Coaches Gearing up for Next Week’s Combine

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on February 17, 2011 – 2:20 pm

Detroit Lions coaches and scouting personnel are currently working diligently in preparation for next week’s NFL Scouting Combine – the next step in the draft evaluation process.

One benefit the group has this year is two offseasons with Head Coach Jim Schwartz already in the books.

Schwartz: “I think the scouts have had a couple years to see the schemes that we play, to see which players are successful in those schemes and to see where some players that haven’t been successful have gone wrong.“

That is one of the many advantages to having continuity with the head coach and both coordinators.

Schwartz: “I think it was well documented last year that it was the first year we had the head coach and both coordinators back for something like a decade. When that happens, it’s easier for the scouts to do their job.

“They know what we do on defense rather than trying to hit a moving target. They know who has done well in the system and the reasons for that. “

There has also been a refinement process with the way General Manager Martin Mayhew works with the coaching staff.

Schwartz says Mayhew is particularly good at laying out draft scenarios prior to the selection process, posing potential trades and other moves to help the group get a good idea of what Detroit would do in each situation.

This will be even more important since the possibilities are far greater considering Detroit is carrying the 13th-overall pick instead of the second.

Schwartz: “The plan is just to keep improving the team and not to say, ‘Well, we have to get an offensive lineman; a quarterback; a defensive lineman.’ If your objective is narrower than improving the team – such as targeting a particular position – sometimes you can lose the forest through the trees.”

Tags: ,

88 Responses to “Coaches Gearing up for Next Week’s Combine”

1. By Danny on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

I think all Lions fans can agree that we can finally go into drafts confident we’ll come out a better team, for a change. Good job Mayhew, and keep it up.

2. By Robbie on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

It is nice to see improvement from year inr to year two with this regime. They have a plan and are stinking with it.

3. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

I am encouraged. And yet concerned about Matt. He has to be toughened up.

4. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

In addition Drew needs a chance to develop. He has the toughness needed in an NFL QB If Matt can’t take a hit Drew might be our guy for the future.

5. By Warren on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

I’m just glad to see that administration is getting away from the “hail mary” drafting and trying to build a team we can be excited and proud of for years… BTW when is the shop gonna offer a Felton Jersey :)

6. By Jordan on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

matt will be fine keep it up lions

7. By john scovie on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

Don’t get freeekin greedy. Upside is important but the long list of candidates with huge “upsides” also called “gambles” that are flat-out busts, is endless.

Take best available talent which will always be worth something even if only as trade bait.

8. By john scovie on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

Just look at Roy Williams………..

9. By john on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

Well, although we’re feeling good about ourselves after the winning streak, we definitely need to improve to be competitive: above all, we need a big, fast linebacker; a big, fast running back and wide receiver; and at least a little help on both the offensive (a back-up center/guard?) and defensive lines (a real pass rusher) and, yes, I agree with the ghost of the great Bobby Layne: we need to give Drew Stanton a bigger opportunity. He may be the future.

10. By TMN on Feb 17, 2011 | Reply

I can’t believe you don’t think we have a fast running back! Look what javid best did as a rookie!!! With turf toe !!! The lions have made great improvements !!! They will make more. Coach Schwartz has done a great job with his staff and I and all my other lions buddies belive!!!! May thats what we as fans need to do instead of being negative. I do agree they need to fill some spots but i have confidence they will get it right. Staff is going to be one of the elite qbs hands down. As far as being injured the first couple seasons look at aaron rogers the super bowl mvp. I also have to remark on the d line the shut down the packers the whole d did to begin the four game winning streak that almost knocked the pack out of the playoffs. I BELIEVE AND SO SHOULD ALL LIONS FANS!!!!!! HEAR THE ROAR!!!! LETS BRING BACK ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

11. By TMN on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

Drew hasn’t shown that kinda of play where he could be a starter. Staff will show us he is the man. I am tired of all the negative talk. Give him a chance to get bettter. He had the surgery to correct it and will do what is needed to get it right .Hill did a great job filling in and so did stanton but the are not Staff. Everybody knows it we should back him up as Lions Fans . Instead of throwing him under the bus or to the wolves. They play at anothe level with Staff on the field. We have never in 25 yrs had a qb with that difference on the field. Bleed blue & silver!!!!!! Same with Suh & Delmas & Calvin & alot of others. Suh missed the Pro Bowl for the team which also means for us. We are on the way to the up.I am proud to be a Lions Fan.

12. By RONNIE YOUNG on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

MATT WILL BE FINE….DREW IS NOT THE FUTURE…..I WOULD HOPE LIONS TRY AND MOVE UP AND GET VON MILLER….OR PATRICK PATTERSON….OR TRY TO GET NNAMDI…..WE ALSO NEED TO BEEF UP THE O-LINE

13. By detroit on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

SCHWARTZ, I LIKE YOUR OUTLOOK ON THE DRAFT JUST KEEP IMPROVING I THINK OVERALL YOU HAVE AND WILL IN THIS DRAFT AND OFF SEASON FREE AGENT MARKET AS YOU HAVE IN THE PAST 2 YEARS. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. YOU HAVE ALOT OF FANS ALL OVER THIS GREAT NATION WHO ADMIRE YOUR WORK ETHIC.

14. By BILLO313 on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

i think its safe to say that P. Peterson will be well outta reach. with that said, we need to focus on signing Champ Bailey or Nnamdi Asomuhga. If we cant get either of them, there will still be at least 2 top tier CBs in this years draft available for us. Jimmy Smith from Colorado and Brandon Harris from “THE U”. Both can be INSTANT starters for us. Free agency is gonna decide how we draft. i also think we should target Chad Greenway from Minnesota. if we can plug a couple of holes with quality free agents that will leave us open to take best available at 13. i like Ryan Kerrigan and Akeem Ayers. or of course, we could go O-Line!!! but it all starts in FA. i know the Lions will make the right moves. we have a VERY SMART coaching staff. i cant wait to see who they come away with!!!! GOOOOOOOO LIONSSSSS!!!

15. By booman173 on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

i agree with billo313 with corners available in free agent i also like austin pettis out of boise state the kid is tall with great hands.also chad greenway is a great veteran who can feel a needed postion for the lions along with a possible 2nd round pick out of msu greg jones.

