Fairley Meets Fans, Talks to Suh

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on April 29, 2011 – 11:25 pm

First-round draft choice Nick Fairley stopped by the 2011 Detroit Lions Draft Party at the Hard Rock Cafe to meet with fans.

Fairley on his experience at the Detroit Lions Draft Party at Hard Rock Cafe Detroit: “Aww man, it was great. When I walked in, they almost blew the roof off the place. So it’s great coming down and getting the support of the fans for the first time.”

Fairley also had the opportunity to talk to Defensive Rookie of the Year Ndamukong Suh. Fairley met Suh at the 2011 Super Bowl and is looking forward to playing alongside him.

On having talked to Suh: “I talked to Suh today and he gave me some great advice; I talked to Kyle Vanden Bosch and all of them guys. I’m really just ready to go and I want to pick their brain … They’re going to give me some great advice so I can come in as a rookie and know what to do.”

On what Suh said to him: “He basically was like, ‘Man, you’ve got be ready to come to work; they’re going to push you and try to get the best out of you, but you’re going to have fun.’ He said that’s one thing that they do here is: have fun and work hard. So I’m ready to come here and get things together.”

Check out photos from the event!

Tags: ,

84 Responses to “Fairley Meets Fans, Talks to Suh”

1. By Troy on Apr 29, 2011 | Reply

I’m very happy with the first round but after that I am extremley disgusted. Are
    you kidding me a receiver in the second,he wasn’t even ranked that high in the draft. We could of had Torrey Smith or Greg Little. He only weighs 174lbs.
    How do they expect someone that small to survive in this league. Not to mention the fact he came out of a very weak conferance The (WAC). I do like the running back but we we gave up way to much to get him. We gave up a 3rd,4th, and flipped our 5th and 7th round. We have way to many holes to be picking a very small receiver. He didn’t even have a good combine.

I am having flash backs of Matt Millen drafts We suck as usual

2. By Richard Heyman on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

I would like to Thank Coach Swartz and Martin Mayhew for turning the Lions perennial home for the NFL wannabe retirees, into a new vibrant, aggressive and confident team of spectacular talent. With the addition of Fairley, LeShoure, and Young they have a solid rushing attack and top talent Passing Attack. Please design schemes in which we can protect our franchise QB, Will Heller as the curl back TE who knocks anyone trying to deck Stafford on his ass. Carpenter and Palmer have the tools to start and cover if they play to their abilities. Sign Houston and give Smith a chance, and it could be another “Fearsome Foursome” Lions Defensive Line. Also, how about playing Johnny Cash’s “A Boy Named Sue” when the defense comes on or after a Suh Sack. The line goes” My Name is Suh, How do you do, And now You’re Gonna Die!”
    Yeah, Lets get a bronze statue of Barry Sanders erected in the entranceway of the Ford Field Main Entrance. he was the only player to get a large ovation and cheers at the draft today, even from GB and NY fans! He’s the Best of the Best!

3. By king on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

the guy who just posted is stupid. Titus is a burner just what the offense needs so Calvin can’t be double teamed. The guy knows how to get down field and catch the ball do your homework !!!

4. By john on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Geez, why don’t you wait and see these guys play before passing judgement. It makes no sense to criticize before they have had a chance to prove themselves. I agree they weren’t ideal selections, but lets see how it plays out.

5. By Gdub on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Moving in the right direction! Choosing solely based on needs won’t get us to where we need to go. Keep building to our strengths! Smart men working in that front office! Props to them! Restore the roar!!

6. By george graham on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Have you heard of a wide receiver named steve smith?

7. By jake on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

The thing that is not understood here is that this draft class is the worst in a long time. I like what jim and mayhew did. They went up and grabbed VALUE picks not just people to put in a spot. I see them grabbing tulock in FA and a CB/ OT

8. By windelllions on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

i like the picks,looking forward to season.and coming to open practice!!!!!

