Suh: ‘We’re going to go into the next game and take care of business’

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on September 13, 2010 – 2:23 pm

“It was an average game for myself. Played hard. I just don’t know if I was fully comfortable with the way I played. It’s all a work in progress. Did some good things, did some bad things, but I just have to continue to work. I think I played real well in the run game. Pass game, I was off and on, although I did get a sack. It was a cheap sack, but I’ll definitely take it. I’ve just got to continue to work and produce more.

“I think the defense as a whole, we had a good couple series. In particular, being on the goal line – being in a tough position – being resilient. I think we’re a tough group of guys and definitely expect a lot out of ourselves as a group. I think we can play with anybody as long as we continue to work and prepare the right way.

“Explosion plays hurt us without a doubt. They shouldn’t have happened but, then again, things happen and you’ve got to find ways to bounce back from them. I think the majority of the time, we did bounce back from them, but we definitely have to eliminate explosion plays. Especially in key situations, like the one before the half.

“The injuries were unfortunate, but it’s a very physical game. I’m at a different level than all these other guys who have been up here, but it’s definitely a lot more physical. Things like that are going to happen and, with that, guys behind them always have to be ready to step in as our starters. With the quarterback situation, I think Shaun came in and did a great job. He’s expected to do that.

“That being said, things aren’t always going to work out the best on the offensive side of the ball – the same thing for us on defense. With that, we know we have to – at all costs – try to get the ball back to our offense so they can get back in the flow and take care of their normal business. We’ve just got to go out there and get the ball back.

“To the fans: there’s not a lot to worry about – we played really well. I think this is definitely a new era for the Detroit Lions, I can definitely feel that. I think everybody on the team feels that way and we just want to continue to play. Though we didn’t come out with the win as we planned, we’re going to go into the next game and take care of business, especially because we’re at home.”

Tags: , ,

63 Responses to “Suh: ‘We’re going to go into the next game and take care of business’”

1. By Jason on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Is the defense going to play both ways now? Defense appeared to be the only portion of the squad that came to play.

2. By Andrew Voight on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Love the attitude, and still love my Lions! I see a big difference in the team.

3. By steve c. on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

from brooklyn n.y , I am the greatest lions fan in the country,48 years and counting.I want to take care of business ALL the time not “especially because we’re at home” !

4. By Gator on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Team looked better and their going in the right direction. Can’t help but wonder why the team does not get Calvin Johnson involved earlier in games!!! Finally,
    we have a good coach in Jim Schartz that has them playing hard with intensity.
    Lets hope Matthew isn’t out too long.

5. By Sheryl Peterfi on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Your defense did a great job, especially at the goal line. Next time a receiver catches the pass in the end zone, and it will happen, tell him to take the ball into the locker room with him to ensure the touchdown. Ha. Keep up the good work. GO LIONS! See you on Thanksgiving Day.

6. By Tim on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Your doing great suh, your drawing double teams freeing up other guys to get to the qb. In time youll learning how to get away from that. As for the reat of the D Im seeing great hussel hard hits and great motor and everybody going to the ball. Keep up the good work. I picked detroits defense in my fantasy football league and everybody laughed at me. I got 12 points this week who laughing now!!!!!!!!
    Go Lions
    See u on 10-10-10

7. By IowaLionsFan on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Number 90 is so big he wont fit on my 83 inch hd projector screen ,, lol.
    You and Kyle will tear it up this year …GO LIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. By Fred on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

I was over impressed with what all you guys did defensely. I thought the Calvin catch was BS but I do understand the rule. It needs to be changed. Detroit D# front line gives me hope for the future. You guys were great!!!! Please continue to give me hope.

9. By Kyle D on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

You guys did awesome Suh!! Its nice to have a defense you can get pumped up about watching finally.

