Delmas Having a Tough Time Watching from the Sideline

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on June 24, 2010 – 10:05 pm

“I tweaked my groin a little bit. Nothing too serious. The coaches are doing a good job of trying to settle it down for a minute, so I won’t have it aching when I come back into camp. They told me to take two weeks off, so I’m going to take a week off and try to rehab as much as I can to get even stronger. That way when I come back in for camp, I’ll be 100-percent.

“It’s tough just watching practices right now. I’m an every-practice and game type of dude. I love to come in here and treat every practice like a game, but unfortunately I’m on the sideline, so I watch from afar. I can cheer along pretty well – I think I’ve been doing a good job at that.

“From watching the first few practices, I think the team has finally realized what we’ve got and what we could have. Everybody’s starting to buy in a little bit and the team is starting to make more and more plays and gain a little confidence in itself.

“The secondary has been doing great, especially Jonathan Wade leading us out there as well as myself. Marvin (White) and Marquand (Manuel) – us in the secondary really are doing a tremendous job of communicating and getting everybody lined up and knowing our roles.

“Our roles are basically being a quarterback of the defense. Right now, Coach Walton is doing a great job of emphasizing that really hard and saying, ‘Okay, we’ve got to take control’ and we’re doing that.

“Amari (Spievey) had a great day. Actually, he’s been having a great last couple days. Him and Jonathan Wade told me something today. They told me that every day they play, they play like they’re going to get cut the next day.

“That’s so crazy to me because people take this for granted. If you’ve been here a year or so, you go out there and don’t miss opportunities. But they have both been having great days back-to-back-to-back and that shows you why.”

Tags: ,
Posted in Uncategorized | 23 Comments »

23 Responses to “Delmas Having a Tough Time Watching from the Sideline”

1. By Samuel Vestevich on Jun 24, 2010 | Reply

Take your time and get healthy as there is no rush!!! I am looking forward to watching you guys become the most improved team in the NFL. It’s hard to watch from the sidelines, but it’s only for a moment!!! GO LIONS!! ROAR!!! 8-8 in 2010

2. By J.T. on Jun 25, 2010 | Reply

Get well soon Mr. Delmas. Hopefully our secondary will surprise some folks this season

3. By Daniel on Jun 25, 2010 | Reply

Hey Louis, I am so excited this year for this defense to finally make strides toward becoming a smashmouth defense. I believe if we buy into this scheme we can benefit off this front line that we have now.

4. By Don on Jun 25, 2010 | Reply

I feel Really bad that you can’t pratice Louis cuz I know that it means alot to you.
    However you have a long season and we need you out there for all of it.
    It is GREAT when you talk about the 2ndry comming together out there because That is what everyone is worrying about with this TEAM. And I know that we have the Talent to do the Job for 16 weeks and finish on a very high note!
    You guy’s are going into this thing the way that Defensive backs should. With a ton of confidence.
    When guy’s have been Making their predictions I am with them all the way.
    I know that we have the Talent to Get this TEAM to the Playoffs and beyond.
    One game at a time.
    That makes The Chicago game the Most important Game right now.
    I know I’m way ahead of myself so I will slow down.
    However when anyone has something negative to say about this TEAM I NOW have enough to cover whatever they say.
    When they say one thing that isn’t good I can knock it down with three things better than they have to prove that we can.
    It’s all being put together and the odds are turning in our Favor!
    LIONS!

5. By Samuel Vestevich on Jun 25, 2010 | Reply

6. By jalen brightwell on Jun 26, 2010 | Reply

louis delmas u the best.

7. By Smiley on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Keep your head up and get healthy. If anyone can afford to miss offseason time, it’s you. Now with camp over you have a month to get healthy.

8. By Brian Rexford on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Its great to hear the confidence Louis, being a Lions fan all my life i must say the last 10 years have been very painful. I start the saeson like every other Lions fan hopeing we make the playoffs, I think we have the coaching staff that will get us there and I believe we have been drafitng the players to get us to the palyoffs. It all starts with the DEFENSE, we have a great defensive line and we will put pressure on the QB. Will the secondary help us out? Big question here, I hope you guys gell and can do the job. Knowing we will have pressure up front they will throw the ball quickly, we need some big hits form you guys this year. Good luck and get us to the PLAYOFS!