9. By Josh on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Troy seriously?? Have u heard of DeSean Jackson? plus Nate Burleson is getting old and who are our other receivers? He’s quick and can be a plus returning on special teams with his speed and on him coming from the WAC didnt he loose all of like 1 game when he was there?! Good pick i believe and I think u might be eating ur word if there is a season this year. Schwartz and company know what they are doing

10. By Johnny on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

I agree completely, Troy. I can’t wrap my brain around the fact that we chose a Wide-Out in the 2nd round!!!!! I don’t beleive that he will be able to compete at this level, in that position. My only hope is that they are planning on moving him to a Corner/Returner…we’ll see. As far as Leshoure, I am satisfied with his skills and potential. I agree that we gave up too much to get him. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us. Not much to say about Fairley. He’s the complete package. I think with his work ethic and Suh’s tutoring, we’ll have a VERY strong defensive line. Looking forward to pre-season and seeing how he performs.

11. By Bob on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Troy, you have got to be kidding. Suck??? The draft has been very good. Faiirley and Suh will give QBs a fit. Charles Rodgers and Mike Williams were busts, yes. But the Lions are ready for the next step. We need players and draft got us players.

12. By dave on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

i think we should give the lions staff a chance to prove to the fans why they drafted the way they did.i can see the direction they are going,i only ask that they try to get a cb,ol,and a lb in free angecy.if they can get decent talent in who they sign in free angecy at these positions poeple better watch out for the lions.

13. By John on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

After this draft I am left wondering if the failure of the Millen regime was truly his fault.

14. By RYan on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

These players fit specific rolls and anyone not oblivous to football can see them fitting with the offense, each pick has been spot on. Titas is natural and quick enough for a slot receiver and Leshoure is a RB with raw talent that can establish into a hard nosed runner. WITHOUT a doubt detroit has had the best draft. They draft the best player available and happen to have them fit their need. I think they have officially out- drafted the pats this year.
    Ps. Troy, NEVER mention M** M*****’s name again on this website, we don’t need anymore negative fans.

15. By Kontious on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Ryan. I’m a little disappointed that we haven’t picked up a Corner or Safety. That is my major concern. I am concerned with our secondary. However, that is my only concern. Coming from a couple of years ago win less, I do believe we have had one of the best drafts. All of the analyzers have agreed, and I am feeling extremely good about our next year of Football. Our offense should be exciting, and our defense should be bone chilling. I can’t wait to hear the silence from Raiders fans when I go to the game! lol..Feel the Roar!

16. By Tim D on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Great Draft! Picked up three highly talented players we could not get in the future as the team improves . Will not be drafting that high up. Also Mayhew and Schwartz picked up 8 players off wavers last year that are better quality then many late round picks.

17. By Jerry on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

The roar has been restored ,look out Aarron llmao !!!

18. By Jerry on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

The Retore has been Restored ,If your A lion fan enjoy are future if your not stay off the blog..
    watch out Aarron the biys are back in town!!!!!!!

19. By Rob on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

You know what disgusts me? Fans like you, Troy. Uninformed, bold faced liars. Titus Young didn’t have a good combine? I watched the whole thing and the guys were fawning over him. When they were doing the drill where they run, flip their hips and are instructed to catch the ball up and over their head, Young was the only one who did it perfectly the first time, earning a comment from Deon Sanders “THAT’S how you catch a football in the NFL. Use that kid as an example to the rest of these guys.” I never forgot that, I thought the Pats would take him. Instead he’s a Lion.

And who didn’t have him ranked above those other WR’s? The fat nerds who wrote the draft magazine your Mom bought you at Rite-Aid or the Detroit Lions? Go back to playing Madden and leave the real deal to the experts, you amateur.

20. By mark on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Ryan. Now the Lions can fill other needs through free agency and
    undrafted rookies such as Darrin Walls (cb) from Notre Dame and Tim Barnes (c) from Missouri

21. By Brandon on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

I’m with you Ryan. Unbelievable draft. I actually kind of feel sorry for opposing QB’s already! And the players taken after Fairley do fit roles that we definately needed filled. Titus is a burner, and the exact same thing was said about DeSean Jackson when he got drafted in the 2nd round (he’s way to small). I’d take half of Jackson’s production and be THRILLED. I’m so frickin pumped right now! Please please please let there be football this year

22. By ned on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

wheres my new lions t-shirt with suh and fairley picture on it entitled “the nasty boys” love the pks atta boy mayhew

23. By Mark on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Well said ryan

24. By Shaun on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

I completely agree Ryan on both the players and he who must not be named. I can not wait to see our D-line on the field. Either Suh or Fairley will be one on one with a blocker.