10. By Chris on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Good job D!! Keep up that intensity and focus and you guys will dominate for sure. Its great to finally see a D line that can bring the pressure and make the QB nervous. Suh your a beast and I for one am glad you are playing for our team and not against us! You and the rest of that Defense keep punishing! GO LIONS!!!

11. By jeff b on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Great job guys, the front 4 beast are going to take care of business. I cant wait to make it to the game and see you guys play. So i will see you guys in Tampa,

12. By Josh on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

I for one was totally impressed with the intensity of your defense. You guys did a great job. Thanks for what you and the rest of your teammates done. You guys give us hope that it will be a great year. Hope the team continues to grow, and hopefully stafford can play this weekend.

13. By Omar on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

That goal line stance was Awesome!!! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen some good D. You guys started up a fire in me. Go Lions!!

14. By Josh on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

The defense was amazing! I finally saw some ferocity come out during the snaps. In seasons past, it seemed like we were playing with a team of zombies. I can see that “Restore the Roar” is more than just a saying, but something truly being worked and accomplished! Even though the scoreboard doesn’t show it, Lions, you beat the ‘bears on Soldier field. Walk into the next game knowing what you are all capable of! God Bless. GO LIONS!!!!!

15. By Eric on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

We won that game! Big Suh boy are we glad 2 have a player like u..they double team u constantly..been a lion fan a long time..that goal line stand was incredible..the bears had great field position most of the game..an our d still held them down just incredible…the offense has got 2 quit goin 3 an out so much,give u guys some rest man….Vandenbosh is a beast 2…this is the best lion d i ever saw…Skys the limit…u guys looked like yall been playin 2gether for years…

16. By LaVelle on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

great job lions D calvin keep your head up everyone knows that was a touchdown, ive been a lions fan all my life and this is the most promise the team has shown in a long time, keep working hard GO LIONS!

17. By BILLO313 on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

SUUUUHHHH!!! i watch you on every down!!! you guys have completely blown me away with the new intensity and aggressiveness!!! im loving the defense right now. i hope you get double digit sacks this year!! i am upset that we lost last week, but i hope you guys are taking it as motivation to come out and show that we still got game. i dont doubt you guys at all. we can still win these games!!! best of luck to you and the guys!!! GO LIONS!!!!!!

18. By Barry Seward on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

Great Goal Line Stand!

19. By J.T. on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

I’m sorry that Jaff Backus is responsible for the regression of yet another Lions QB. He is a very dangerous player for the team and I can’t believe he’s been a starter for ten games. Jeff Backus gives up an average of over 7 sacks per season which statitistically makes him the worst starting LT in the game to have atleast 100 starts. I blame Jeff backus for allowing Matt Stafford to take such a vicious hit. Hopefully we can acquire a LT that can actually protect the leader of our franchise.

20. By Jon from Madison on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

You guys won that game. Keep doing what you are doing. I have never been so proud of the Lion’s D, and have not been this pleased with the Lions since Barry retired. This is where it all turns around, and I stop getting harassed for flying my Lion’s flag, in front of my house, in the heart of Packer country.

21. By BILLO313 on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

and yes… i agree with J.T. Backus should be replaced A.S.A.P. Heck, just put Jason Fox in. he cant possibly do any WORSE!!!

22. By justin hoeksema on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

hey suh great job on sunday! now i love the lions and im from michigan. you guys might not have won the game, ” i strongly believe the call was down right wrong, but you are winners here in michigan! i hope matt stafford comes back soon, offense just doesnt look the same without matt. shaun hill is good and if the defense can keep it up and play hard and physical then shaun and your defense will dominate. im a die hard fan whether you guys go 0-16 or 2-14 or 16-0 im a fan for life. oh and those eagles, they wont beat us like they did two years ago, i’ll say lions 23 eagles 16. GREAT JOB to the LIONS DEFENSE! KEEP IT UP! and you guys will win games all year. thanks: justin

23. By justin hoeksema on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

i agree backus needs to go id like to see a trade or jason fox in. good point. he’s just not that tough. and he played at michigan. he just doesnt seem like he can get his feet set to go head on with a de or dt thats why he is always getting beat. i remember lions played the redskins a few years ago, and andre carter the DE threw Backus to the ground and sacked the the QB. he’s gotta go!

