USC RB Allen Bradford Visits Allen Park

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on April 19, 2011 – 2:05 pm

USC RB Allen Bradford visited the Detroit Lions Practice & Training Facility Tuesday to meet with Lions’ player personnel and coaching staff.

The 6-0, 235-pound tailback could be slotted as a situational back considering his size and strength, but Bradford is looking to establish himself as an every-down player. In his final two seasons with the Trojans, Bradford rushed for 1,462 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Bradford: “A lot of people don’t think that I’m fast just because I’m big. But I feel like I can block on third downs and I can get at least four or five yards on the first carry. Whatever happens, happens. If I’m in a complimentary role, then I’m happy with that.”

If Bradford were to come to Detroit, he would compliment second-year pro Jahvid Best, who finished the season with 1,042 all-purpose yards and six touchdowns.

Bradford: “He’s a real good running back – I think me and Jahvid would be a nice package. It’s just changing up the pace of the game. (I would) get in and get some tough yards; just keep the chains moving because, to be successful in the NFL, you need to get that 3rd-and-1. When it’s time to get that first down, you have to get it and I’m a guy that I think can just keep the chains moving in crucial situations.”

As for the draft, Bradford doesn’t have a lot of expectations. His bottom line is simply getting an opportunity with an NFL team.

Bradford: “I just want to get drafted. If I’m the last pick in the seventh round, then I’m happy. I’m really just looking for an opportunity and a chance. If an opportunity comes I’m going to make the most of it.”

14 Responses to “USC RB Allen Bradford Visits Allen Park”

1. By Danny on Apr 19, 2011 | Reply

Love to get him in the 4th.

2. By douglas on Apr 19, 2011 | Reply

i hope he’s in detroit and i hope mike pouncey is up front blocking for him

3. By douglas on Apr 19, 2011 | Reply

two of the top defensive lineman in the were destroyed by mike pouncey those two were marcel darius and nick fairley

4. By bz on Apr 19, 2011 | Reply

worried about o-line besides r.sims. cherilus banged up w/ his injury how much longer does he have to b solid for us? raiola, backus are getting old.. not the greatest peterman and the gang get a lot of penalties. i’m hoping for a pouncey, t.smith but wouldn’t mind in later rds. 2 b/c i want the det lions d to be just as sick as ravens, steelers etc.

5. By jojo yan on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

How about this scenario…Mike Pouncey 13th and either Jimmy Smith cb or even Ros I dowling cb in the second round and a power back RB in the third round, a LB in the fourth and an offense lineman in the fifth and another lineman in the sixth and finally a seventh rd defense player.

6. By fred on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

U guys seem to forget that the lions take the best player on the board and last year they drafted jason fox out of miami who didn’t play at all last year don’t be suprised if they dont draft a offensive lineman at all i think this guy is special they kept him in the weight room last year he’s probably our left takle that everybody thinks we need so bad.

7. By roland rawwosn on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

good one fred i like him two and poundcey is good but we need more trade with new england and move down to get more depht

8. By T.N.E on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

I guess I need to check the roster, and update myself to whos where now, but why are we wasting time on running backs??? Can anybody tell me…Really!!!

9. By Don on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

If That is the Way that we are going to go, With Pouncy, And I think that,that would be a great pick at 13.
    And I too think that Jason Fox was a Great Pickup Last year.
    Fox Was Projected as a 1st Rounder All the way Up until his Knee injury.
    And when watching Fox on College Tape, This Guy can Block as Good as any of them. And he is Fast on his Feet. He is also Fast when it comes to Jumping up and changing his Position to Open holes in the Run Game.
    I Think Pouncy Could Probably Take Over for Peterman Right Away.
    However, If One of the Top three CBs are there at 13 it would be hard to Pass on any of them. But, I do hope that the Lions would be Looking at the Smith Kid from Colorado. And I know the dude from Miami is in great Shape, However, He is on the Small size And I just don’t see him as a shutdown CB.
    And I know he was doin what he was in College, But He is Steppen up to the NFL. And then again if Amukamara is there?
    ALL the Rookies, and we can Only get 5 of them. ( :

10. By Don on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

OH, And as far as a RB is concerned This Dude Seem’s Allright.
    But the Only RB that I would take in the 1st RD is Ingram.
    Otherwise, I would wait until the 2nd or 3rd And Maybe even the 4th Rd.

11. By arkeith on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

I agrree with fox at the left tackle for the future, but smith from usc would be an excelent pick for them

12. By jbird on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

We don’t need a big back. Just replace Riola. Problem solved.

13. By Billy on Apr 20, 2011 | Reply

i want this guy. hes right about third and one. guy reminds me of B. Jacobs

14. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply