What Should Dan Miller Ask Matthew Stafford?

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on August 22, 2010 – 3:51 am

QB Matthew Stafford will be joining FOX 2′s Dan Miller this upcoming Tuesday, August 24 for a live interview on FOX 2 News at 6:00 p.m.

FOX 2 wants to know what they should ask Stafford!

Submit your questions by following this link: Ask Matthew Stafford

11 Responses to “What Should Dan Miller Ask Matthew Stafford?”

1. By Rebecca on Aug 22, 2010 | Reply

After watching the Detroit v. Denver game tonight, I feel that the Lions are a much stronger team. What are your thoughts on the upcoming schedule?

2. By mike halley on Aug 22, 2010 | Reply

Now that you are in your second year as our leader of this team, how much control do you get in calling your own plays. As in check offs, and being able to call any play you see fit to call, or are you scripted by coach only plays?

Allso, how are plays called when you go to a no hudle offence?

3. By Don on Aug 22, 2010 | Reply

I Believe that If our First Team Stay’s Healthy that the Sky is the Limit!
    and if the 2nd and third string Players Play like they did Last Night that this Team will be hard to stop for any othe Team.
    I am a Little concerned about the RED Zone Scoring Oppertunities.
    Something that I have Noticed through the Years with this Team and Just do not understand?
    Is Why do we allways get so Close to the end Zone before trying to score?
    It would Seem that it would be easier on Pass Plays to try to Score from 25 or 20 Yards out rather than from 10 to 15 yards out?
    There is More room to get an Open Man with 25 to 20 yards out.
    Once you get to the 10 yard Line it is easier to score by Running it in.
    Trying to score from the 10 yard line though the air doesn’t Leave enough room for WRs to get Open,and everyone is all bunched up from that distance making it harder to find am open Man.
    I have watched this Team Over and over for years Getting to the 10 yard Line and then trying to throw it into the Endzone But, not finding an Open Man and then having to settle for a Feild Goal.
    It might be something to try out at Practice and see which is easier.
    From the 25 to 20 Punching it in whith a Pass and then trying it from 15 to 10 trying to punch it in with a Pass.
    Then try and see if it is easier to just Run the ball in Once you get to the 10.
    Don’t Mean to be an SA or anything, It’s just an Observation That I have Noticed threw the years.
    We Have been doing it that way Since before Mathew even Got here and it allway’s seems to work out that when we get to Close to the endzone and then try to throw it in that we end up taking a Feild goal instead of a Touchdown.
    anyway’s this TEAM is great all the way around and I am very Happy to see the 2nd and third strings step it up and really come to play and Make all the effort that they can to Make this TEAM.
    Wheather you Make it or not it will only make it better for you and the TEAM if you push all the way to the end to try and Make the TEAM.
    And If you make the TEAM and your not a Starter and your Backing up The starters, when you get your time in the Game PLAY LIKE YOU ARE A STARTER, That is what will elevate this TEAM from an OK Team to a Playoff Team. This TEAM Needs everyone To step it up. and if they do, Then this TEAM is on it’s way to being the true competitor that it has been waiting to be for a Long, Long, Long Time.
    And I have to say that The secondary is Playing a great game also.
    They Have the Right attitude, They have what it takes to play this Game the way that they should.
    I could go on for ever BUT I wont!
    Great Game! Try out that End Zone test. And see what works best? 25 to 20 or 15 to 10?
    LIONS!

4. By MrMotivation on Aug 22, 2010 | Reply

Will you take more risk running out of the pocket instead of taking the sacks?

5. By Jason on Aug 22, 2010 | Reply

What do you think of your receiving targets this year Matt? I think with Burleson on the team now we will see more great plays from everybody. The tight end position is loaded too with Scheffler and Pettigrew. Running backs look great too. Jahvid is looking like a big play back with Kevin Smith to back him up. Finally i am confident that we can actually beat the teams in our division with a great D-line and linebackers. I just hope the cornerbacks can be on the same level. GO LIONS!!

6. By KUSH on Aug 22, 2010 | Reply

With so many deep threats…WHERE IS THE BOMB? also; Is there or not a SPECIFIC PATTERN OR at least an option of holes you leed an outlet or last checkdown to vs. a 3-4 (different vs. a 4-3 ?) OR do you simply get it there a quickly as reasonable then let them find the openings ?

7. By Roy on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Great job so far Matt, I watched both preseason games and the team looks better than ever. You seem much more comfortable in the pocket, and you havent forced any throws.
    Besides obviously staying healthy, what are your personal goals looking forward to this season?
    I live in San Diego and have been a Lions fan all my life. When can you guys come here and beat the Chargers? I desperately need some bragging rights. We usually get one Lions game on TV per year so please win Thanksgiving!!

8. By Roy on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

Hello Matt. I watched both preseason games so far and the first team is lookin great! Brutal front four on defense, good O-line protection, and you seem alot more comfortable in the pocket.
    I have two questions and one favor to ask. Q1 what are your personal goals this season? Q2 I live in San Diego, but i’ve been a Lions fan all my life. When can you guys come here and beat the Chargers? I desperately need some bragging rights over here.
    Favor: I only get one Lions game per season on tv here on the west coast, so please win Thanksgiving for me.
    GO LIONS!!!

9. By Justin Davis on Aug 23, 2010 | Reply

You may not realize this, but the last time a Lions qb went to the probowl was in 1972. How would you feel if people start claiming you as the guy who finally replaces the last great Lions qb Bobby Layne?

10. By Jon29 on Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

How do you feel about your Offensive Line protection?

11. By Gord on Aug 28, 2010 | Reply

Lions’ fans are used to seeing this team go down the field, get to the 20-yard line and go into panic mode. Thank God for Jason Hanson. Last week, in all those beautiful trips down the field, looking fine, get to the red zone. Guess what? What can this team do to develop an effective red zone offense and actually start to score TDs instead of trotting out the leg again?