25. By Rodaja on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Excellent Draft! I believe that the lions coach and manager know a lot more than I do, but what I think I am reading is that the players Detroit has in the areas of need are more along the way than any rookie that was available to them. Also, they may want the league to think they need so many key players for key positions — they put a lot of work in with their corners — how good will they be this year, now that they do not have to learn the system. They can focus on their strengths as a cohesive defence. Mr. Fairley, Suh, Vanden Bosh, Avril Williams, Fluellen, Young, McBride, Jackson these men will write a new history for the lions — I hope they will challenge the offense to be better than they will be in years to come!

26. By SteVo on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

So funny how the guy who watches everything break down from his couch is criticizing draft picks. Young gives us a good slot receiver, someone that defenses are going to have to watch. And, honestly, you think he’s going to stay under 180lbs in a pro training regime? I highly doubt it. If you’re not fully aware, there’s not enough draft picks for 1 team to draft all their weaknesses. Free agency, players on waivers, trades – all valuable assets for filling gaps. Schwartz took players who fit what the coaches want, not what fans who don’t get paid to do that job want.

27. By Tim on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

Troy- Are you kidding me??? Have you watched tape on either Titus Young or Mikel LeShoure?? Titus resembles Desean Jackson, but I think he is more willing to go and get the ball than Jackson. And LeShoure had 1,700 yards rushing against Big Ten Teams!!! How can you say that is not good?? Some had Titus ranked as the 3rd best receiver and Mikel ranked higher than Mark Ingram. I especially like it because it will open up the field with Calvin and Burleson. And Mikel will be a great compliment to Jahvid..

28. By Adrian Mack on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

I really think that the Lions are heading in the right direction they are putting together something great and Coach Schwartz it a great young coach talking this team to places they haven’t been since the Barry Sanders days (my all time favorite) all they need to now is work on that one thing that they have always needed an O-line when they get that (O-Line) THEY WILL GET A RING!!! LET’S GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. By Keith Fernandez on Apr 30, 2011 | Reply

FAIRELY / SUH COMBO!! Reeeeeaally loving it! Our division’s Qb’s will fear facing the LIONS!. I’m thinking of a nickname for these two. I was thinking the “Super Smash Brothers”. What do you think??

30. By Matt on May 1, 2011 | Reply

I’m a lifetime Cowboys fan. Above that though I am a football fan, and I have to say there is really no other team that I can’t wait to see more this year than the Lions. Since “he who should not be named” has left your entire organization is on the rise, and I think this draft speaks volumes about the right decision makers being in place to help lead this team. In my humble opinion the Lions had the best draft – hands down. I was surprised to even read a negative comment on here, you guys are in great shape, plus there is still FA to think about (at some point). Best of luck to you guys this season! Hope Stafford stays healthy, and I look forward to seeing the Lions challenge for the division title!

31. By lionnuts on May 1, 2011 | Reply

Not sure why we didn’t try to get an OT or corner when we traded up. But I know our front 4 will be wicked this year. I say 8-8 if Stafford can stay healthy. Maybe even 9-7! Our D will make the difference. WATCH OUT QB’S! THE RUSH IS ON!!!! GO LIONS!!!!

32. By sbblions on May 1, 2011 | Reply

I think we all need to just sit back and watch, this group that is running the lions has been right far more than not, this is the first time in a long time I have been able to be excited about my team. Just make sure we protect Staffords blind side and watch this kid tear up the league. Our D will be fearless and will make everyone accoss the league take notice.

Knockdown a man Suh will have Failey and awesome success!!!

33. By mark on May 1, 2011 | Reply

Lionnuts that would be a great marketing slogan “The Rush is On”

34. By Jim on May 1, 2011 | Reply

I thought we had a great draft. By taking Nick Fairley I believe we will have the most dominant defensive line in the league. I am however very disappointed that we did not take a OT in the second round. We need to keep Stafford healthy. I am also concerned about our defense past the defensive line. But, now that I have the negativity out of the way. We are drafting better than I can remember the Lions ever drafting. Think about it, in the past few years most of our impact players have come from the draft. I say 8-8 this year, playoffs next year, Super Bowl the year after that. Restore the Roar!