16. By dlions010 on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

i think we definatly need to improve the secondary, its obviouse, i looked at film of the corners, they got talent, i think we need to get a corner with our 1st pick, we need a natural corner, a guy who just has that talent, who doesnt need to be worked in u know, like a revis, or cromartie, or baily, or so many more guys, Nnamdi Asomuhga is good, i think we got a good chance there, bailey aint comin to detroit, not after how we did his bro. thats not gone happen. i liked boss, besides the injeries

17. By Slim on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

Hey I think that there is a great chance that we might get a good CB in Fa with Nnamdi, Champ, and I think people are also forgetting that Antonio Cromartie is also possibly going to be available. I would be more interested in him because of age. I think Champ is perhaps a stretch. I agree that if we can shore up in FA then we will be well on our way to having another great draft.

18. By Blake on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

Speaking on draft prospects, Von Miller is an undersized 3-4 hybrid LB. Although athletic and a playmaker at the college level, his skill set wouldn’t fit our 4-3 system. Akeem Ayers out of UCLA is a better pick at 13 in my opinion.

Detroit’s general position needs:

CB
    OLB
    SS
    Slot WR (Wes Welker type)
    O-Line

19. By mark on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

I think the Lions should get the best tackle then can to counter act Peppers, Mathews, and Allen. Our division has the top three DE in it. Our chances at winning will increase if we can neutralize them. I would love to see Suh teamed up with Paea, however if a tackle was not available. The teams in our conference are also weak up the middle on there O-Line. Go get them Lions. One last thing Garimi would be my tackle of choice(one mean mo fo).

20. By Tom Miles on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

I think the last two drafts have been great by the Lions for a great change. For me, I would like to another improvment in the D, like linebackers and CBs

21. By Ben on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

If I had to guess, the only way Stanton will be here is if Hill is traded.

22. By Vinkinghater9 on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

As far as the cornerbacks go I wasnt totally unhappy Chris Houston or Alphoso Smith. When they played together they seemed to be gelling pretty good. Ya, they had a few bad games but both these guys are young and really still developing and learning.
    A big name shut down corner is nice but to give up the farm to get them dosent make since.

23. By Tom Miles on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

I do not want that either, but Delmas nees some help back there and Houston might leave as a free agent. He was a good find for the Lions but to make the
    playoffs they will be an improved D

24. By Drew in the Twp on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

I can’t believe anyone is saying that Drew Stanton could be the future of this team. Are we really calling Matt Stafford soft? Stanton was on the IR 3 years in a row. He has no future here. Draft a young QB late in the draft or undrafted and try to groom him for the future in case Stafford doesn’t work out.

25. By shane lemcool on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

I agree with vikinhater we dont need bailey or the other guy we aere building thru frree agency and the draft we ant a younf team .. not some old guys comming in and ms=essin with the development and the chemistry already established the d lin is in great shape , o line could use some beef, our corners will be fine if they takle the kid from nebraska or the kid from miami and another reciever would be great from free agancy but calvin and nate are goodtogether and we do need a nother hb to build the stable and a line backer yes greenway from minnesota would be a excellent fit for us so we will see what happens .. and coach ur doing a phenomenal job keep up the good work ur fans are behind u

26. By LIONSFAN1414 on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

Matt is going to be great how can you say he is not tough ?

27. By Rocky Bass on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

I have my own wish list just like you all. But I trust the drafting team will do even better than the last 2 years.
    It’s nice to have confidence in the staff finally.

28. By detroiter on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

This year could, and will be, the most trying for the Lions. Expectations will be be very high based on
    last years impressive season ending 4 game performance. Some new faces on offense & defense with the draft, free agency, and maybe a diamond in the ruff walk on..:), will inspire this team to great things in 2011. My three things to concentrate on for 2011 are Focus at the task, perform at your best on the field, enjoy the progress you have made…Congrats guys.. you are on your way to a great year..You can compete with the best as you have shown..

29. By Tom Miles on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

I am looking forward to the draft and how the Lions will be able to improve even more, a big fast LB would be great to go along with the rest of the D, and another DB to help Delmas.
    I went to the Tampa game as I live down here, and it was so much fun to watch them grow, CJ was a monster and Suh was double and tripple teamed but that allowed the others to get to the QB 3 times and the Lions protected
    Drew with no sacks, what an Improvement. Thanks Detroit for making football fun again in Detroit.. GREAT JOB LIONS!!!

30. By Wichita,Ks#1LionsFan on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

GHOST of BOBBY LAYNE and JOHN,
    That is the most rediculous thing I have heard! For 1: MATT STAFFORD is the answer! 3 years from now he will be one of top 3 QB’s in the NFL! Maybe sooner!
    Sam Bradford injured his shoulder two years in a row in college and he is totally fine now. 2nd: Shawn Hill is definately the 2nd best QB on our team! NO QUESTION! HANDS DOWN! Now I am a Drew Stanton fan, but he is not good enough to be a starter! Great 3rd string QB, possibly an adequate #2 if for some reason we lose Shawn Hill. But NO WAY IN HELL SHOULD HE BE A STARTER. The only thing I can think of that would make you say that is he went to Michigan State! Because no way he can even hold a candle to Stafford!
    You guys need to appriciate what we have here! A stud QB!

31. By Wichita,Ks#1LionsFan on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

Matt Stafford could go down next year with the same injury and get put on IR again and I still would stand behind him! It took Phil Sims a few years to get past his injuries, then he won a Super Bowl! And put up the highest completion % in SB history! Also, it sometimes takes a series of sugeries to get healed from a serious shoulder injury. I know that Lion fans are losing are losing patients, but we need to be patient with him. He IS the future of ou franchise!

32. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Feb 18, 2011 | Reply

Having read the posts I am in awe at the intellectual prowess of those great minds of sports and am astounded that more are not in the league as coaches and scouts. You have missed your calling.

