Rookies Check in for Orientation

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on April 29, 2010 – 5:03 pm

Exactly one week after the Detroit Lions selected DT Ndamukong Suh and RB Jahvid Best, both players and the rest of the rookie class are checking in for Rookie Orientation.

Practices will take place Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will include drafted rookies as well as rookie free agents and other invited players.

Stay tuned to Detroitlions.com for full coverage for this weekend’s event!

Tags: ,

26 Responses to “Rookies Check in for Orientation”

1. By Robbie on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

Lets go 2020 draft class this will be fun.

2. By Lance Manly on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

Best Suh!

Awesome

Enjoy it; have a great season!

Go Lions!

3. By terrance gentry on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

cant wait 2 c how dey turn out…..dey are da future uv da lions…. and i c a victorius future

4. By romano on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

Try to enjoy every moment & be smart with the money. I’m really looking forward to this year as a Lions fan!!! See in Denver for the pre season game.

5. By shane lemcool on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

SUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH DO THE DAM THING SON YOU LITERALLY JUST SOLIDIFIED OUR OFFENSIVE LINE ALL BY YOUR SELF WE COULD NT HAVE MADE A BETTER PICK IN THE DRAFT ..AND BEST ARE YOU SERIOUS MAN WE WILL BE CONTENDERS IN NO TIME

6. By shane lemcool on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

OH SORRY I MEAN OUR DEFENSIVE LINE MY BAD

7. By brent on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

man he shored up the o line too just from them having to compete with suh the beast at practice

8. By Karen on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

I am from Nebraska and am a very proud Husker Fan who has seen Suh dominant that defensive line. Even though we came up short in the Big 12 title game against Texas, it was great seeing Suh throw down quarterback McCoy like he was a rag doll! Suh has a very strong work ethic and will give his maximum effort in every game. With Kyle Vandebosh also from Nebraska coming to the Lions, your defensive line will be very exciting to watch. Good luck to your team.

9. By tony thacker on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

LETS GET IT ON BOYS,SOOOOOO GLAD SUH AND BEST ARE HERE AND A FRESH STAFFORD

10. By spencer on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

ssuuuuuuuhhhhhh i hope they win at least six or seven games this season
    go best to he looks like a barry sanders type running back

11. By Phil on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

Your a beast put a hurt on those offenses.

and got you nickname buddy since we cant say your first name donkey kong or or king kong suh.

12. By Jordan on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

yeah things are looking bright for the lions hopefully the new T will be an addition i haven’t been able to see any games from florida

13. By Nick on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I hope Farve comes back, so SUH can break his hip!!

14. By Shavon Walker on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Go Lions. Great draft. Love the Suh pick and aggressiveness by the front office to move up and get Suh. Jason Fox should push Backus and Cherilus this season and eventually start in a year if everything turns out the way we want it to. Spievey is just the guy we needed at the position we needed.
    Great overall draft.

15. By Reese on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Life time fan finally some moves that make me proud to be a lions fan.

16. By Dez1 on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Thanx ! Let the change contitnue. I love it . The only bad ting is the anticipation and the effects thereof .

17. By charlie on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I live up here in cheese head wi and still ware my lions gear with pride but please kick some this year !!! this would make life better up here for this guy once from kalamazoo.

18. By andy monacelli on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

this will be a winning season for the detroit lions this year.

19. By Denise on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Congrats to all rookies!!!! Welcome to Detroit!! I am so happy to see all these athletes on our team. Looking forward to seeing Shu, Tim, Willie, Jason, Amari, Jahvid and all the other rookies play for us. GO Lions!!!!!!!

20. By Mike on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I live in ohio and don’t get the games unless i use direct tv. they are the only company that has the nfl package. I only wish to see my Lions though, so hopefully soon someone will come up with a favorite team channel or maybe narrow it down to the division games. This should cut the price because for what I pay now i could drive up to ford field and attend approx three home games in up close action.

21. By Mike on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

As of Suh..he’s gonna be a force to deal with up front. A compliment to the others, a youthful powerful spark. We surely needed him.

And Best will offer that ability to mix it up. Make teams respect our threats, and that only make’s our boy Kevin that much better. (get healthy, we need you). This guy is quick, an escape artist, can dip all the way.

I’m really digging the coachng and front office changes that have happened these last couple years vs. the MM era and beyond, since Barry..

22. By Michael on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Are the rookie practices open to the public?

23. By BILLO313 on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

the lions have been making all the right moves thus far. i believe we will have a great season. Suh and Best are gonna make a big splash here in Detroit!!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LIONS START CRACKIN HEADS!!!

24. By Don on May 2, 2010 | Reply

Yes, Suh is the BEST! And BEST IS THE BEST ALSO!
    Yes, The D-Line is Looking GOOD!
    And the O-Line isn’t Looking as shaby as it has at times.
    However, Now that we Got Simms from Seattle The Line is going to shpe up.We could use some BU for the O-Line. OH YEA WE have BU for the O-LINE
    John Jansen, And Jason Fox.that is two of them anyway.and they have some YOUNG Studs Comming in to try out also.
    Jason FOX Is a BEAST! And He is going to be Very Good AT the Tackle position. This Dude can Move his Feet and He is the Best Blocker That I have seen the LIONS Bring in,in a long time!
    I did get to watch him on Tape And I would Take him Just as if I would have Taken Okune. I think that this Kid is going to be as good as Okune is if not better. And he can play both Right or Left Takcle. And I’m sure that he can play at Guard if we need him to also.
    REALLY, This Jason Fox was WAY Underrated. He is a LOT better than what he was Projected.
    This Draft BY our GM and head Coach will turn out to be a REAL WINNER IN TIME!
    Now I hope that this Organization gives Schwartz the TIME that he needs To take them all the way.
    LIONS!

25. By Lucian Best on May 8, 2010 | Reply

lets go Lions!!!!!!!!!! ima former 49er fan. BUT the lions selected my cousin with the 30th pick so ima die hard Lion fan now. Already got my gear!

26. By Denise on May 17, 2010 | Reply

To Lucian Best,

Congrats on your cousin coming to Detroit!!!!!! The fans in Detroit will support the best “Best” family. We are looking forward to your visit at Ford Field.