Suh up for Pepsi’s NFL Rookie of the Week, Stafford for GMC and FedEx Air

Posted by Tara Altman on November 2, 2010 – 12:07 pm

Both rookie DT Ndamukong Suh and QB Matthew Stafford are nominated for their Week 8 performances in the Lions’ 37-25 win over the Washington Redskins.

Suh is up for Pepsi’s NFL Rookie of the Week for the third time after posting 2.0 sacks for 17 yards, a 17-yard fumble return for a touchdown and 5 tackles against the Redskins.

Stafford had a strong performance in his first game back after missing the previous five with a shoulder injury suffered in the second quarter of the Lions’ season opener at Chicago (9/12).

Up for both the GMC Never Say Never Moment, as well as the FedEx Air Player of the Week, Stafford finished completing 26-of-45 passes for 212 yards, 4 touchdowns and 1 interception.

Vote for Suh and Stafford at NFL.com!.

Tags: ,

26 Responses to “Suh up for Pepsi’s NFL Rookie of the Week, Stafford for GMC and FedEx Air”

1. By Ken Shook on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

Go Lions!

2. By Demetris Hogan on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

My family was there, it was AWESOME! My son is a huge fan , we drove from Chicago and it was worth it!

3. By paul hull on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

Paul Steven Hull Get ready , Detroit Lions are coming , and they are hunting quarteracks, after the beating green bay gave the jets , Suh is out to ruin more careers , the Lions are coming, the Lions are coming , better go hide Sanchez now
    2 minutes ago · Comment · UnlikeLike

4. By ChristopherWayne on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

just one of many weeks that we will have guys on each of these lists!

5. By DanyoInDaLionsDen on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

WE ARE BACK! LIONS ROAR!!!!!!!!!!

6. By Mike on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

LOL…we are playing better, but keep in mind it’s the redskins. I do like the way we are playing. That D line is NUTZ and Levy helped in the LB group. I would have liked to see Pettigrew and Scheffler involved more, but I LOVE that we are throwing deep to Calvin. Even if it’s incomplete, it still stretches the defense and opens things up for everyone else. The coaches have the players playing hard and that makes it easier for Lions fans to buy tickets. Just bought mine today. Coming in from IL to watch us go Bear hunting in December!!!!

7. By danny on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

Theres still plenty of dis-respect out there for the Lions, but you cant deny how far weve come in 2 years, or even just 1 for that matter. Although we lost both games, we still had Chicago and GreenBay fans booing their own teams in their houses. And lost in the Skins game with all of the McNabb talk, is the fact that we flat out beat them when it counted. Some say were still nothing special because of our record, but the bottom-line is, nobody WANTS to play the Lions now. That wasnt the case just last year.

8. By lionsfan82 on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

Just got my ticket for thanksgiving hopefully we win till then and are sitting at .500 I’d sure like my drive up from NC be to watch us finally go over .500

9. By Dom on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

The game was very exciting and refreshing however, I felt the Offensive Play calling was so predictable even my 12 year old was citing what we were going to do next.

10. By Cody on Nov 2, 2010 | Reply

Stafford knows to get the ball to CJ, even if it’s just a lob ball. Never understood why Hill didn’t throw to CJ more. Stafford has to throw to him at least 10 times a game. We have fumblin Nate and butterfingers Pettigrew and they need to step up.

11. By J.T. on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

If you watch highlights of the game, no one is talking about how our defense beat the crap out of McNabb and how Stafford and CJ were the the best duo of the week, everyone only cares about the benching of McNabb. fUCK espn and fuck NFL network, let them keep blowing off the Lions. On Sunday, if this team comes to play, we can be damn good

12. By Patrick on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

I heard that J.T. , I have been a fan all my life, and alot of disappointments, but this team is coming around. And I truly believe as long a matthew can stay healthy, he will be in the league of the peyton mannings and brett favres (before his first retirement, lol) and this team is going to be talked about alot in the future, and not the bad way. GO LIONS, RESTORE THE ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. By AJ on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A LION

14. By Dan on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

You are right! It feels good to be a Lions fan. If the Lions keep getting wins, the NFL network and the rest of the sports world will come around. They are already talking about Matt Stafford, Nadomakan Suh and, of course, Megatron! Charles Davis on NFL Total Access said that the Lions are a team on the rise. The last “good year” they had was ’92, when they beat Dallas in a playoff game. That was a great feeling AND that feeling is coming back! GO LIONS!

15. By joey on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Bring in shawne merriman. To help out the defense pick him up off waivers. Great talent to add to the improving and talented lions team

16. By bronx13 on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Dan, you got the whole charles davis thing right! Charles Davis is hands down the best MAN on the nfl network!!! J.T. feel the same as you about the pre-game shows and post game shows they don’t give the LIONS any respect! McNabb would not have made a difference in the out come of the game, the D-line kick ass all-day from play one, and that’ why the redskins loss, nice job from kevin smith also! senior sanchez this week! this is going to be a Great GAME! if Stafford can keep his cool the lions are in for SURE!

17. By LIONNUTS on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Been a Lions fan all my life as well. I love it when those jack wagons on ESPN and NFL network get egg on there face. They dis us every week. We must kill the Jets. But I know they will still doubt us. This is a crazy year with all the 2-5 teams out there they still talk smack about us. GO LIONS!

18. By Craig on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Wished they would have left Donovan in……Then they would be talking about the Lions hitting him , Sacking him, and and forcing a fumble that SUH returns for a TD! Our line was going to F up whoever was in there!

19. By Craig on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

By the way….Avril and Vandenbosch deserve most of the cred….Both are beasts in my book!

20. By Craig on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

Sammie Lee Hill could be the best DT in the league coming off the bench! Can anyone say “Stillman”? Where the F is that

21. By Craig on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

The point is……Shwartz and Mayhew ROCK, and their eye for talent is unbelievable!!!! I support them all the way! GO LIONS

22. By detriot on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

NOW THIS IS GREAT I LOVE ALL THE POSITIVE TALK. I DONT LIVE IN DET ANYMORE MOVED TO FLA A LONG TIME AGO. BUT HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A LION FAN. IT IS GREAT TO SEE FANS FINALLY SEE. I KNEW WHEN WE HIRED JIM THAT IT WAS THE RIGHT MOVE. THESE GUYS ARE MAKING IT HAPPEN. THEY WILL FILL THE HALLS OF FORD FIELD WITH HOF PLAYERS.. THE JETS OFFENSIVE LINE IS NOT MUCH BETTER THAN WASHINGTON’S.WE WILL PREVAIL THIS SUNDAY. CAOCH I’M SURE HAS A AWESOME GAME PLAN. AND THE GUYS ARE COMING AROUND TO HIS METHOD OF MADNESS. I WILL BE IN DALLAS FOF THE GAME ON THE 21ST. WE WILL BE PLAYING FOR THAT 5-5 RECORD……

23. By harry on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

no m an m in this lions team all i have to say is look out for the lions we are not the same old lions anymore so watch out the jets are going to get suhed

24. By harry on Nov 3, 2010 | Reply

they better have good lawyers there going to get suhed bad go lions go suh

25. By RRD on Nov 4, 2010 | Reply

Glad to see the Lion’s get a little love for the first time in years. I like the way this team is taking shape, they may still be a few players away from something good but I think they will take a big step and will beat the Jets this Sunday.

26. By Michael M Daugherty on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Put Suh in different places on the line! this will confuse Jet’s off. line! Make the Jets account for Suh on every down!! Do this and the Jets are history!!