33. By Thomas on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

the draft is gonna be good we have 13th pick instead of 1st thank god be smart about it though. the lions are already good they just need to get better they have a young team. we have amazing players offense and defense and DON’T WORRY Stafford will be fine

34. By Don on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

I have to Agree with the Ghost, Whichita, You have Missed your calling.
    Because you are spot on whith what you are saying about Matt Stafford.
    You Are right when you say that by next year or the year after he will be The Man when it comes to QB’s.And you are right about all the QB’s that you Mentioned that had Bad shoulders, and what Happened with them once they were Healed. Stafford has’nt even gotten warmed up yet.
    Stanton is a good QB, However He is’nt the same Type of QB that Stafford is.
    I believe that all the QB’s that we have are in exactly the order that they should be in. 1,2,and 3.
    And they all should be ready to win by the time next regular season get’s on the way.
    As far as the Combine and the Draft I also agree with what someone here mentioned as to keep going the way that we have been Taking the Best Talent there at the time as the NO. 13th pick.
    It has certainly helped this TEAM so far.

35. By gack on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

I think Stafford is for sure the way to go. I will point out that some of you have noted good qb’s that have had shoulders problems and recovered. Well I will point out what I hope Stafford doesnt become. Chad Pennington was a fairly decent Qb who ran into Shoulder problems and never recovered fully. I need remind you that not everyone can recover. I do not think Shaun Hill is the answer and I never will.I think Stanton is our # 2 and if we see someone else we should dump hill and bring in the talent. I do also believe we shouldn’t go after Champ Bailey, he is too old and high priced and Denver knows it too. He is pretty much prime for a move to safety soon. I think we could take a risk on Bob Sanders. He will probably be cheap enough to get for at least a year to see what he can do. Someone mentioned Greenway in a post and I agree if you can steal talent like that from the DIvision do it.

36. By MikeLG on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

Hey Ghost:
    Stafford’s problem is whether he’s tough enough it’s more a matter of being mobile enough in the pocket to avoid the BIG hits. Shoulder injuries unfortunately, tend to occur in succession until you get them surgically repaired. Just ask Sam Bradford and Charles Rogers, to name a few.

37. By MikeLG on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

Hey Ghost:
    Stafford’s problem isn’t whether he’s tough enough it’s more a matter of being mobile enough in the pocket to avoid the BIG hits. Shoulder injuries unfortunately, tend to occur in succession until you get them surgically repaired. Just ask Sam Bradford and Charles Rogers, to name a few.

38. By OneTyme on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

I agree that the Lions should definitely look at either moving up in the draft to try for Patrick P. (which is doubtful), or try to sign either Nnamdi, Champ, or even O.J., who was just release by the Rams. However, I very, very, very much disagree with the people saying to give Drew a chance because he might be our future. Drew is up for free agency and should be let go. I don’t understand why everyone acts like he’s got this amazing amount of potential. He’s proven that he doesn’t. We just need to focus on keeping Stafford healthy with a beefy OL, which I think will happen this year barring a lock out, and also beefing up our secondary and LB corp. Once we do those things, the Lions are sure to be playoff bound!!! P.S. And we also MUST NOT EVER lose Megatron to free agency, so we have to keep his contracts sewed up!!!

39. By OneTyme on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

@MikeLG…mobile enough? Did you not see the plays in which Stafford was injured? Last year vs. the Browns he was scrambling from one end of the field to the other, and the back to the other before getting hit. This year, Game 1 vs. the Bears, Peppers hit him from his blind side, so you can put the blame on the OL for that one. And then when he came back for 2 games vs. the Jets in overtime, he was scrambling, again, out of their own endzone and up to about the 10 yd line or so before being clipped from behind. Not mobile? He plenty mobile. His problem is he needs to learn how to be tackled. And now that he has his shoulder surgically repaired, it will be much better next year. Now if he will just learn to not land on the other one, he’ll be fine.

40. By IdiotKicker on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

A) Drew Stanton is NOT the future… That’s crazy talk. I think he can play, sure (He beat the now Super Bowl Champs) But this team is clearly on another level with a healthy Stafford. I think you kids might still have that Green and White paint in your eyes… 2) I don’t care if you put Tom Brady back there Backus still blows that block on Peppers and Brady’s out for the season. Don’t get me wrong, Backus is the hardest working Lion on the team, hell he might even be the hardest working player in the league, but at some point the hard work stops and talent of lack there of, will catch up with you. We must protect THIS HOUSE (And Stafford)! Draft O-line. BOOM! OUTTA HERE!

41. By nice40 on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

you can’ t question Stafford’s toughness…he’s proven that…it’s simply staying healthy…that’s two different things

42. By Sparky101 on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

Matt Stafford has all the tools; smarts, arm, size, and accuracy to be a top NFL QB. He just need a decent LT to keep him healthy and Jeff Backus isn’t it.
    Corey Hilliard did a great job filling in at RT for Cherilus, but can he play LT as well? Or how about Fox? Is he ready for a starting job? He’s big enough!
    Backus can’t handle speed rushers and he’s to blame for Stafford’s shoulder injuries last year. Is there a Lomas Brown clone out there somewher???

43. By Tom Miles on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

The two best Ds were in the Super Bowl, does that say anything??

44. By spudad on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

I would just like to thank Jim Schwartz for becomming the lions head coach. As most Lions fans, i have never giving up on Lions. Lion fans are the most dedicated fans in football, we have been threw more disapointment then most. THANK YOU Mr. SCHWARTZ for the excitment that you have brought to the Lions,Detroit,and to us-The Fans

45. By Doug L on Feb 19, 2011 | Reply

Schwartz and Mayhew have done a brilliant job collecting “under the radar” talent which contributed greatly to the last 4 wins:
    Logan
    Vasher
    Palmer
    Carpenter
    Rayner
    This is even more impressive when you take into account their ability to also sign the bigger names like Burleson, Vandenbosch, Scheffler and Best.

Momentum is changing. It’s finally our time to win and be proud!