24. By justin hoeksema on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

i really like jim schwartz’s attitude and reaction towards the TD catch that CJ caught and they called back, he said they are not going to let it hold them back nor use it as an excuse. keep up the good work schwartz! we got a coach with a football mind and common sense. go lions!

25. By samuel ballard on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

we are on the right track we have to start thinking superbowl YES i said it SUPERBOWL when we think it we wil be it go lions in dallas ,tx

SUPERBOWL in three years

26. By ajajajaj on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

people leave jeff backus alone….injuries happen, stafford should of gotten rid of the ball….Defensive ends are payed to tackle QB’s, just so happens stafford was owned…but hopefully shaun hill can deliever this week..

27. By yooperman on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

still no protest by the LIONS ! wow big suprise ! what a defeatist attitude ! MR.FORD keeps letting LIONS and fans get screwed , this will continue to happen until someone that’s running this organization makes a stand !

28. By Diana on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

I was impressed with the Lions defense! Ndamukong, keep up the good work. We Husker fans miss watching you play at NU. You are an awesome person both on and off the field. I know that you and Kyle Vanden Bosch will not let the Detroit fans down!

29. By TommyGage on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

The D did great, except for a couple big plays, they did real good. Chicago had great field possession basically the entire game, and our D stopped them almost everytime. i consider that a win for the D.. Unfortunatly after Hill came in the offense definitly stalled out. Not blaming Hill tho, its a team game, and the team has to have faith in the QB, if they dont, they drop balls, miss blocks, the overall performance as a whole goes downhill. So guys, get to know Shawn real good over thee next few weeks thats my advice…. I’ve been a fan basically since birth, and I’ve never been this excited about the team. Keep up the good work. Suh, just keep it up man. Go LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

30. By Michael M. Daugherty on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

Ndamukong! I am from Nebraska and you are my favorate football player of all time!! I know what you did for Huskers you will do for the Lions! :-) In the past I have been a die-hard Steeler fan; now I am a DIE-HARD Lion fan because of you! Take pride in being a part of a team that is going to the Super Bowl! I think it would be a neat thing to be on a team that will come out of the dark and become a Champion! You have to take the loss as a team (no finger pointing)We will get them next time! Improve every week as a team and you will find yourselves in the playoffs GOOD LUCK and GOD BE WITH YOU!!!!

31. By BT Yooper on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

You guys won that game!!! The NFL rules committee consists of a bunch of idiots!!! Continue playing hard, rally behind Hill & play with a “chip on your shoulder”!!! Next week after a TD have CJ hold the ball until a delay of game penalty is called!! That will “fire up” Ford Field!!! YOUR DEFENSE IS AWESOME, CAN”T WAIT TO SEE YA’S PUNISH MORE PLAYERS ON SUN. Think of Vick & Kolb as NFL rule committee officials!!! GOOOOO!!!! LIONS!!!!

32. By terry on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

i suck at computers and wouldnt know how to retrieve your response any way but i really like that nickname for ‘suh’. Are people really calling him that or did you make that up? either way”cool nickname” M M. daugherty. Big bummer about stafford but did anybody catch what he said? He said he didnt know if he would even b out this week. I was thinkn stafford was really hurt and thats why today he wasnt sayn much about the injury, but now im wondering if hes not talkn about it b cause hes not that injured(think about that). Either way the detroit lions look good to me. the players feel it,The coaches feel it, and believe it or not even with the stafford set back the fans are still feeln it! i dont know shit about this backup Q.B. but i know we have 2 many pieces put together to not have thought about our backup Q.B. Hes a veteran in the leauge, kept his job for almost a decade as back up and has all weapons he needs. GO D!