9. By Ron A on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

I would have a hard time being on the sideline as well. when you are a coach on the field like Delmas it must drive him crazy. Therer is no way you can have him not healthy when the season starts. Like coach said, teams might have put up 17 more points per game last year with out him on the field.Delmas has not only been a great leader on this team but he is also great in the community.

10. By Jordan on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

hell yeah man screw the haters the last ten years have been matt millens doing not working with the coaches!

11. By Don on Jun 28, 2010 | Reply

On the May 20,2010 radio Lions review there was a guy who brought up The subject of weather or not our offensive line was a good one or not and where are Men on the OL were rated. Well I have checked on that at one point and I will try to find it again but, at least four of our OL men were rated whithin the top ten to fifteen OL the best OL men in the League. And you could say that fifteen isn’t very good However that is totaly wrong because 10 to 15 out of about 300 offensive linemen is pretty darn good.
    And as far as the one man who was wondering about weather or not Coach Schwartz was a good coach or not, Didn’t seem that this guy even realy cared weather or not Schwartz was any good or not.
    But, rather had another agenda on his Mind.
    I believe that coach Schwartz is a great coach and soon we will find that out as the TEAM in which he is coaching is becoming a more talented TEAM.

12. By Matthew on Jul 2, 2010 | Reply

Louis,

Keep stretching your groin and hamstrings because your legs are the most important part of your body when having a long career in the NFL. Legs are the key to success!

13. By sethfalan on Jul 3, 2010 | Reply

wecome back bly

14. By kalen santiago on Jul 4, 2010 | Reply

i think he knows that hes leg are important.i hope he as one heka of a year better then last year prop bowl time…..the new dre bly back in the 8 mile this d is starting to come around…im a lions fan in san jose,ca wow

15. By sethfalan on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

bring back Kevin Jones

16. By sethfalan on Jul 10, 2010 | Reply

the lion should go after Quentin Jammer

17. By Don on Jul 11, 2010 | Reply

Well, Kalen Santiago,
    It is great to hear that you are a LIONS FAN. This TEAM and the other Fans Need More Fans that are believers like you!
    And Yea, I am Very Happy To See Dre Bly back in a LIONS Uniform Where he belongs and Never should have had to Leave.
    I for One am Hoping that in the first Game in Chicago That you get to Play and you get to show Mr.Marinelli Just Who he sent away from this TEAM.
    And I hope that you entercept the Ball like 5 times In the first game that you play against them, and then, when you play against him the next time I hope that between the four of you DBs that you just Make them look sick!
    GO LIONS!

18. By Seth on Jul 11, 2010 | Reply

bring in the law tylaw he old we all know it but he could make a good safety or cb he been around and see it all give the old guy opportunity to come a show the young guy how to last along time in the nfl

19. By Dale on Jul 18, 2010 | Reply

Hey Lewis , It’s your boy Dale just wanted tell you . You are a great player an hope to see you in a lions jersy for years to come . I got my first authentic jersy with your name on it .

20. By Jake on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

You the man Louis. I’m so excited about you guys this year. It’s hard for me not to be excited, with such an improved d-line. I can’t wait to see Best with the ball in his hands, as well as Staff’s new receiving weapons!

Keep your head up, keep working hard, I believe we’re finally on track to RESTORE THE ROAR!

21. By Michael M. Daugherty on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Hi Louis! Remember, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger! You are a big part of this defense! Get healthy ,so you can be a part of this Super Bowl run.I believe in my heart that this team has all the people to take that Super Bowl Trophy! the question is ,DO YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH?!! Good luck Lous!! I am pulling for you guys!! ps Bragging about you too!!!!!!!!!

22. By Brian Rexford on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Louis, we need a vocal leader on Defense, step up and start calling your teamates out! Why can’t we TACKLE, you know how frustrating it is to watch this team for the last 10 years has been? We are rabid football fans and we deserve better than this, you have got 4 or 5 defensive temates who can’t or won’t tackle anybody. Our conerbacks stink, [plain and simple] our linebackers are average at best [Levy hasn’t hit anyone in 3 games, Peterson can’t cover and doesn’t react to the run until it is too late. Somebody needs to be called out and you need to do it. This is getting bad and we need to turn this around and it starts with a leader, STEP UP!

23. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Delmas has to stay healthy and stop trying to blow people up. Just tackle.