Stanton to Start at Tampa Bay

Posted by Tara Altman on December 19, 2010 – 12:50 pm

QB Drew Stanton will get his fourth career start today against the Buccaneers. LB Bobby Carpenter will start at outside linebacker in place of LB Landon Johnson.

Inactives for today’s game include:

• 3rd QB Zac Robinson
  • QB Matthew Stafford
  • RB Aaron Brown
  • LB Vinny Ciurciu
  • LB Landon Johnson
  • T Tony Ugoh
  • G Donald Thomas
  • DE Willie Young

See full starting line-ups from both teams

23 Responses to “Stanton to Start at Tampa Bay”

1. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

I was just reading the bio of Terry Bradshaw. He had a rocky start to his career too with a lot of interceptions and other struggles. In the end he is thought of as among the best and has four super bowl wins. We can’t give up on Matt or Drew. I think both have great potential. The GM is smart, the coaching staff is learning. I am optomistic.

2. By Steve K on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!! :)

3. By USEDTOLOSIN on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Rocky, gotta give it to ya. You called for Stanton and it was definitely the right call. after last week I had my doubts. Good to see the refs reverse that intentional grounding call on Stanton. Great job to the boys in the Motor City! Well done!!! Let’s go for three in row next week.

4. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Well, this screws our first round draft choice.

Ha, Just kidding. If this keeps up we will have to call the LIons the cardiac kids.

5. By Steve K on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

All three major monkies off our backs in 2 weeks !

BELIEVE !!!!! :)

6. By Ronald on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

I believe Stanton has what it takes to win games he played well in this game but we can’t leave out mo

7. By lionsfan 91' on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

It was glorious, o.t and a 3rd string Q.b.THE MISERY IS OVER!! Its time for a new streak and it starts in Miami with 3 straight wins. As Micheal Buffer would say” IT’S TIME”

8. By Darr247 on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

It will be nice to have 3 QBs that can get the job done next season, but unless the Lions continue building the O line, what will they do the other 15 games? With the conversion to an 18-game regular season, having depth on the O line is going to become more and more important to the longevity of QBs.

9. By andre on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Give Drew Stanton & Chris Houston long term contracts

10. By Don on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

That was a game to be proud of!
    And this is becoming a TEAM to be Proud of!
    IT is SOOOOO awesome to See OUR MAV Calvin Johnson With that Great Big Smile on his Face! I hope that we continue to see smiles on ALL of the Faces of the Players on this TEAM!
    This TEAM Played great, The way that we all Know and Knew that they could!
    And Have, and Playing the Game ALL the way to the END!
    I hope that our GM realizes what we have here in QBs and Makes SURE that we Keep ALL Three Of our QB’s. Get them ALL signed and Keep them ALL together and They will Find a way to get us ALL of the way!
    It is SO Great to see this TEAM comming together and winning meaningful Games. Lets go winthe rest of them.
    I don’t want to Hear ANY talk about Losing Draft Picks!
    It is Time to Know exactly what this TEAM can DO! And see it Grow from HERE!
    WE have a Lot of Winners on this TEAM!
    I for one want to know exactly where this TEAM Stands and exactly what this TEAM really Needs! Because we have a ton ALLREADY RIGHT NOW!
    Win, Win, Win, And then See what we Need from THAT Point!
    Wherever we are, That is the Draft pick that we should be at.
    Great GAME! Lets go get another one!

11. By Don on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

OH, I know that I have been harsh on the Media in this City.
    However, I do have to Say, That When this TEAM startes Putting Wins in the Wins Colomn, The Media in this Cty Will shower This TEAM with praise.
    There will Allways be a few that want to Hang onto the PAST, but if this TEAM continues to Win then the Media I believe Will for the Most Part, Give them the Credit that this TEAM has earned.
    GO LIONS!