35. By Joe S on May 1, 2011 | Reply

MAN I have to agree with Lionnuts… we really needed to go out and get some OLine help for Stafford. If we want him healthy, we need to protect those glass shoulders of his. Another Running back?? How many do we need? Best will do the job….watch and wait… and another receiver…what is it with our Lions and their love affair with drafting receivers???? CB PRINCE was there and we let him go??? WHY???? I am perplexed… I can be excited about Fairley but I think we needed instant help in the defensive back area…before we got another Suh

36. By JohnnyG on May 1, 2011 | Reply

The forgotten man in all this is Sammie Hill, who last year was coming on strong. Drafting Fairley allows the Lions to get very creative with the front four and gives them a ton of depth. The Lions are now set at DT for the next 5-6 years, which is something we have never said before.

37. By KoryK on May 1, 2011 | Reply

give Herzlich a shot the guy has a lot of hart, and could be a great player we need some depth at LB.

38. By andrew on May 1, 2011 | Reply

Troy,
    Did you play 4 yrs of ncaa? any nfl? didn’t think so. the front office knows a lot more than you.

39. By Drew Hendrix on May 1, 2011 | Reply

very pleased with the acquisitions the lions made. nick fairley, titus young, mikel leshoure, doug hogue, and johnny culbreath…welcome to detroit can’t wait to see what you guys can do!

40. By Marty C on May 1, 2011 | Reply

Another vote to get Herzlich as undrafted free agent. He is a beast and reminds of Spielman. He could start day one!

41. By Chad on May 1, 2011 | Reply

Troy…….Disgusted???? Do you watch football? For one on size, You ever hear of a guy by the name of Deshaun Jackson?? Seems to me he’s doing alright for him self! We drafted him to blow the tops off the def and open it up for Johnson/Burleson/Pettigrew! Nice Pick! Then to jump up and get a workhorse back like Leshoure who’s gonna be a great dou with best! Mark my words that you’ll be eating urs by mid season! Oh and on the CB”s, Petterson was only sure thing! We can get Free Agent that is mature and knows job! Asamugha from Oak is one and he’s the #2 CB in the league! Trust these guys! They’ve given us no reason not to!! GO LIONS!

42. By Barry on May 1, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Troy…….I’m going to have to agree with Chad. Size doesn’t hold much weight (get it????? it’s a size joke) in the NFL these days. LIke Chad brought up, Deshaun Jackson is a good example of that. Also Danny Woodhead is a good example also. Nick Fairley, Suh, Vanden Bosch, and Avril are a BEASTLY defensive front. I must say that I am truly excited for this next season.

43. By mitch on May 2, 2011 | Reply

Troy… you are killing me. shouldnt you be at a packer page kissing rodgers butt? cause you sure are not a lions fan talking like that! this draft was simply awesome same as last year! i love the this new staff! last year the lions could have been 12 and 4 easy if a few plays would have gone this way or that way. but all that is behind us and there are great games ahead! this team looks great. keep matt up right and our 2 young DTs will keep the other guys on theyre backs. it starts up front and ends with big rings! keep it moving guys!!! oh yeah and lets play some football this year!!!! WORK IT OUT. lions love! im out.

44. By Rodney on May 2, 2011 | Reply

troy Must be a green bay fan or something because there is no way you wacth the lions and cant be happy with this draft we had one of the best draft out any of the other teams titus young is a slot rec he’s not suppose to be a hugh guy hes fast and is a deep threat every play the 2nd best play maker besides Johnson

45. By JMac on May 2, 2011 | Reply

I’m with you KoryK. Go after Herzlich. The only problem will be if he signs with the UFL. Even if he does that (and doesn’t get injured) I hope we still pick him up.

GO LIONS!!!

46. By mike on May 2, 2011 | Reply

troy is not a true fan

47. By Thomas on May 2, 2011 | Reply

8-8! are you kidding me? With a flip of a coin we were 10-6 LAST year.

48. By Jon on May 2, 2011 | Reply

I agree with the above comments. We will have an absolutely monsterous defensive line. On the other hand, the secondary and linebacking core does not give me a lot of confidence. In order to make a serious playoff run this year, I think we must add some quality personnel to the secondary and beef up the o-line to give our franchise quarterback a little more protection. If we can protect Matt, he has WEAPONS all around him. Who do you think the Lions we pick up in free agency? I hear Ochocinco is in play, Asomunga?

