Johnson from the Pro Bowl: “It’s an All-Star line-up”

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on January 26, 2011 – 11:04 pm

“It’s been great being in Hawaii so far. The weather here is great and everything is so green. The sun is always out, unlike Detroit. The people here are great. They’re huge fans and they treat us like their own.

“We had our first practice today and there’s a luau tonight. I’ll be tired early because of the time change – I’ll be ready to go to bed. But I’ll probably go to luau for a little bit and have a good time.

“The other guys in my group are Larry FitzGerald, Roddy White and DeSean Jackson. I know all of them – I’ve run across all of them off the field at one time or another at endorsements or other events like that. Everybody’s pretty cool.

“We just talk about football, what we learn from our coaches, things like that. We share our techniques. There’s some guys on the team I hadn’t run across before, but I met everybody today – it’s been nice to meet those guys.

“The quarterbacks are Drew (Brees), Vick and Matt (Ryan). I talked with all of them – I talked with Matt for a little while earlier. I didn’t talk with Vick too much, but I’ll talk to him eventually. So I got familiar with those guys and having them all throw to me was cool, too.

“It’s an all-star line-up. It’s sweet to be there and be teammates with those guys. They’re good guys, too – good guys to talk to. Everybody’s real cool.”

Posted in Calvin Johnson Blog | 19 Comments »

19 Responses to “Johnson from the Pro Bowl: “It’s an All-Star line-up””

1. By Bee on Jan 26, 2011 | Reply

Congratulations! You deserve it. Keep up the good work. Take care of yourself. Enjoy Hawaii. Put up the big numbers in the game and have fun.

2. By michelle on Jan 26, 2011 | Reply

This type of description from a Lions player being at the Pro Bowl and all the things we as fans never thing of is so very awesome! I hope you keep the updates up! Go Lions!!! And I hope CJ that you have a fantastic time with this opportunity! Keep the updates coming!!

3. By Lion Mike on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Really happy for Calvin. I love it in Hawaii and got island fever when he was talking about the weather and scenery. I hope he recruits a few players to come help the Lions to the next level. Hopefully he lets them all know he was joking about leaving the Lions ;-)

4. By buczko on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

please stay with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. By james on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Calvin I’m a huge fan of you and the lions I was at the nfc and afc practice at kapolei today me and my family were wearing calvin jerseys please sign for the fans tomorrow. We know ur busy but we love the lions and calvin johnson

6. By Neil jones on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Calvin, i agree with buczko. youve been with us for awhile and the team is finally falling in line, you and suh and stafford and all the rest of the team are making huge strides in your careers. stay with us all please. give us a hell of a career you future hall of famer

7. By LIlo on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Huge fan of yours and just want to let you know that you’ll kick some booty out there on Sunday.

8. By Billy on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

i like Detroit weather

9. By Jesse Schauer on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Calvin, with the numbers you put up year in and year out, pro bowl numbers like the rest of the guys around you in hawaii is great, but the fact that youve done those numbers with countless quarterbacks throwing you the ball, instead of one solid qb like the rest of these guys its shocking. Because of that simple fact right there you are without a doubt thee best wide reciever in football today. YOu truly are megatron, and its going to take optimus prime and the whole gane to stop detroit from keeping you for life, you are the best and there is no doubt in my mind detroit will compensate for that and give you what you deserve… go lions… go JOHNSON… got my pro bowl jersey ready for the big game… show them the roar

10. By Jonjay25 on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

do your thing and keep up proud you should be called “The Franchise”

11. By Old Boy on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Stay with the Lions and prove Al Davis wrong D:<

12. By Steve K on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Enjoy the time there Calvin , you deserve it :)

13. By AllLionsBaby! on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

I been a Lions fan since I could walk; my dad pounding Lions football into my head every season. Then it was fine lots of playoff berths and nfc championship. I have new hope for this next season. DUDE CJ please re-sign :)

14. By AllLionsBaby! on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

And GOOO LIONS!

15. By matt on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

you the man “megatron” . congrats and hang in there for a few more seasons and lions will be contenders>

16. By Andrew Davis on Jan 27, 2011 | Reply

Calvin, You know exactly what you need to do out there. When you score another sweet touchdown, I would like if you would point at the front of your jersey, point out that it says Lions, outline your number and point to the name on the back. Because you’re the best. You represent Detroit better than anyone else. I can’t wait for next season and watch you put that patch on your jersey that says “Superbowl 46.” If you did that, you would be a god in Detroit, regardless if you made it to the pro-bowl or not. Represent for the real Big D this week!

17. By Dan Shook on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

We are so close to a playoff run and possibly and superbowl in a couple years if Stafford can stay healthy I see a Rice Montana connection with Matthew and CJ we need Megatron…….BAD

18. By Paul on Jan 28, 2011 | Reply

Congrats to calvin and his first year at the pro bowl. Well deserved!! I hope he does recruit some players to come to Detroit. But I think other players will recuit him. And my guess is hes not to happy in Detroit and will leave after next year. That will be sad.

19. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Calvin is THE GREATEST!!!!