33. By Joey K on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

To the guy who said just put Fox in “he cant be much worse than backus!” YES he can. He is a rookie tackle who was not drafted high. Now you do not have to be drafted high to be a good player, but the coaches know way more than any of us to, and if they trusted Fox more than Backus, then he would start. Backus has been an iron man for us since being drafted. Does he ever miss a game. He is not the best pass blocker by any means, but he is a good run blocker and you can count on him being a starter every single Sunday.

DEFENSE: For years I have just wanted to watch a Lions D with attitude and toughness along with some speed. Our D LINE was had all of that vs the bears. And then you add the fact that DELMAS is a beast and our other DB’s played well. Also, Julian Peterson looks rejuvenated, and that can only come from the faith he has going to work everyday with this much improved Defense. VANDENBOSH is crazy too. He was lightin dudes up.

SUH: It’s kinda fun to watch a game and try to see what a D lineman is doing every play. Suh is getting double teamed like every play. mad respect being showed to him by coaches around the league and it helps out our DE’s.

GO LIONS!

Who made that call on MEGATRON’s game winner…..JIM JOYCE????

34. By Preston on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

I dont know how anyone can stick up for Backus….i watched a play in the Bears game where Peppers ran around Backus and Backus didnt even touch him! I sware it was not the sack that hurt stafford but it might been

35. By JB on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

terry, what nickname are you talking about?

36. By Justin on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

I really don’t feel like facing Mike Vick. He is just to dangerous. Our D looks good as far as getting pressure and thats what fears me. This is a game I actually don’t want to get any pressure. If Vick feels pressure he is gonna take off and we will NOT catch him. SUH I know this sounds dumb but could you try not to go after Vick. Give him all the time he wants and lets hope for a mistake as he is inaccurate. Best we can hope for. We will NOT win this game by bringing the heat on him!!!

37. By Det Steve on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

I tried to tell everyone not to believe the hype. This team is not good at all and stafford has not done anything to make us believe he will ever be good. Schwartz got badly out coached aganist the Bears and they baby Stafford and well learn the hard way AGAIN not to draft a QB with the first pick another 50 million down the drain. That hit he took from Peppers was a normal sack not even that hard and he seperated his shoulder he is made of peanut brittle it will be 3 to 4 years of this guy getting hurt until they finally relaize he will not make it in this league. I feel sorry for myself and all the other Lions Fans that we have to suffer this bad every year it took a whole half of week #1 for our season to go down the drain!!!!!

38. By Enrique Romero on Sep 14, 2010 | Reply

That was the best I have seen the Lions defense in a long time, since I was a kid. I was very proud of you guys out there!!!! Suh and Stafford I am closer to your age, so you guys are the guys I watch and get excited to watch, but the whole team looked awesome!!! I am in the Navy and luckily got stationed in North Chicago finally after bein in California and being deployed to Iraq for the past 4 years, so I am happy to say that I get to go and watch more games than before, and now I actually have a reason to!! Suh keep it up!!! Stafford I hope u get better quickly, Turn this team around and you will be written in history and will be Detroit’s quarterback for all time!!! Hill hold it down, show us that last drive more, that was strong work!!! I also wanted to say that I also think it is awesome that you guys all took the last place so well and didnt let eat at you, it sucks, I think the best quote is by some NFL coaches saying that the Ref should have used some common sense on that call, but hey, you know now, what doesnt kill you… I was at the game in the corner right in front of where Johnson caught the ball, and it was definitely hard to take all the Bears fans crap talking so please lets bring it to them when they come to our home!!! Johnson AWESOME GAME!!!! Cant wait to see you guys play this weekend!!! LIONS ARE NO LONGER A LOSING TEAM!!! Take care guys and God Bless!!! Doc Romes-Lions Fan!!!

39. By Enrique Romero on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

Oh yeah, and Vanden Bosch, you didnt get the credit that is due, STRONG WORK AND YOUR AWESOME!!!! And for everyone that didnt see Stafford get hit, I was there in the 100 seating and saw the hit, IT WAS A HARD HIT!!!! And all it takes is a hit in the right spot…

40. By jeff on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

suh, i love watching you play the game. you are a man mover for sure, and even when you dont sack the qb you are surely making him nervous. you was dominating your man and your doubles. i didnt think your sack was cheap at all, dont under rate yourself. keep up the good work, you are one of the reasons our defense is actually respectable this year. that was a cheap call by the refs and the only reason for losing that game. just keep hungry for that qb dinner at the end of every play, and you will be seeing the first lions team to make the playoffs since the late 1980’s, not to mention the hall of fame waiting for you at the end of your career. GO LIONS!!!!!!

41. By tom d. houston on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

D. SUH GREAT GAME. IT`S BEEN A LOOOOOOONG TIME SENSE WE FELT GOOD ABOUT THIS TEAM, MUCH LESS AFTER A LOSS. THE PLAY YOU MADE ON THE GOAL LINE, PUSHING THE GUARD INTO THE FULLBACK (I THINK) AND INTURN INTO THE RB – UNBELIEVABLE! LOVE YOUR INTENSITY! ALSO, VANDEN-BOSH WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD! I CAN SEE WHY COACH WAS ON HIS FRONT PORCH @ MIDNIGHT! HE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE ALL THE TIME! A “D” END WITH 10 TACKLES! I DO HAVE ISSUES WITH MEGATRON THOUGH. #1 NO TIME OUTS LEFT, HE DOESN’T GET OUT OF BOUNDS ON A DEEP OUT. #2 THEN, DOESN’T`T TUCK THE BALL AWAY IN THE END ZONE. NOW I AIN`T NO ZEN MASTER BUT – YOU KNOW HE`S BEEN TOLD 100+ TIMES WHAT TO DO. F-O-C-U-S! MAN, TRUST ME ON THIS ONE, WE ARE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REAST OF THIS SEASON! THANKS BIG FELLA! NOW I CAN WARE THIS DAGGUM LIONS JERSEY WITH T-R-U-E PRIDE!

42. By Jim on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

To Det Steve : its just that defeatist attitude that the team and real fans don’t need. If you can’t see the big changes in this teem and see the potential Stafford has then maybe you should go back to being an eagles fan because that is just the kind of finger pointing and nay saying attitude they have . I for one believe this year is going to be another big stepping stone forward for the Lions and although we may not be talking superbowl yet, with continued support for this staff , coaches and players its coming GOOOO lions.

43. By Paul on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

Suh you guys rocked last weekend! I agree with every one else best Lions D in for ever keep up the great work ! Your fans do appreciate you!

44. By Mike d from tenn. on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

I would start off by saying the defense looked much improved! Suh looked good in his first game. I knew vandenbosch would definetly help us. The offense looked good at times but stafford going down is a big set back! On a good note jahvid best showed a lot in that game. If stafford comes back strong look out nfl ! The lions will be a force to deal with for years to come! Keep getting better! Lions 4 life!

45. By MIke on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

Suh; first let me say great job Sunday. The D looked pretty solid at times and I agree that the goal line stance was pretty incredible. Though I have no idea if you ever read these remarks, if so it would be interesting to have you blog a response regarding the following question.

Does our D ever give input to our O-Line in regard to what the other team has done right? For instance, we could not run the ball on offense Sunday even though the Bears had only 7 in the box. This would indicate to me tht the Bears were doing something very right to contain us. So in your after action review (or at halftime would have been even better) does our Defense give advice or input as to what the Bears were/are doing right that is shutting us down so effectively? If not, I would think that they should as this is an entire team effort to win the game and I feel that as professional defensive linemen that your input to the offense would be very valuable!

Keep kicking butt out there as you (and the whole D line) are a lot of fun to watch and cheer for!!

46. By Daniel on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

WTB better game plan, runs and dumps only killed Best. Lets try stretching the field with our WR’s then the run WILL WORK.

47. By Daniel on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

All these “WEAPONS” we have work really well last game…….. I think nate got 1 ball and CJ only got them when the game was on the line at the end of the game. Best run…Dump to best….run best…dumpo to best anyone else see the bad play calling last week.

48. By Don on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

Hey, Detroit LIONS!
    That was a great Game and a great Win!
    You men came thru all the way and Played Like winners!
    I am NOT trying to be an SA. I mean what I am saying.
    That was GREAT PLAY by Our D- Fence! I am very proud of the game that you guy’s played. Front Four and Back Seven.
    On the offensive side of the Ball The Line Played a Great Game also!
    I know there was the One Bad play and I know that Mathew got Hurt BUT, Matt will get Better and be back and Leading the TEAM again.
    for Now we will be going With Hill I believe and he is a very good QB and very much capable of Leading this team to Wins!
    I am sorry about the way that this League Treats this TEAM. Even though the RULE may be on the Books and the fact that they Never use the Rule except in this case with this TEAM in order to allow the Bears have the win.
    I Really hope that in the next Game that you guy’s get a hold on that Little squirl Cuttler. Maybe he is the reason that they would’nt give us the win?
    they probably could’nt take all the Crying and whinning that the Little baby would have been doing after a lose.
    Anyways, This TEAM played a GREAT GAME And I am proud of all of you.
    Hopefully the League won’t steal anymore games from us.
    Here is the Deal. WE have to go out and beat the other TEAMS so Bad that there is NO way that they can do that to us again.
    We have to get so Far ahaead in points that the other TEAM has No way of Catching up. WE CAN DO THAT!
    I wish that there could be something that could be done to stop this kind of thing from happening.
    But if you try to pretend that it did’nt happen, or that the League was well within thier rights. Then they will for sure continue to do it again and again.
    Sorry, But Nothing can be done.
    I am just wondering How much you players really feel like playing your next Game, and if you Really feel like even trying?
    And I hope that the Hat that Avril is wearing, The chicago bears HAT is just a little Prank.
    I hope that you all still want to be LIONS even though it Might be a little harder to get a win around here than on other TEAMS.
    I hope that somehow you can keep your spirits up.
    And find a way to beat this League.
    GO LIONS!

49. By danny on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

Much improved D, especially against the run. Despite getting some hits on Cutler, he still had too much time on alot of other plays. Should be interesting to see Vick against us, since containment on the QB has been an issue since pre-season. I hope Gunther develops a good game-plan. Maybe be aggressive with Delmas and use him a bit as a QB spy. Need to be real careful with Desean though. He can win this game by himself. I love Suhs confidence. It sounds like hes guaranteeing a win. Go Lions!

50. By Lionssuck on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

The next game Suh needs to play twice as hard and push the offensive line back.He needs to show more leadership on the team by showing Philadelphia who thew man is!

51. By LeoBoiler on Sep 15, 2010 | Reply

Great game, lot of fun to watch. The 2nd half was like the Clash of the Titans. Both defenses played great, looks like it will be hard to run on Chicago this year again, and against us. For the first game together as a secondary thought you guys did great, the chemistry will keep improving. Will be fun watching the team grow this year. Thanks for the super effort and restoring the roar. Don’t listen to the downers out there and the blame gamers, they have nothing better to do.