49. By JeremyB666 on May 2, 2011 | Reply

Great Draft for the Lions. Would have like to see a CB taken early but you cannot pass on Nick Fairley at 13. With a D Line like we now have I could play CB for the Lions. NAH!! Just kidding I would get myself killed! We have solidified the RB, WR, and D Line positions for years to come. The Lions are headed in the right direction. And did I hear Mel Kiper Jr. say that he thinks the Lions will make the playoffs next year?! Why yes I did!!

50. By JeremyB666 on May 2, 2011 | Reply

Come on Jon we do not need Ochocinco.

51. By DetroitDave on May 2, 2011 | Reply

I will tell you all this This was the Best draft the Lions have had in years hell Decades!! Great talent in all picks!! Huge Upside and the DLINE OH F@#$
    QuarterBacks Beware the beast has been caged up for way too long!!!
    Thanks Coach and Mayhew Great FN Job
    i am a die-hard lion fan and have been for 40yrs!!
    i agree with ther post about Barry Sanders
    Barry was the Best pure Running Back the Game has ever seen!!
    Now you see him —Now you dont
    Put a Huge Bronze statue of this Legend posted right in the front of Ford Field
    ohh i more thing RYAN if you are not with us you are against us??
    Maneman
    Detroit Dave

52. By TODD on May 2, 2011 | Reply

Troy I believe there is to many people that believe your way off with your remarks. Mayhew can not be put in same sentence as Millen.He has made great decisions and not let us down. Mel Kiper graded the lions an A for the draft. The lions are the buzzz you need to pay attention and apoligize for lame remarks.Great job on draft can you feel the ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Playoffs baby!!!!

53. By Nutz on May 2, 2011 | Reply

Troy,
    Go back to your couch and eat your cheezies. You probably never played football and don’t know anything about the game at all. Boise might have a weak division but this reciever caught tons of balls. Something that Bryant Johnson or the other boobs can’t do. And in 427 carries and no fumbles for Leshoure, he’ll prove worthy of the jump in the draft. So if you want to whine go on the Vikings site and tell them they suck!!

54. By G$ on May 2, 2011 | Reply

The draft will be a hit, a bust or something in between, just like any other year . Now on to more important matters, getting rid of the godawful black trim on the uniforms. Are we the Detroit Lions or the Carolina Wannabes? Oh yeah, to all you Cosell Einsteins here, the DB’s aren’t the problem, yes they’re young and raw but it’s the coaching staff that has to fix that, it’s the LB corp that is abysmal, Levy has shown he may be above average, Campbell, Carpenter, Circiu, Palmer, Follett, Johnson, Ekejiuba, not a single one are more than special teams wedge busters. Anyone who thinks different goes to Millen fambly reunions. On the OL, Backus may not have become the next Orlando Pace we all hoped for but he’s solid, it’s Raiola that’s the weak link, he tips off the snap with his head bob on almost every play, watch the tape. We were ohfer not so long ago, minimal injuries, a lot of lucky breaks and a healthy QB are needed to reach .500 or a playoff berth. Another offseason addressing the OL and LB’s is needed before we’re legitimate, in the meantime enjoy the young talent, the Schwartz doing the freak on the sidelines and the heartbreak of being a Detroit Lions fan.

55. By goinsboy973 on May 3, 2011 | Reply

The Lions are only going 2 get better. “All things shall pass” as will these tuff years we as Lions Fans & players have witnessed. Each season brings along with it a new hope! …..Damn ppl we won more games last year(6-10) then in what the past 4 or 5 seasons GO LIONS!!!!!

56. By John on May 3, 2011 | Reply

I’m thinking the Lions are gonna win “Fairley – Suh…n”
    THE HEAT IS ON! Good song… Bev hills cop2. lol

57. By Bert on May 3, 2011 | Reply

Nice draft. We selected players that work hard and will make the team. Coaches have done their homework and have still the FA, FTD to pick up additional help. GO LIONS! or GO Home.

58. By Jon on May 3, 2011 | Reply

lol @ jeremy: having an entertaining, top ten receiver can’t hurt. but sure we could manage without him. I’m anxious to see what additions we make from free agency (whenever this silly lockout is done)

59. By nick on May 4, 2011 | Reply

troy u probably believe everything u hear lol u cant rate a player(titus young) by what mel kipper ranked them among other players, his weight, and his combine. this guy will make sooo many plays downfield when calvin is double covered. teams will have to man cover across the board freeing up calvin from doubles.

