Delmas Wants a Big Game Against Chicago

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on December 31, 2009 – 9:32 pm

“The season has been pretty exciting. It hasn’t gone the way I wish it had gone, but I made it this far – we made it this far. We’ve got a lot to look forward to next year going into this game. This game is very important for us because it’s either going to leave a good taste or a bad taste in people’s mouths looking into it next year.

“Looking at this week, Forte is that man. I guess you could say, just like the safety is the quarterback of the defense, for the receivers and the running backs Forte is the quarterback for that group. He moves the ball very well. He gets the crowd and the offense going. He’s going to be a load to stop, but I think we’re going to try and do a good job of containing him. Once we do that, we’ll work on everybody else.

“Remembering the last time we played them, I am going to be ready for a shootout or just a dogfight. They can score points at any time. Looking back on the Vikings game from this past Monday, they put up 36 points. You’ve just got to be ready to play all four quarters.

“To win this game would be very positive because no team wants to lose their last game and then go through summer workouts knowing that they lost their last game. It leaves a bad taste not only in the fans’ mouths, but in our mouths also. Just to win this last game would be very important for us because this organization isn’t known for winning. Just going into the summer – going on vacation – knowing that you got a win under your belt gives you a lot to look forward to when you have to report back.

“With this being my last entry of the season, I just want to tell the fans we’re going to go out there and we’re going to give it our all. We’re going to give them a show and they should just prepare themselves for a very exciting game.”

Posted in Uncategorized | 20 Comments »

20 Responses to “Delmas Wants a Big Game Against Chicago”

1. By kajohnson55 on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

Hey Louis, You are awesome! I’m pulling for you!! Keep up the fight for a great Lions team!

2. By Dennis Brown on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

can’t wait to see you take the bears offense apart. you are one of the brightest spots that i’ve seen on this team in years. with the rest of this years rookie class i’m seriously excited about the future of the lions now. hopefully i’ll get a chance to meet you.

3. By don on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

I do not dought for one Minute that this TEAM isn’t going to give us a game to remember.
    Louis Delmas you have given us all you have and i’m sure that in the future you will give us a lot more!
    And I agree with coach Cunningham that you ARE the “ROOKIE OF THE YEAR”! And you deserve to have that honor.
    This TEAM gave us a lot this year. Even though you didn’t win that much I do know that you guy’s were all giving us what you could at this time in life.
    It is a new year and it will come with a lot of changes Good and bad.
    I hope that we all are prepared to handle life this year With a smile on our face and hope in our hearts that things wil get better one day at a time.
    And I hope that you and your family and all our families will do well and be happy!
    God bless you all.
    Happy new year.
    LIONS!

4. By Stew Hudson on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

Hey Bud,
    keep it up! Some of the losses were harsh in 09 but I believe in u guys and a draft away from playoffs. If u read this though please try and rock Chicago!

5. By Jimmy on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

Louis,
    You have a great attitude and as an aggressive player, you can very well set a winning tone for this game..Go out there and show the fans in Detroit that
    Pride has not left this team totally. My best wishes to you and the team..

Jimmy

6. By Rand Gearld DesRosiers on Jan 2, 2010 | Reply

louis im pumped up for next year! i want to see you blow people out of the air like you did this year! when they said you were an intense player, my eyes lite up.i grew up watching the black and blue division. you need to look at some old films of the match ups, like Butkis and Sanders. get with Lem Barney. hang out with one of the best corners to ever play the game, my brother. i promise it will be a life changing experiance for you. it will intensify your carrer here in Detroit! we lost to Dallas in the playoffs in 1970 . 5 to 0 . it was devastating! then in 92 or 93, we lost to Washington, who we never beat. Barry had a another great year. he had a great game too. then you guys beat them for your first win in how many games?? i know we should have won more games this year. but next year, we must play 500 ball!!!!!! good luck in the last game. pick one off for me bro, and return it for 6. cause a fumble or two and hit them hard, just like you always do. again congrats on the rookie of out year!!!! take care Rand G DesRosiers

7. By coachmike on Jan 2, 2010 | Reply

Louis your fan base bcke home r so proud of you . keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing you n the off season at NMB alumni camp. Sundevil 4 life !!

