Hanson Placed in Injured/Reserve

Posted by Tara Altman on December 2, 2010 – 11:37 am

The Lions announced today that they have placed 19-year veteran K Jason Hanson on injured/reserve.

Hanson suffered a knee injury against the New York Jets (11/7) and was inactive for the past three games.

Over the span of his career in Detroit, Hanson has become the Lions’ all-time scoring leader with 1,890 points as well as the all-time leader in field goals (439) and extra points (573).

For more information on Hanson, please click here for his full bio.

13 Responses to “Hanson Placed in Injured/Reserve”

1. By Jonas Turner on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

I love Hanson!! Best kicker ever imo. I can’t wait till he is back in the game next year. I can always trust Hanson to get the job done.

2. By Cassandra on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

That sucks :(
    Hanson…can’t wait for you to come back buddy!!!!!

3. By Steven Houghtaling on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

To the Greatest Kicker the Lions & the NFL ever had Jason Hanson. You always conducted yourself with Lion Pride & Class. Thank you for all your contributions on & off the field and being the 1 constant of the Lions. I hope you get well soon & I hope to see you on the field agian in 2011

4. By Mike on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

The most under-rated kicker in the NFL, he will be missed. Rest and recover, you’ve earned it after 19 years of flawless performance. In my eyes, you are the best kicker in the game, and the Lions need your consistency, your leadership. Thank you for all the years you’ve given us, may there be 19 more in your future.

5. By John M. on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

Jason Hanson is the man, look at his stats, truly Mr Automatic. Please get well soon, the team needs you out there.

6. By Neil jones on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

theres a reason why Hanson is the top scoring lion ever. hes really good at what he does. come on man, get better, tired of seeing Raynor miss shots you can do in your sleep.

7. By paul b. on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

To Jason Hanson I /we all wish you well and, please get well soon you are truely the best Kicker the lions have had and the way things go for this team has had in awhile. I wish Barry Sanders would have stayed with the team longer but maybe he was the smart one. I hope that cj and shu and the rest do not jump the ship. I know the ref’s have done all they could/can to help hold the team back. But, keep the faith! Hurry back! And the Way I look AT IT OR SAY it I DO NOT CARE IF THE LIONS ONLY WIN TO GAMES A YEAR AS LNG AS IT AGAISNT THE PACKERS” LOL. I am from the UPPER PENN OF MICHIGAN.

8. By Jordan on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

damn that sucks hanson i hope you get back all lions need to get healthy postseason next year guys stafford hit the gym hard!

9. By HAMMER on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Best wishes from Montana my friend! Praying for a healthy return to the field….Merry Christmas to you and family!!!

10. By AJ on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

hanson you need to be the first kicker with a monumental statue bigger than the statue of liberty. lol. I’ll start on the blue prints and take the idea to city hall my self.

11. By Ralph on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

Can’t wait for Jason to come back, he’s been one of our best kickers we got in the NFL

12. By PIppen on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

The Detroit Lions have had 2 placekickers spanning 35 years. One thing Detroit football fans can rely on. Think of the lean years (all 19 of them) and how much worse they would have been without knowing that a 45 yarder is near automatic.

13. By Robin Mosher on Jan 3, 2011 | Reply

I have admired you for many years Jason, and hope you’ll be back on the field next season!