of re-injuring his knee. He is a great player and is going to play ab BIG part on turning this franchise around into a winning one. A lot of that is riding on him, not as much as Stafford but a lot and they will be a huge combo through their careers. I really look forward to hearing Stafford to Pettigrew!!!! I hope to hear that a couple of hundred more times over the next 10 years.

9. By Jason Stack on Nov 29, 2009 | Reply

This goes out to Brandon

Get well soon!!, you will be greatly missed on the field, and our televisions, when we get to watch you here in Flint, What a way to start and end your 1st year, you will be in my prayers, can’t wait to see you again next season, and as usaual GO LIONS!!!

10. By Chris on Nov 30, 2009 | Reply

Get Well soon Brandon and look forward to watching you next year. GO LIONS!!

11. By shawn elsey on Nov 30, 2009 | Reply

just when you think we could make it through the season without someone getting injuired like this the curse wont end get healthy pettigrew much love!!!!!!

12. By shawn elsey on Nov 30, 2009 | Reply

its not a big deal look at the season already get healthy for next year start freash GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. By don on Nov 30, 2009 | Reply

So we come to the conundrum, which coach will have his prayers answered. The easy answer is whichever coach wins. The right answer is that God respects no man over another and that the team that wins wins because they are more equipped to win. They are better prepared, better skilled; execute the game plan better and many more factors.

I put this down here hoping that the LIONS will read this.
    NO TEAM no Persons and NO excuses.
    If you guy’s are ready and know the game plan and execute it the way that you are supposed to then there are know excuses.
    YOUR not winning because the players arent doing what it takes to win.
    This TEAM Loses because they let to many other things get in the way of what they are supposed to be doing and that is preparing the right way and letting issues get in the way that shouldn’t be getting in the way.
    Find out what is disturbing the team and taking it away from the things that it is supposed to be doing and get rid of it or them.
    And be sure that your getting rid of the right distraction because to remove the wrong distraction is only going to hurt the TEAM.
    If the lord is no respector of men then that means that all the games that we lost is because we lost them. It wasn’t the others that beat us. Well maybe some because there are some that are more skilled and better prepared.
    BUT, there are more than a few that this TEAM could have won if you wouldn’t have let the distraction get in the way and would have prepared and been ready to play.
    Keep playing the childs games and see what you get.
    Someone is cuasing a distraction and it is his fualt that the TEAM is losing.SET them strait or get rid of them.AND whatever you do don’t get caught up in thier problems. Because NOW they are causing YOU problems.
    Take care of your own and let them take care of thiers.
    GO LIONS!

14. By Rocky Bass on Dec 1, 2009 | Reply

Brandon!
    This year you have helped me find new belief in the Lions future. Git-R-Done, rehab correctly! We’ll see you back for a great year next year young man.
    I believe you and that young Stafford kid form a great core along with with that lanky Johnson kid. -:)

May the Schwartz be with you.
    Rocky

15. By james ward on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

cant wait to watch u play next year!!!! get better

james aka porkchop

16. By don on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I do not know where to write this so I hope that someone from the LIONS reads this. I really think that if Kevin isn’t 100 % that he should sit this game out and get heeled up. I didn’t relize that Kevin has been playing Injured as long and as much as he has been that is rediculus to keep him in the game when he isn’t 100%. Kevin get sum more rest and let morris and Felton take the snapes in this game.
    Mathew Stafford it would turn out to be a grave mistake in this next game to go forcing that ball.
    If you are to come out of this game on top then you should protect the ball like it was your BABY.(child)
    YOU have the ability to find someone open and you can also run if need be that would be better than throwing the ball away or to the Oposing TEAM.
    And I hope this TEAM has prepared itself and is ready to go.
    I also hope that you have figuired out the distraction and have it under control.Sometimes people don’t mean to be a distraction,BUT they want what they want more than they care about the team. They do not mean for that to happen,they just have not found thier way in the next portion of their lives.
    If they keep forcing what they want over whats best for everyone else then sometime sooner or later life will just point it out for them and usually that is the hard way.
    Anyways,with the fact that the Browns played this TEAM fairthy well, BUT lost but not by much,Then, that means that this could be one heck of a good game in which it is not beyond the relm of another W in the win colomn.For the LIONS!
    The thing is to not be cocky to the point of being arrogant.I guess that I might be saying this to Delmas. Even though you should be full of confidence because you have the ability TO play this game and overtake your oponant you still don’t have to run the word game.Just play your game and then do your talking after it’s over. After all Chad is a good WR BUT, someday he might learn that he doesn’t need all that talk and just ACTION!
    Anyways This is a game that is able to be won just like all games if this TEAM is ready to win.
    If you are prepared then it is a game that should be taken.
    Games that are played are allways better games if both TEAMS come ready to play.They are the best games.

Another little saying for this TEAM like the respector of men.

COURAGE,COURAGE
    HEAD MY VOICE OF ENCOURAGEMENT,REMEMBER THAT I AM BY YOUR SIDE SPURRING YOU ON TO VICTORY!
    LIONS!

17. By don on Dec 5, 2009 | Reply

SORRY ABOUT SOME OF THESE MESSAGES SOMETIMES i’M SOOO FULL OF MYSELF. HAVE A GREAT GAME! AND I HOPE WE WIN.
    REALLY I JUST READ WHAT I WROTE, WHAT A MEATHEAD! LOL!!! I JUST WANT FOR THIS TEAM TO BE THE BEST TEAM SO BAD SOMETIMES THAT I GET CARRIED AWAY.
    LIONS!

18. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 3, 2012 | Reply

I’m glad he was able to come back so strong!