Schwartz Announces 2010 Team Captains

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on September 6, 2010 – 3:29 pm

Lions players voted on their team captains for the 2010 season and Head Coach Jim Schwartz announced the names following Monday’s practice.

Offensive team captains are QB Matthew Stafford and C Dominic Raiola; defensive team captain is DE Kyle Vanden Bosch and special teams captain is K Jason Hanson.

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses to “Schwartz Announces 2010 Team Captains”

1. By chris on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

been a lions fan for 39 years hope for a 6or 7 win season
    glad we got vandenbosh,suh,calvin ,and best ….who is gonna be great..
    wish they wouldnt have cit..cohen or de de dorsey shoulda hung on to dre bly as a back up at least….ah what the hell…keep toone to.Stafford over bradford…any day way tougher

2. By jake on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

I already knew that matt stafford, dominic raiola, and jason hanson were going to be captains. I love that kyle vanden bosch is now in there instead of the same old raiola and hanson. The players and the coaches are getting smarter and smarter as years pass by. Chicago, you better be ready becase here comes the roar. MOTOR CITY HAS ARRIVED!!!
    GO LIONS!!!

BigFanJ$

3. By Billy on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

where c johnson jr.?

4. By Tommy Gonzales on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

What’s up boys!! Good choice on the team captians!! We’re all routing on you guys, and we know you’ll get the job done. I’m 24 years old, been a die hard fan for life, and I’ve never seen an offseason as exciting as this one.. So good luck to you all and just know that we back you guys 100%… win or lose.. The Detroit Lions are my team baby!!!

5. By jay rambo on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

Well I am really happy with what the detroit lions did in short time. Long time fan and i believe Jim Schwartz has his head on straight, I can see this team being 8-8 and that would be a great improvement.

6. By michael vance on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

i watch yall games, and i attended Frederick Douglass Football team last season when yall gave up alot of equiptment (thyanks alot)…….but i pay attention alot and i think you guys should try a wild cat formation, but nt a wild cat play at all…..switch it up alil run with that for a while keep the defense guessing and then hit them with a few screen passes this year because yall barley do it jus acouple thing that can get the offense pumping

7. By Dan Wiese on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

Gentlemen,

I have been a lions fan for 35 yrs and I honestly feel that this year we have a contender, Stafford, Best, Johnson, Burelson, Vanden Bosch, Suh, Raiola. I am pumped for the 2010 season, I think we have a shot at the playoffs and then some. Stay focused guys, eyes on the prize, Do Detroit proud and take em down week after week.

8. By jason montgomery on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Alright gentlemen!! Prepare and STEAL yourselves for battle!! the war of 2010-2011 is upon and i have faith!!! I have been a lions fan since i coudl walk adn my lyalty has never waivored, Play with mental toughness and strength! I am really excited for you guys, for this season!! Best wishes to all of you, your most loyal fan, DocMonty!

9. By Detroit Lions Junkie on May 18, 2012 | Reply

Jim Schwartz is the best coach the Lions have ever had!