8. By John on Jan 2, 2010 | Reply

Being a Toledo Rocket fan as well as a Lions fan I appreciate the Lions drafting you because I think there are many good players in the MAC. You have proven to be a great asset to the Lions this year and I hope you will continue to be the impact player next year that you have been this year. I also hope you can instill in the other players that will be back next year as well as the players which will be drafted that hard work and commitment can turn this team around. Good luck in the future and beat them Bears. What a great way to start out the new year. GO LIONS!!

9. By Patrick on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Louis is by far the best safety the Lions have had( in my life). Not since Reggie Brown have the Lions had a defensive player this exciting. Louis knows how to hit. He knows how to get the most out of ever collision. I have enjoyed watching him play so much this year. I know Louis will be much better then John Lench was here in Tampa. Look out Ed Reed. The best safety in the league will play in Detroit next year. PS I bet Ochocinco knows who Louise Delmas is now!

10. By Topher Closson on Jan 8, 2010 | Reply

I was living in Kalamazoo at the time you got drafted. I thought it was pretty cool that a player from WMU was going to be on the LIons. I wasn’t sure how good you’d be though. But wow you really can play. You deserve a lot of props. Hopefully with another excellent draft and some more talent, you guys will be serious contenders. I’ll see you next year!

11. By MICHAEL YOUNKER on Jan 9, 2010 | Reply

Delmas turned out to be a great leader this year, we thank u for givin a 100 percent. I am from sacramento and i watched every game from are local sports bar i got alot of crap but your play always gave me something to bragg bout, from your vicious hits to your ball sworming ability. Your the next great saftey that we hadn’t have sine Beine Blades. You will have many pro bowls ahead just gotta work on not bein so aggressive i like that u are but sometimes it hurts but for doin what u did this season was better than i thought keep ya head up and cant wait to see how u do next year. Between u and Matt lion fans got some reason to believe GOD BLESS

12. By Shane Lemcool on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Louis I just want tio say to you what breath of fresh air yo are to the fans of the LIONS and also what a superstar we all feel that you are and iwill betan you for yourdrive, dermination and defensive skill you have brought to the the team I for one can not wait to see where you tke our lions in the comming years……………………………

Sincerely Shane Lemcool

13. By Jean Carpenter on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Delmas,

My husand and I watched you for 4 years at WMU before you came to Detroit. We are all so proud of what you are doing and who you are. You are an outstanding player and gentleman.

You are one of the KEY players to turn the Lions around. We look forward to seeing you each Sunday in 2010.

Keep up the GREAT work.

The Carpenters

14. By Mark on Jan 20, 2010 | Reply

Louis, I was so happy we drafted you and you have not disappointed one bit. Get ready to lead this defense back to respectability. Have a great off-season!

15. By R.Ramirez on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Lois Louis Louis, man thank you for an enjoyable yeaR! i have never watched a detroit lions defense man take control like you did! much love to larry for coming over from the steelers to play in his home city! but man you blew it up! Thanks for being there for us and to be such an excllent mark of behavoir”on the defensive side for us”

16. By Jason on Jan 28, 2010 | Reply

Just keep making plays missal

17. By Chris on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

i never thought detroit would have a safety that reminded me so much of troy polomalu!!! i know i probably spelled that wrong but it doesn’t matter cuz i feel like louis delmas is the name that people are going to be mentioning when it comes to the elite safeties in the nfl. as long as we keep our hometown players like larry foote, julian peterson, and louis delmas on the team and build around them…………i feel like playoffs at least are on the way. i’ve been a diehard fan since the first game i ever went to even through these bad years players like louis delmas have kept me smiling. thanks for bringing the kind of work ethic and aggressiveness to detroit that you do. see you next year!

18. By cody miller on Feb 16, 2010 | Reply

hey, i play football for my high school and i wanna learn how to hit so hard got any tips?

19. By dave k on Mar 15, 2010 | Reply

as the best def player on the lions you have to be excited the management is signing some bigtime def players…louis keep up the hard work REAL LIONS FANS appreciate it and go lions 2010

20. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 3, 2012 | Reply