60. By nick on May 4, 2011 | Reply

troy u believe everything u hear. u cant rate a player by his combine, weight, and how low mel kipper jr ranked him on his board u probably get ur info from someone else lolll listen kid titus young will make sooo many plays downfield when calvins doubled. teams will have to man cover across the board once they realize they cant double calvin anymore. we needed a #2 for the up n coming years anyways

61. By brandon nolan on May 4, 2011 | Reply

troy your an idiot. titus young was projected as the #3 receiver in the draft, did u see any of his film from college>? or do you know anything about our needs? what are our offensive needs? someone to stretch the field yes absolutely! we need some1 to present a deep threat and that is exactly wat titus does he presents a threat down field he can outrun any corner in the league and will have 6+ td’s this year megatron and burleson will benefit huge from this pick, Titus if your reading this blog totally ignore the ignorant people that pretend to be fans of the team when they dont even understand the game of football you fit our offense perfectly as well as mikel and we will compete with greenbay to win th north this year

62. By brandon nolan on May 4, 2011 | Reply

the discreditors of this draft for the lions should really realize what we did here we now have the best d line in football, and potentially the best offense in football, mikel can come out of the backfield even better than sammy did last year and best no longer has his turf toe issues this offense is as potent as can be and to go with prince, or any other over rated dback in the forst or second round would have been dumb thank god we finally have a front office that knows what their doing! great job LIONS im pumped for the next season! all I have to say is lookout Rodgers, cutler and Whoever the soory ass QB minnesato decides to go with and if stafford starts 16 games this year we def make the playoffs

63. By Adam on May 5, 2011 | Reply

Troy, you do not know what you are talking about. I get we have more pressing needs at the moment, but WR was a need as well. Bryant Johnson was almost nonexsistant last year. Young is a great fit for the Lions. Our front office believes in taking the best player available rather than reaching for a position of need. Something we never did in the Millien era. You will eat your words, when this guy is catching 75 passes a year and forcing teams to not double Calvin,

64. By Adam on May 5, 2011 | Reply

And are you guys really complaining about getting another running back??? You have to have more than one back in today’s game. You give me one team other than the vikings and titans that have one RB, and are still successful. These guys are taking such a pounding every season that unless you have more than one guy, your main guy will be washed up within 4 years. Example Shaun Alexander. You guys are a bunch of monday morning quarterbacks

65. By 98 harley on May 5, 2011 | Reply

Honolulu Bruise would be a good name for our defensive line

66. By Erick Young on May 6, 2011 | Reply

I am a die hard cowboys fan. However when the lions got Fairley I cringed. The thought of those to on the same line gives me the hebe gebees. And are you kidding me Titus lined up in slot. No true football fan or player would not be happy about the lions draft. Cowboys will be good this year but the lions are scary. Good luck to yall!

67. By tboyd on May 7, 2011 | Reply

did anyone on this post even watch a lions game last year we had no problems scoring when had problems stoping the other team from scoring aside from fairley the rest of the draft SUCKED

68. By nighttrain on May 9, 2011 | Reply

When coach schwartz first came here we were 0 and 16, you can’t get much worst than that, but look at us now. We are not just out there with the big boys, we are the big boys. Coach, pick whoever you want, I believe you and you have my full support.

69. By BILLO313 on May 9, 2011 | Reply

when the LIONS recieve their SUPERBOWL rings, i wanna buy a replica to be buried with!!! sooooo, i better start getting my ring size fitted!!! ITS OUR TIME. GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!

70. By JBO on May 10, 2011 | Reply

GREAT DRAFT BY THE LIONS.. I ACTUALLY THINK WE COULD DO WITHOUT CLIFF AVIRIL WE HAVE ENOGH DEPTH ALONG THE DEFENSIVE FRONT.. WE CAN TAKE THE MONEY WE WOULD GIVE HIM AND PICK UP A OUTSIDE LINEBACKER AND A DB… AND AS FAR AS THE O LINE WE NEED A SOLID LEFT GUARD AND DEPTH AT THE OTHER POSITIONS.. IF WE CAN ACCOMPLISH THESE THINGS IN THE OFF SEASON I SMELL PLAYOFFS AROUND THE CORNER… U KNOW ITS OUR TIME WE R FINALLY ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.. GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!