52. By chris on Sep 16, 2010 | Reply

calvin great catch….it was a td everyone knows it change the dumbass rule
    defense….good we all are proud to have suh thanks vandenbosch and the d for keepin us in it

53. By chris on Sep 16, 2010 | Reply

suh. best pick that i can remember……ever…maybe barry …but thats it

54. By Phil on Sep 16, 2010 | Reply

I love your attitude. Truly, I have been waiting to see the Lion’s defense play like they played last week for a loooonnnggg time. I was completely impressed. Vanden-Bosch, Suh, Hill… you guys really blue me away; I absolutely loved watching you work. Tough loss, let’s move on and get the W!
    -PROUD Lion’s fan

55. By Phil on Sep 17, 2010 | Reply

Go Lions! Rooting for ya from FL. Suh, you better take care of Vick! Don’t let him fake you out. Hit him in the numbers, don’t look at his eyes. Hill, all you have to do is lob it up for Calvin, he’ll catch 25 passes on 30 attempts! Jahvid, Run like the wind man…Hill needs the help. This game is for pride for alot of people, just not the players.

56. By jalen brightwell on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

if the lions trow the ball up to jonhson than we can win every game an get dre bly back.

57. By Bob on Sep 19, 2010 | Reply

SuhZI!!!!! And, I know; “taking care of business” is the nicest way of putting it. I love seeing you and Vanerbosh tear at the quarterbacks….more..more…until the league actually fears playing the Lions.

58. By Tom on Sep 19, 2010 | Reply

I have been a Lion fan for over 30 years and now, finally, love watching the defense play! That goal line stand was amazing!

I’m confused that we blitzed like crazy during the pre-season with success but hardly blitzed against the Bears. Anywayz –

Hey Defense – When you guys do another great stop (and you will do many this year) how about all of you in unison running over to the offense and saying – “Lets not play to not lose, lets play to win!!”

Good Luck

Lion fan for life

59. By Doug on Sep 27, 2010 | Reply

A new Lions fans. Go SUH.

60. By Jacky Humphrey on Sep 28, 2010 | Reply

I been watching the NFL for along time now and its time for our Lions to catch up with the rest of the League. I have a playbook that will absolutly take the defense by storm. No one has ever seen it or practiced against it why not take a 2 minute chance and check me out. My playbook is so tight that I had to stop playing John Madden Football because I didnt want any one to run this except the Lions hit me back

61. By Jacky Humphrey on Sep 28, 2010 | Reply

1 million reasons why we cant win 1 game. That has been the Lions Legacy, We need to make less mistkes no penaltys we need to execute, play hard, its the Refs, injuries, talent, coaches, the Staff, Everyone in the League can use those excuses; But every week other teams still find away to when. Let my playbook help and my play calling its new its fresh and it will be free for one game. if I cant do what I say I can do in one game keep the playbook and continue doing what ever it is that you were doing. Get back with me

62. By curtis lee on Oct 17, 2010 | Reply

Today u guys play the GI-ANTS, that’s right I said it the GI-ANTS, U must smush them like thier ants because u guys r the lions and nobody is talking about your front four u must stop Eli and those running backs.
    Remember u r the king of the jungle (football field).

63. By Bob Hoke on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Suh,

Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope you get this message. I am a military service member. I have been serving for 21 years. I am a special forces team member (green beret). I tell this to you so you have a perspective if need be on what I am saying and where I am saying it from.
    I grew up in Michigan for 18 years. I have been here since. My dad is a die hard lions fans so I watched them with him to build a bridge. I do not want to break that bridge so I still watch even though I do not speak with my father any more.
    I watched a portion of your interview after your teams win over Miami. While understanding that football is a business and you are part of that business I would like to comment on an observation I made about your comments. This is coming from a man who understands battle and excellence. I have been in battle (war) and I know the mentality it takes to achieve what needs to be done. I want to let you know that if you were ever on my team and told me that you had to “turn it up” you would never be on my team again. I would tell you to pack your bags. If you play on this team you play full tilt all the time. That is until I call for exfiltration after I have accountability or for your sake until the season is over. Perhaps you will go to the pro-bowl. You seem to be a smart kid. I hope you do not let the limelight cloud your self respect. When you do that, you will start to no longer exist. Like I said I hope you get this message.

Bob