46. By Robert on Feb 20, 2011 | Reply

I’m no expert here but come on people. yes stafford is a great QB but you cant sell the farm on him because he is hard to keep healthy. take a QB in the third or fourth round. like Stanzi out of iowa, he will drop far enough to were he is affordable…and trade Shaun Hill. the guy is good but with everyone wanting stafford to be our future you need to get someone on the feild that will take some of the attention off him. Use hill to get a pick in the third round maybe late second if they are lucky enough and get a Big Back that doesnt need to rely on the offensive line to make a huge fricking hole, it will ease up the pass rush. Best is good and personally i love the guy but he needs a big back to help him out and take a load off on the third and short or first and long. best does his work on second and mid range.

47. By Lee Rollins on Feb 20, 2011 | Reply

How do you guys feel about Von miller And what do you think the lions chances of getting him are

48. By osidebri on Feb 20, 2011 | Reply

defense defense defense!!!!! stack it up detroit. This draft is loaded with defensive talent. They need to take advantage of it. Get back to being a black n blue team. the offense is fine, maybe a guard or two. They should be able to pull at least 4 defensive players from the draft that will get plenty of playing time. Oh, one more thing. Draft Defense!!!

49. By Ripple R on Feb 20, 2011 | Reply

Let’s think outside the box. Matt has shown an uncanny skill at delivering his passes,but he had a lot of difficulty thrpwing when pressured. Let’s cut our loses by trading him to Washington for Donovan. Donavan has another Super Bowl run in him. In addition, we can also balance this trade by taking defensive tackle, Albert H off their hands by trading our DT, Cory W. This unorthodox move along with a good draft could take The Lions to the Super Bowl in 2012. In conclusion, we should get former middle linebacker. Larry F to return to our team. Although he is older than DeAndre L, he is more experienced and more consistent. The Lions would have two bonafide middle linebackers. Now, watch the Haters respond!

50. By eric on Feb 20, 2011 | Reply

Well Drew Breeze had a way way worse injury than Our guy Matt had..Leave the guy alone.! .i predict hes gonna show some durability you guys are overeacting..who knows maybe the nebraska corner slides in the draft..we need a few more linebackers for sure. #1fan how yo peoples up there in kc..gonna do us man..are they that desperate for draft picks..? They not as good as they thought..1st round home game knockout! Give us a home playoff game..my $ goin on the LIONS..We aint gonna spend a bunch of $ on one guy..thinkin hes the answer.its not hard take the best player available..Im sure the det brass knows exactly what they wanna do..We can only wait..we have a lot invested in our qb and dline..maybe the oline could use a lil more juice..but these guys are good..They play hard..

51. By daniel on Feb 20, 2011 | Reply

finally someone is getting it right more often than not. mayhew has my respect. i am very confident in schwartz and mayhew. that said only one side of the ball needs help , actually the back six.(delmas is a lock) ….love to see a big corner taken in the second round to develop like the guy out of miami…in the first round the linebackers need a lot of help,,,especially with peterson departing.

52. By brian on Feb 21, 2011 | Reply

I BELIEVE IN M.STAFFORD. IF HE CAN FIND A WAY TO STAY HEALTHY, DET WILL BE.. REPEAT WILL BE A PLAY-OFF TEAM. HE’S BETTER THEN M.SANCHEZ BY FAR AND HAS TO PROVE HE’S ALSO BETTER THEN J.FREEMAN. I’M NOT SAYING S.HILL, STANTON DID A BAD JOB THEY DID GREAT CAN BE DEPENDED ON WHEN NEEDED. DON’T BELIEVE STANTON IS ANYWHERE NEAR STARTING QB MATERIAL YET. IF STAFFORD GETS HURT AGAIN BELIEVE HILL WILL DO ANOTHER SOLID JOB BEHIND CENTER. DET WOULD DEFINTELY HAVE TO RE-BUILD/UPGRADE O-LINE IF THESE QB INJURIES ARE CONSTANT & DRAFT ANOTHER POTENTIAL STAR QB. R.SIMS WAS A GREAT ADDITION FOR OUR O-LINE AND THINK IF DET CAN’T FIND OR GET THEIR “TOP GUY VIA DRAFT: V.MILLER, P.AMUKAMARA, A.AYERS” THEN MOVE BACKUS INSIDE AND GO FOR N.SOLDER OR T.SMITH. I DON’T THINK WE NEED TO GO BACK TO BACK O-LINEMEN LIKE 49ERS DID LAST YR. B/C AS WELL AS DET FINISHED LAST YR. WE STILL HAVE HOLES TO FILL. I THINK WE CAN GET A QUALLITY O LINEMEN IN ONE OF FIRST 3 RDS WE HAVE AND THEN ANOTHER ONE 4TH OR 5TH RD. LIKE R.HUDSON OR J.MOFFITT IF NEEDED. IFFFF B.HARRIS DROPS OUT OF 1ST RD. DET BETTER PICK HIM UP!!!!!!!!! ALSO I HOPE DET CAN RESIGN C.HOUSTON; HIM AND A.SMITH WILL BE ALRIGHT.
    I WANT THE LIONS TO HAVE SERIOUS CONVERSATIONS ON RB POSITION. J.BEST HAS TURF TOES AN INJURY THAT HAS ENDED SOME CAREERS OF GREAT PLAYERS. M.MORRIS IS GETTING OLD IF WE CAN GET ONE OF TOP 5 IN THIS YRS. DRAFT CLASS?? WIDE RECEIVER POS. MEGATRON=AWESOME LOVE THIS GUY, NATE DID PRETTY WELL ALSO, NOT A FAN OF THE OTHER JOHNSON BRYANT. SHOULD WE LET HIM GO? LOGAN INTO THE OFFENSE WAS NICE. ANOTHER SPEED WR WITH HANDS WOULE BE NICE IF DET HAS TIME TO ADDRESS. BUT NOT OF GREAT NEED PETTIGREW, SCHEFFLER R AWESOME. D-LINE SET.. I SAID TO ALL MY FRIENDS THE FRONT D-LINE FOR DET IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THEN MINN. THEY SAID NO. I WOULDN’T SEE Y NOT? MINN D-LINE IS DECLINING BESIDES ALLEN. J.PETERSON WAS RELEASED THEREFORE LEAVING D.LEVY ONLY DECENT COMPLETE LB DET HAS RIGHT NOW. LOOKING TOWARDS GREAT THINGS IN THE COMBINE WANT DET TO LOOK AT SAFETY J.JOHNSON BOISE STATE EVEN THO RUMORS SAY DET SIGNED E.COLEMAN. I’M NOT GOING TO SIT HERE LIST ALL POSSIBLE PLAYERS I WANT THE LIONS TO GET. DET KNOWS WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO GO GET IT. NOT TAMPERING W/ OTHER PLAYERS IN CONTRACT WITH A TEAM ALREADY. MY ULTIMATE SOLUTION IF DET DOESN’T SEE THEIR TOP GUY OR LIKE THEIR DRAFT POS. DON’T HESITATE TO TRADE DOWN IF U CAN.