12. By Don on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Call Me crazy if you want, and we all know that I am at least a litlle crazy! (:
    But, I have Know idea why this TEAM would actually be looking for another RB when we have Mo Morris?
    As Long as this TEAM can open up some holes MO Will get the Job done.
    I believe that we have enough talent at the RB position.Mo Morris, Javid Best.Kevin Smith, Aaron Brown are ALL fast runners with the Speed to get the Job done.
    I realize that Kevin Smith is’nt the Fastest RB, and I believe that using him as the Slot Reciever Is the Better job for Kevin to cover.
    Aaron Brown can also be used in the slot, And he is Very Fast.
    Mo, Can Power thru The Hole enough to get it done.
    And Javid we all know can take it to the House when he is healthy.
    Going up the Middle is Not this TEAMs Best Option, and has proved that time and time again. Because we Dont usually Open enough holes.
    However when we do open it up Mo usually answers!
    If this Line get’s to opening up the holes on a regular Basis we have the RB to get the Job done.
    Calvin, Man dude that was some great work Man! You were really on your game in this game!(:
    LIONS!

13. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I pray to the great football god that we do not go to 18 games.

We need to beef up the corner backs too. Call me crazy, I think the OL is doing a great job. Three years ago Kitna won a lot of games but got beat to crap by the rush.

14. By blakhornets football on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

I hope that pesty lions defense starts breaking some QBs fkn legs. Go Lions, Get Nasty Man….

15. By paul b. on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Just another great win team!!! Keep up the good work. See good things well happen as long as you guys work as a team. All of ya staff and players alike!
    Now go get number 3 in a row. Make show them this is a start not the end. Happy to see all of ya smileing man! Keep it going….

16. By paul b. on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Now go get number 3 in a row. Now go show them this is a start not the end. Happy to see all of ya smileing man! Keep it going….

17. By DETROIT on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

MAN THIS IS NICE, LOOK AT ALL THIS POSITIVE TALK. MAN GREAT DAY TO BE A LIONS FAN. WAS AT THE GAME. GOT TO SHOUT OUT TO THE BOYS FROM STERLING HIEGHTS, FROM YOUR BOY DETROIT… WAS GREAT MEETING YOU GUYS AND PARTYING AND OF COURSE COMADEERING THE BUCS FIRE TRUCK I WONDER IF WE WILL END UP ON YOU-TUBE.

18. By Bill Mi on Dec 21, 2010 | Reply

The monkey is dead (and hopefully buried deep)…next year we need to work on the O-line..linebackers..and defensive end positions..please no lock out!!! NFL…the Lions are moving up !!!!!!

19. By terry putman on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Can’t say enough about my beloved lions! Drew u r the man and way to take “CONTROL” of ur offense! Calvin u r a beast! I’m guessin u start each mornin with a bowl of nails! Ur catches r insane! I have a good feeling about these last two wins, I mean games lol! We are Superbowl bound boys and no one deserves it more! GOLIONS!

20. By Bill Brooks on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

The media is hinting that Hill will start against Miami, what are those coaches thinking with Drew at the helm the team has looked great. They beat two playoff contenders, have a two game winning streak what in the world are these coaches looking for? Just as I was begining to believe they are on their way these coaches consider putting Hill in contrl again, why? Drew Stanton has proved himself and should remain the starter and should be allowed to grow. He has even proven himself enough that the Lions coaches should strongly consider starting him before Stafford, at least he can play more than two games a season, Stafford would be a good second man, he might stay healthy a whole season. Stanton shows some real promise, if the coaches can’t see that the fans can !

21. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

In spite of all Drew has done, Hill will start Sunday.

22. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I agree Bill Brooks. Drew is physically bigger than Hill and Matt. Not that that is the final part of making a QB but he is strong and bounces back and has made some accurate passes the last two outing. Some that were incomplete were in an out of the hands of receivers; not Drew’s fault. I just don’t understand the coaches decisions. You would think they know best being football professionals. Why they are choosing Hill over Drew is a mystery. Other than the non throwing shoulder injury to Drew. But drew can run better than any of them. I don’t know. He did well last week with a shoulder separation. What is with all these concussions and shoulder separations anyway?

23. By lady pirate on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

Good Win guys keep it up