Lions Sell Out Home Opener

Posted by Tara Altman on September 17, 2010 – 11:56 am

Lions team President Tom Lewand announced earlier today that this Sunday’s home opener against the Philadelphia Eagles has sold out.

Lewand: “We have sold out, the blackout will be lifted. The Eagles returned some tickets last night, so we still have tickets available for sale, I’m not sure about the exact amount, but there are still tickets available.”

Lewand expressed his gratitude toward the die-hard Detroit fans who have continued to support the organization.

Lewand: “We couldn’t be more excited. This is the fans supporting us and we, in turn, expect to put a good product out there Sunday and make it a great atmosphere. They’re doing their part by supporting us and we’re going to do our part by playing a great game on Sunday.”

Furthermore, Lewand stated that the Detroit Lions and Ford Field continue to make improvements on the overall fan game day experience.

Lewand: “Whether it’s all-you-can-eat seats, whether it’s things we’re doing on the video boards differently this year, or entertainment. A lot of those things are important and we can never lose sight of that fact. The core of what we do is that football game. That’s what people want to come out and support. That’s the message that we’re receiving from our fans and that we’re very grateful to receive from our fans this weekend, by the support that they’ve shown us by getting the stadium sold out for Sunday.”

For more information, click here.

9 Responses to “Lions Sell Out Home Opener”

1. By Michael M. Daugherty on Sep 17, 2010 | Reply

The Lion fans and the team is ready for one hell of a GREAT SEASON!!! GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. By Jordan on Sep 17, 2010 | Reply

i wish my boy stafford was playing but i know hill can get the job done i will be there in person lets go!

3. By Gin Darras on Sep 17, 2010 | Reply

I have been a Lions die hard fan since I was a teen, (70′s).I am so happy they are getting the support they deserve. If I lived closer I would definately be a part of that lucky crowd. I hope some day they will play a team closer to New Mexico. Go Get them Lions!

4. By dan ellis on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

why isnt drew stanton starting, doesnt have what it takes or you think hill is better man for the job?

5. By Michael M. Daugherty on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

I have never been to a pro football game before and it doesn’t look like I will ever see the Lions play in person,being from Nebraska I can’t afford it.I will see my Lions on T.V. GO LIONS!!!!

6. By danny payne on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

lets do what we need to do to win games and get out of thsi weekend with a win boys!!!!!!

7. By Maria Cajam on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

I am sooo sad my Staffy isn’t playing!!!! But we will still rock the game!

8. By Seth on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

about tye hill an All-American selection in 2005 and also a First-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference palyer drafted my the rams (15th overall an had 50 tackles and three interceptions in hes first year bring him in even as a back

9. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Gonna be a WHOLE LOT of sellouts for the next few years!