IF LIONS HAVE A 3RD GOOD DRAFT IN A ROW PLAY-OFF TEAM!!!!!!! CAN’T WAIT!!!!!

53. By Jim on Feb 21, 2011 | Reply

Well I think the Lions have had the best drafts of all teams the past two seasons if you look at what the players have done for the team. And if Mayhew and the scouts work their magic again this year we will see another good group of players come in the late rounds because who would have thought that Sammie Hill would be so good, or Zach Follet would be a really good special team player, Levy was taken in the later rounds and now is our starting MLB/OLB, and we yet to see what OT Jason Fox can really bring to the table or Willie Young. And I’m not going to give up on Jordan Dizon nor Aaron Brown just yet, and this team is full of diamonds in the rough have you forgot about Aaron Berry who was a starter before getting hurt, or Randy Phillips the safety who just needed a little grooming who by the way Gun said he loved, Bobby Carpenter a former first rounder at LB, and it seems like everyone forgets about Jerome Felton our FB he gets positive yards it seems like every time he touches the ball we keep talking about getting a big back that can go in between the tackles well and he can catch the ball too Detroit needs to seriously look at using him more as a RB than a FB he has decent speed for his size and he is pretty tough and durable more so than Kevin Smith and he seems just as fast as Smith in his initial take off to me and we never got to see what Tim Toone can bring to the table he is supposed to be really fast so we have a very good offseason to look forward too. One thing I have learned over the past couple of seasons is that the Lions scouts are good at what they do so even the late round picks in the draft are decent players and Mayhew knows how to manuever the other GM’s to trade away valuable players for fools gold and one more thing with my rambling the LIons need to look into letting K. Smith go and pick up Joique Bell the RB on the Saints he won the Harlon Hill trophy its the Division II Heisman Award the Lions looked at him before the draft and should have signed him when he wasn’t drafted but the kid is a good RB a much better upgrade than Smith especially if we are not going to use Felton as a RB.

54. By Don on Feb 21, 2011 | Reply

Well, Next weekend is the combine. And I’m running out of time to let you know who I think that we should be Looking at or checking out at the combine.
    It is allway’s a Waiting game in the 1st round to see who is going to be there by the time NO# 13 roll’s around.
    When it comes to LBers, If that is the way we want to go? Everyone wnat’s Von Miller of coarse, If he happens to fall then Take him.
    But, he probably won’t so the Next best is Akeem Ayers,Lber, UCLA,6″4″” 250 lbs.40 time:4.75, Justin Houston,LBer, Georgia,6’3” 258 lbs. 40time:4.73 For LBers in the Later RDs Bruce Carter, North carolina, LBer,6’3” 235 lbs.40time:4.57 said to run the 40 at 4.39 However he has had surgury on his Knee. So?
    Same thing with Aldon Smith, LBer,Missouri, 6’4” 258 lbs.40 time:4.69, But another Knee injury, Might be injury prone. More Late rounders at Lber.
    Mark Herzlich, Boston College 6’4” 250 lbs. 40time:4.75
    Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma, 6’2” 268 lbs.40time:4.79, On the slow side.
    Dontay Mock LBer Nevada, Don’t have the work up, But good things have been said.
    OH, and allmost forgot, and this guy is enteresting ALSO, K.J. Write, OLB,6’4” 205 lbs. Miss. State. don’t have 40 time?
    Cornerbacks
    Patrick Peterson,CB, LSU, 6’1” 212 lbs.40time: 4.42 Probably wont be there for the taking.
    Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska! YES, 6’0” 205lbs.,40time:4.49 Intangables< Fantastic! Hopefully this guy will be there.
    A lot of People Want Brandon Harris at this spot, CB,Miami (FLA) 5'11'' 195 lbs. 40time:4.45
    I like these next three Dudes if we can't walk away with one of the other's then we should look for CB in Later RDs.
    Jimmy Smith,CB, Colo,6'2'' 205lbs. 40time: 4.49, Has had a concushion.
    Aaron Williams,CB, TEXAS, 6'1'' 195 lbs. 40time:4.49 Lot of breakups, Not big on enterceptions?
    Curtis Brown, CB, Texas, 6'0'' 180 lbs. 40time:4.42 Good Intangables, Fast.
    Ras-I daowling,CB Virginia,6'2'' 200 lbs.40time: 4.54 Hard worker, TEAM Captian.
    Chimdi Chekwa,CB, Ohio State, 5'11'',190 40time:4.49 Late RDer.
    Shareece Wright,CB USC,5'11'' 182lbs.40time:4.51
    The next dude is Kina enteresting.
    Davon House, CB, New Mexico State, 6'0'' 184lbs.40time:4.46 Was on All conferance first team with Kyle Wilson last year.
    Sorry to Write My list of Players to check out at the Combine Here and sorry for the Length of it. However My E-Mail is'nt working at the Moment.
    Take with a Grain of Salt. Hope that have given some idea's.
    Especially, with late RDers. Sometimes I think they are More important to fine than the 1st rounders. Anyone kind find the 1st Rders. Well, at least we all hope that they are easy to find?(; I know that sometimes We get a bust.
    OH, and another thing, This Nate Solder, I don't think that I would go there, Unless you all know something that I don't.
    That Senior Bowl showing that he put out, Not good, And for reason's other than Just Shady Play. I somehow get the Feeling that he Played that way on porpose that day. something just don't feel right about the showing at the Senior Bowl.
    I will Give you some OT's and WR's to consider later, But before the Combine.
    Do we Need another WR? YES!

55. By Brian P on Feb 21, 2011 | Reply

Been hearing great things with the Lions thus far. Hope what I am hearing comes to reality. The slump has to end some time. I have confidence in the coaching staff that they will make the right decisions for the team and get us to a post season. Looking forward to the coming season.

56. By champ42203 on Feb 21, 2011 | Reply

stafford is mobile enough look at the two hits he took when he got injured the cleveland game ( which i was at ) he scrambled long enough to keep the play alive until he could make a throw and he got hit by a mack truck and then this year backus completely whiffed on his block which is staffords blindside oh not to mention he whiffed on peppers one of if not the best defensive ends in the game you cant whiff on blocks backus and stafford went ahead and had surgery on his shoulder even though they said he didnt need it just to help it heal by time camp comes around

57. By Wichita,Ks#1LionsFan on Feb 21, 2011 | Reply

We arenot in serious need of WR. We run alot of 2 TE sets and we can get a WR later. We need Nmamdi!
    I believe Mayhew and Schwartz can mak it happen. Vanden Bosh took a pay cut to come to Detroit. NFL players are seeing our franchise turn around and want to be a part of something speacial! We also have the least amount of DRAMA from our players.
    As far as Safety…we are good. 1st pick: trade up for Amukamara, or trade back for tyrone smith. 2nd pick: if we get a CB in 1st…OT; if we get OT in 1st…CB.

58. By Lionsfan420 on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

I am very confident that Matt Stafford will be an amazing QB and lead us to the promised land. We just need to put a few good offensive lineman in front of him. I was very pleased with how Chris Houston & our young secondary developed. I would love to see the Lions target Nnamdi Asomugha or Carlos Rogers. As far as the draft, I would be happy with Akeem Ayers or Tyron Smith. If we can do better, then that’s great. I have noticed a lot of mock drafts have us taking Nate Solder or the 3rd-4th best corner. I don’t think that those would be good choices at all! Drafting a CB in the first round would be a huge mistake if it’s not Peterson or Amukamura. I would be happy with an OT or OLB for sure. I’m thinking OLB in the 1st round, but we do need 2-3 starting offensive lineman to go along with Rob Sims and Gosder Cherilus. Hopefully, free agency can help us once this collective bargaining agreement is hammered out :) It’s time to restore the roar in the D! Gooooooo Lions !!!!!!!!!!

59. By Lionsfan420 on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

I almost forgot to mention that if Derek Sherrod or Gabe Carimi were to fall into the 2nd round they could both be steals :) That doesn’t mean we’d be targeting an OT in the 2nd, but just some food for thought. In every round there will be steals at WR!!!!!!! We could use a 3rd or 4th wideout for sure :)

60. By Darren on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

Well I really wouldnt know what to do if Stafford went on IR again this year… I mean 3 years in a row? Im pretty sure we would try to get another qb next year if he does. But this years draft I would like to see us getting Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Prince Amakumura, we really dont need DE’s or DT’s. Our D-line is solid but then again Vanden Bosch is getting pretty old for this game… in that case maybe 2nd round if Kerrigan is still available or Casey Matthews..

61. By keith on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

The lions should try to get 2 first round picks again this year!

62. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

All that we fans have to go on is that so far Jim and Martin have a good track record and from I have seen provide good leadership. We have seen what that mope Matt Million did to our Lions. Sometimes life is a crap shoot but we fans are very optimistic this off season and trust the bosses and scouts to make some good choices.

63. By Tom Miles on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Keith, a LB and a DB, that would really help the Lions D, which is really getting alot better!!

64. By o on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

i can think of 70 million reasons why stanton will not be the starter come on guys if you guys want to talk about matt statford being hurt all the time like back at stanton track record on being hurt

65. By andrew on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

Troy Aikman had the same problems of getting injured for his first couple of years when he started out his career and then he took the cowboys to multiple superbowls and became a hall of fame player. Matt has never had a major injury before in his career before the last couple of years, so dont count Stafford out and if you look he when he has been able to start ever since that Browns game he has lived up to his potential and its great to think that he can only improve, but hopefully he can just stay healthy to prove these haters wrong.

66. By Scott on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

To find out who Detroit is going to draft we will just have to figure out who Schwartz has been watching on youtube this year! haha. All joking aside, I have full confidence in Detroit with whomever they take. The possibilities are endless right now since nothing has happened yet. I am looking forward to see how the draft unfolds. I have to believe that a trade down from #13 is a strong possibility. That will depend on who is on the board and what the offers may be for the pick. I am sure Detroit would not mind picking up a couple more picks though as they are lacking a 6th and 7th rounder. Other teams are aware of this and anybody looking to move up knows that the Lions will definitely be listening to offers. Looking forward to watching the Lions continue to improve and grow together.

67. By DLuke on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

stafford should be fine. we need to get him more consistent protection though. and i’d say shaun hill is a solid backup to keep for a while. he;’s young enough to still play for several years and he looked very good this past season.

as for drew- i used to really like him and wondered why he didnt get more chances but now, he looked flustered quite often and though his legs are a nice change i don’t see him as anything but a backup for the next couple years at most.

our young linebackers looked good but we need some help there and mostly at corner and safety. a veteran safety would be nice though.

i’d say draft linebackers, corners, and linemen on both sides.

68. By JW on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Packer fan here, it would be nice to see the Lions make some noise again! My favorite player of all time is not even a Packer its Herman Moore! HA! Anyway, the lions are my 2nd team and it would have been nice to see them get Patrick Peterson but hey at least they did better this year! They should get Albert Haynesworth who would actually play in the 4-3 and tear it up next to Suh. The Lions should trade down in the first about 10 picks and just build. They need O-Lineman which they can trade down for.

69. By John on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Matthew Stafford is the guy in Detroit. The Lions are a much better team with him and i believe they can win a superbowl with him at the helm. He will be fine this upcoming season and the lions will win the north.Jim Swartz has done a superb job of getting his team to believe. That is the biggest step to becoming a great team.

70. By LionsLover on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

If Stafford goes down, I say we call back Mike McMahon and get rid of Bryant Johnson and sign Mike Furrey for goodness sakes!