71. By TheSonofTheSonofTheSun on May 10, 2011 | Reply

HERZLICH! HERZLICH! HERZLICH! HERZLICH! COME ON EVERYBODY!

72. By southpawlefty on May 10, 2011 | Reply

Mark Herzlich was actually considered first round talent before the bone cancer and now that he has overcome that he will add tremendous heart and leadership to his first round skills the OLB will add adrenalin rush fever alongside Doug Hogue and co. Once free agency is available this guy should be first on the A list with CB Asomunga a consideration

73. By DJames on May 10, 2011 | Reply

We drafted who we drafted can’t whine about it, ‘play with the ones on the bus’, my friends! D-Line will make 2nd and 3rd level players better just by mere presence. They are good enough to hold their own and even make some plays! Now if Mayhew and Schwartz can bring us ASOMUGHA, we’ll be talking about Schwartz as coach of the year in 2012!!!!

74. By DJames on May 10, 2011 | Reply

AND I wouldn’t worry about Titus, he’s got a great attitude and he loves DETROIT!! His skills will translate well in the NFL. All he has to do is take pressure off of Calvin and make some plays for Stafford….thats it!!! we’re not asking him to catch 120 balls!!!!

75. By Tyler....Biggest LIONS fan 4 LIFE on May 11, 2011 | Reply

Well i want to thank our coach Jim Schwartz for giving life back to the lions and helping them mentally know who they are. Also i want to say that I’m JUST satisfied with our picks this year. If i were to guess anything, the lions will definitely make playoffs if they focus and dont make stupid penalties that cost the game. i love the lions with all my heart. All my life i wish they go to the Superbowl, and now i know it wont be long till ITS OUR TURN!!! And when they do i will be in the front row seats all decked out cheering my team on with all i got. I will ALWAYS be a lions fan with PRIDE wherever i go. RESTORE THE ROAR IN DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

76. By Josh on May 16, 2011 | Reply

How about…

If you haven’t been treated FAIRLEY then…
    We’ll SUH ya…

77. By Howard on May 16, 2011 | Reply

Lions front four: RUSH HOUR – 60 minutes of smashmouth, in-your-face, wanna-get-out-of-my-car-and-kill-somebody football!

78. By DJames on May 20, 2011 | Reply

I agree with ‘Richard’…when Suh gets a sack, they should play Johnny Cashs’ ‘A Boy named Sue’ and when the part in the song comes “how do you do” The whole crowd should shout in unison, “HOW-DO-YOU-DO!” Ford Field will go nuts!!! SUH will love it!!

79. By coe on May 21, 2011 | Reply

the idea of drafting the way they did makes perfect sense! y do u need a secondary when the qb’s wont even have time to throw dwn field!they double teamed suh all year with no chance in hell to stop em now we have fairley they cant doeble team em both without letting everyone else go so good job lions! and i watch all lion games lion fan no matter what

80. By russ on May 23, 2011 | Reply

i agree with southpawlefty picks oh by the way i am 41 yr lionfan
    our coach is the best coach the detroit lions have ever had and our general
    manager can and body say russ thomas sorry martin mayhew sure does
    get my attention you two guys ROCK and like some of the fans said
    go lions its our time now suh and fairly the BIG MCNASTYS
    GO LIONS ITS SUPER BOWL OR BUST

81. By William on May 25, 2011 | Reply

i was thinking CB in the draft as well, until Fairley fell in our laps… they drafted very well… whos needs top level CB’s when the aposing team is never going to have time to throw the ball ? lol so looking forward to this season…

82. By Ben on Jun 3, 2011 | Reply

Whoever wants to dump Avril is wrong. He will get double digit sacks this year and some of Suh’s sacks can be directly connected to Avril. I hope we have the team concept cause there won’t be enough balls to go around with all our offensive skill players. I don’t beleive the other teams will be able to send many receivers in the pattern as some will be needed to block to save their QB.

83. By nighttrain1 on Jun 16, 2011 | Reply

HEY Ben, you are right on the money, the lions front four will raise hell in any teams backfield, and that is without blitzing. And beside that the tightends and running back that they leave to block will only get themselves hurt, if 300 pound linemen can’t stop them, I wouldn’t want to be the tailback that’s asked to stop suh or fairley.

84. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Fairley needs to get it together or this will have been the highlight of his time here….SMH.