71. By C'mon man on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

I love the enthusiasm coming from my fellow Lions fans. However, many of you are severely misguided.

First, Drew Stanton will never be a successful starter in the NFL. He did a wonderful job filling in this year. Regardless of what happens to Stafford (in terms of injuries), Stanton will not be in our long term plans, nor in any other team’s.

Second, assuming a new CBA is reached (with a salary cap) the Lions WILL NOT be able to sign one of the big name corners suggested. Now that Champ has re-signed, that leaves Nnamdi. The highest paid corner in the game? C’mon, man.

Third, the Lions will not trade up in the draft. Schwartz and Mayhew know that will so many holes to fill, one player will not make or break the season for the Lions. I see them staying put, maybe even moving down if the right opportunity presents itself. If not, they will stay true to their word and draft the best player available (which, I CANNOT imagine is going to be one of the iffy OL this year).

Just wanted to iron that out. Keep up the chatter.

72. By mark on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

I would like to see the Lions take Jason Snelling or Mike Tolbert, Bruce Gradkowski, Mike Sims-Walker or Early Doucet, Matt Spaeth, Harvey Dahl, Mathias Kiwanuka, Paul Posluszny or Mike Peterson, Johnathan Joseph or Eric Wright or Fabian Washington, and the safety from the Rams. If the Lions take half of these low profile free agents I would be happy. I am sure a majority of these guys will be signed by there teams. So if the Lions get who they want out of free agency they can draft the best available which is always the right thing to do. I like Von miller, Anthony Castonzo, Gabe Carimi, Stephen Paea, and Akeem Ayers.

73. By mark on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

Hey Ghost
    I did say last year that the Lions should take Suh and Best. When the Lions drafted them all of my friends jaws dropped because I called it. This is part of the game doing your own homework and seeing who the Lions will draft. I pick my favs in the first round and requardless if they go to Lions or not I like to see how they do on the teams they go to. I said Gerarld McCoy was going to be a bust and I was right. I said Sam bradford is going to be good and he was. You don’t need to be a coach or scout to be right about a player. I am a nuclear Engineer so maybe you should be impressed by the intellectual prowess of this blog.

74. By mark on Feb 23, 2011 | Reply

The Lions should also get Mark Herzlich in the 3rd

75. By Don on Feb 24, 2011 | Reply

Back again, With a few Rookies that I would’nt Mind you checking out.
    Not that you will? And Not like I think you guy’s don’t know what you are doing because All I think about is what a Great job you have done Allready! I just Like to check these dudes out and see if they are What we are Looking for,To see if they fit our System or not? Anyway’s here are a few OT that you Might like to look at. Not that we have to go that way either With the Way that Backus played last year And with the New Prospect in the wings Jason Fox, That Looks to me Like he can become a Force to be reckoned with When we get him Prepared to take over the field and when Backus is ready to hand it over.
    (Tyron Smith),OT,6’5” 280 lbs USC. He is acually a little smaller Than I would like to see take over the LT position.
    (Derek Sherrod) OT,6’6” 305 lbs. Miss.State Again a Little on the smaller side.
    (Benjamam Ijalam) OT,6’4” 320 lbs. Vilanova. And again even on the SMALLER SIZE. As you can see I like our Linemen to be Giants By the way that I keep saying that they are on the small size.
    This Next dude is someone that I would try to pick up if he is there in the Late RDs. But, he Looks like a dude that would be a great prolect Player to develop and bring in at a later time.
    (Divd Mims) OT, 6’8” 348lbs. Virginia Union By his Wieght he Looks like he would be way to big and out of shape. However he is supposed to be Really solid and all muscle. Just sounds like he could be one that is there to develop also.
    As far as QBs I have to say that Matt Stafford will probably get over this shoulder thing and Become one of THE QBs of the NFL!
    And in Fact one that The NFL is going to want to Showcase a Lot if he Stay’s healthy. Matt Stafford is one of those QBs that Everyone will love to watch perfome once he starts staying in the Game.
    If he stay’s healthy he will end up like Joe Montana, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, And Payton Manning.
    All this TEAM and He himslef has to do is Keep him up and keep him playing.
    OH, I’m not saying that we should take a WR with the NO# 13th pick in the 1st Rd. or anything? We have TWO great WRs in Calvin and Burrelson.
    I just believe that we could use A differant one on the Outside position from Calvin. And there are a Lot of GOOD WRs outthere this year who did’nt really get the chance to show people what they can do, Because of the type of QB class that is coming out this year.
    Anyway’s, I’ll try to Put some names up of Wide Out’s by tommorow that the TEAM Might want to check out for the heck of it?
    Oh and from what I here there are a lot of Fine Player’s out there that arent even going to get to showcase what they can do at the Combine because they werent invited. And some of them Look as if they might be some to check out Or bring in And have them GO a run thru for us to get a look at, at our own Facilities.
    LIONS!

76. By Lance Manly on Feb 25, 2011 | Reply

Just a few things; get the best OT available… we’re going to need one soon to replace Backus (yr or two down the road).

Next, Detroit Web Site: Fix your transactions pages – I know of at least two transactions that have occurred – King gone and Coleman signed… gives me something to read to keep up on player changes.

Finally, Stafford is going to be fine. Bradford had a more severe shoulder surgery in college than Stafford just had to go through. The biggest thing; keeping him protected… which brings me back to taking an OT in 1st round.

(Unless one of top 2 CB’s some how slip 7 positions to #13 then all bets off take one of top 2 CBs… but that ain’t gonna happen.)

77. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Feb 25, 2011 | Reply

I love that name. “Lance Manly.” Wish I’d thought of it.

78. By PAUL SCHWAN on Feb 25, 2011 | Reply

To be honest we need offensive linemen more than anything else. If we can keep Stafford healthy and keep our offense on the field,our defense will get better too. Look at St. Louis with Bradford. KEEP HIM HEALTHY !

79. By mark on Feb 26, 2011 | Reply

I think Quinn will be the rookie of the year I just watched film on him. He is aslo a all american wrestler that just man handles people. I wish te Lions would get him. I could onestly say e imposed his will on opposing offenses.

80. By Don on Feb 27, 2011 | Reply

I have to say right now, That I just Do Not understand Meyhew’s Reasoning about another DT? Sammy Lee Hill Has improved his game by Leaps and Bounds. And I have to say that I believe that Sammy is only going to get better with the Talent that he has Around him. And I have’nt heard Enough about Willie Young? That Dude was Really showing potential in the pre season Games and yet did we even see him the rest of the regular Season.
    I know that Willie is No Julius Peppers, however he is just about as Big and Given a few more Oppertunities Might Start to Appear as another Peppers.
    I was really hopeing to see more from Willie and Would like to know how this Team View’s him and his future with this TEAM. He Looked Like he trully had the Potential to Be a starter at some point.
    And when we have Players such as Willie Young and Sammy Lee Hill? I don’t get the Need to take another DT or DE With our 13th Pick in the draft.
    and when there seems to be a lot of Talent in this Draft at both of these position’s?

81. By Don on Feb 27, 2011 | Reply

There was a lot of Talk about (Nate Solder) OT, 6’8” 315 lbs. out of Colorado.
    And at first I was’nt impressed. However after this first day at the Combine He has surelly changed My thinking as to the Abilities that he Posesses. Even his Intangables. If he is there at 13 and we don’t take him. (: I just really believe that this Guy has Huge Potential For this TEAM
    Anthony Costanzo) OT 6’7” 295 lbs. Boston College, Holds about the Same Quality. Both Tackles show thier ability to protect the QB, And that is what this team needs the most is’nt it? I mean before we find ourselves having to find another Franchise QB because we ruined the one that was just frikin GREAT!
    I’m telling you, WE have the Best QB in this League, And he can’t prove it Because he is Watching the game from the SideLines.
    Backus will be done soon and Fox is’nt a proven Tackle at this point.
    One of these two should be able to come in and take over like Now.
    And if these two guy’s are gone at NO# 13 Then I am hoping that Akeem Ayers) OLB,6’4” 255lbs. OR ( Prince Amukamara) CB 6’0” 205 lbs. Nebraska
    is still there for the Taking.
    LIONS!

82. By wendymaddy on Feb 27, 2011 | Reply

i would sure like to see all three quarterbacks return as well as Zak Robinson, for the combo really worked to the team’s benefit last season. Until Matt finds out if he can sustain the rough and tumble of the NFL play, that’s just the smart thing to do. It sure served us well last year! They all developed so wonderfully, didn’t they? I’d like to see the point kicker change his angle so he doesn’t cut it so close to the goalposts. He hasn’t missed yet, but we all saw in the Superbowl what happens when the kicker doesn’t get it right in the middle all the time. Boink! Hope your former kicker gets his legs back in time for the season, but this way, we have two great kickers on the team, and we also saw what happens when we rely on somebody as backup who doesn’t do it all the time. Suh’s lack of warmup cost us a game. He cannot do it all! And shouldn’t be expected to. As for Stafford, it’s time to design a special rig for his shoulders and clavicles never again to be exposed to any sort of injury no matter what kind of tumble he takes, expecially from falling on his shoulders directly. It has to extend past his shoulder line and be stiff enough to cushion the ground hit without ever jarring his shoulder or displacing his clavicles. Maybe a springlike coil thing to make sure there is no jarring contact to break any bones or pull any ligaments out of line. And as for the helmet issues, perhaps the Lions can pioneer somewhat larger helmets with special coil spring layer that protects players from concussion regardless of the contact type or how hard the hit is. A special soft foam layer together with the spring coil layer to keep the impact from being too hard could keep their brains from becoming scrambled. We saw how hitting Aaron Rodgers hard enough to concuss him helped us win a game, but we don’t want the tables turned on us! Who wants to end a career talking like Mohammed Ali?

83. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Feb 27, 2011 | Reply

Gosh WendyMaddy, you have all the answers. Yeah, I hate that scrambled brain syndrome

84. By mark on Feb 27, 2011 | Reply

100% Quinn and paea are going to be very good I would like the Lions to take either of them. I would love to have the Lions get a D-line that will be great for the next 13 years. It works pretty good for the Giants. Corey is old and so is Kyle. They are both good, but we need to thinnk about the future.

85. By Ripple R on Feb 27, 2011 | Reply

if the suggestions I made earlier don’t materialize, maybe the following suggestions will be of some help:

Let’s begin this off-season by trading RB,Kevin Smith. Maybe the Steelers will give up ILB,Larry Foote. He is good for Detroit in more ways than one.

Our 13th pick should be an offensive lineman. i personally would select either OT,Nate Solder or Anthony Castanzo. This selection’s job is to provided protection for Matt Stafford. If possible, I would trade Jeff Backus while he is still durable. His mental mistakes has cost his team too much. Perhaps, we could trade him for a 5th round draft pick. In addition, Gos Cherilus should also be traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

If those suggestions are made into reality, we’ll have enough amunition to give up a few draft picks to get another 1st round draft pick. This pick would be for another highly regarded defensive end or an outside linebacker. What would it take to get OLB, Von Miller or DE, Robert Quinn?

86. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Feb 28, 2011 | Reply

We talk about filling holes in injuries. All teams have holes to fill and injuries. All we fans can do is support the positive and when we get someone like Matt Millon in management raise heck until the owner makes a move. Right now we have skilled experienced people at the reigns.

87. By joey Murdock on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

Please,please,please!!! Draft defence if and I do mean if Von Miller is there grab him he is a beast and will scare the crap out of any QB we face next year. We can get a good OT in the latter rounds and not to mention free agency the coaching staff knows what they are doing, matt millen is and will always be a ding bisket he set the lions back many years with with he bad drafts, now the future is bright with this staff at the helm, only good things will come. But the way to win is get the defence mean as hell and Von Miller is I think the right guy to make us a smash mouth defence the league will fear, Black and Blue right Detroit? Do whatever it takes but draft Von Miller I have a good feeling about this kid and the film on him says it all add him to the mix of the other talent we have and wow!Defence wins rings the Ravens proved that. Go lions and good luck in the playoffs. Let me know what you all think

88. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

I can’t wait for this season!!! Super Bowl here we come! GO LIONS!!!