Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on August 22, 2011 – 5:29 pm

“My shoulder is sore. I’m just working through it, staying in treatment and doing what I can to get back out there as soon as I can. I’m still practicing because keeping up with my conditioning is a big thing. You definitely don’t want to fall behind because, when that first game comes, you get winded out there.

“Camp is just about over and I’m definitely excited. That’s the consensus amongst everybody. We’re starting to watch film for the Patriots to start getting used to our regular season schedule. We don’t get into it too deep –  just watch film once or twice and we don’t really game plan too much. It’s more working on what we do.

“Our offense has looked good our first two games, but we still don’t have everyone on the field. Of course I think about what the offense will be like with everyone available. The biggest thing is making sure everybody’s healthy. You don’t want to lose people here in the preseason. You definitely want to start the season with all your guys. Titus got on the field this week and he’s looking good. He has quick feet and good hands, so once he’s fully healed and ready to go, he’ll be an added weapon.

“We’ve got some talent out there on the field if we can just get everybody out there at the same time. That’s the biggest part is getting to that point where everybody’s healthy and can start the season off the right way. That’s a big goal of ours.

“I’m looking forward to seeing family this weekend. I haven’t seen my mom in awhile – in about a month. I’ve got some friends coming up here, too. I’m not really able to do anything with my parents because we don’t have a lot of time. They are just in and out – they just come up for the games – so we’ll probably go out to dinner on Friday night before we check into the hotel. I look forward to seeing my parents come up for the game.”

Posted in Calvin Johnson Blog | 15 Comments »

15 Responses to “Johnson: ‘I’m just working through it, staying in treatment and doing what I can to get back out there’”

1. By smdb on Aug 22, 2011 | Reply

u should get on yer twitter more cj. haven’t updated it since april ;)

hopefully with yer fam and friends coming up for the game on sat that’ll mean a monster outing for u and a win for the team.

really curious to see where we stack up against one of the best teams in the league. hopefully we can put the boots to em.

go lions =D

2. By Dave Moore on Aug 22, 2011 | Reply

C you are an answer to prayer my friend. We have been waiting so long for our team to be competitive again and you are the biggest reason for that. Thanks man it is fun again. God bless you!

3. By Richard Heyman on Aug 22, 2011 | Reply

Calvin, Are you gonna be in the game against the Patriots? It would be nice to see how our #one do against their #ones. You know the Offense isn’t the same without the Big Guy in there! I hope coach sees the value in keeping Stoval to back you up. I think his being around you and working with you might get an “underachiever” to achieve at the level he is capable of. There is no reason he can’t get 50plus catches this year. You are gonna get at least 110, and most probably 1200yds right? Hey, Burelson came up big at the game Friday night. He had to try to catch balls usually thrown to you from Matt though. Eight years 120 Million???? Whoo is the better receiver? Get your mom a new home in the Detroit area, theres allot of great ones for sale cheap.

4. By chuckken on Aug 22, 2011 | Reply

I think football players today are a bunch of whinning cry babies…Get your pansy ass out there and play!…I am 58 years old and have a better body than anyone on your team…I have never broken a bone or had a pulled this or that…I have been active all my life, so I just don’t understand how a bunch of younger guys can fall apart so easily!…What a bunch of whimps! You better win, or I’ll have to come to Motown and show you all how to play like real men!

5. By Robb Gillies on Aug 23, 2011 | Reply

REALLY?? I mean…really? Dude, just shut up.

6. By James on Aug 23, 2011 | Reply

Since Barry Left, Tailgaiting has always been the funnest part of Game Day, But over the past two years a good thing has been building and building, The next 6 Years should be one Hell of a ride. Good Luck Calvin, Go Lions !!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. By matt d on Aug 23, 2011 | Reply

hey chuckken go back to your GB website… What do u do for a living, cause if its not pro football then quite sure ur opinion on how hard thier job is on the body means nothing.Anyways yes would like to see Clavin play against the pats but would rather see him start week 1 when it counts, heal up boss get rdy for a good run at some playoffs this year :P

8. By chuckken on Aug 23, 2011 | Reply

I’m aie hard Lions fan…born and raised in Detroit. I just wish football players played tough like the good old days. These days, if a player has a hangnail, he’s put on the injured list…It’s pathetic! :(

9. By comitis4561 on Aug 24, 2011 | Reply

chuckken, youre an idiot. If you were REALLY a Lions fan, you would know that Johnson isnt pulling himself out. Its the coaches decision. 2nd of all, its PRESEASON. Did you know the Lions are 12 – 2 in the last 3+ preseasons. We only have 8 wins in the regular seaon the last 3 years. How about we focus on the real games a bit. Congrats that youve never broken a bone, Im sure youve also never been hit by a 300 pound lineman or a safety like Ed Reed taking a shot at ya.

10. By chuckken on Aug 24, 2011 | Reply

comitis4561…No, actually I am not an idiot…YOU ARE!….You are also a homosexual piece of dogsh1t…So shut your teeth before I knock them out. These players are all over paid pansies…Who cry about everything and play way too soft….Real men like me are hard to find these days…Now go back to sucking your thumb…punk!

11. By mschoot24 on Aug 25, 2011 | Reply

How old did you say you are? 58? Act like it then, instead of acting like an immature internet tough guy. How the #@%$ can u call yourself a die hard Lions fan and turn around and call their players over paid pansies?

12. By chuckken on Aug 25, 2011 | Reply

mschoot24 That punk drew first blood…I don’t believe in age…That’s why I look the way I do at 58. I can still bench 400LBs and outrun most 20 year olds
    Don’t tell me about being a Lions fan…I was a True Lions fan when you were still sh1tting yellow…Punk!….I love football. I can’t help it that all the players are pansies…I still like the sport. I know I could play the game very well and TOUGH…even at my age…and I would be out there unless I was in traction…So anyways, just STFU and mind your own dam business! I wish the Lions well and will continue to root for them (even though I’m wasting my time)…It’s too bad…They will probably let me down again with their stubbed toes and hang nails…The little pussies.

13. By Mitch pro on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

sorry i diddnt mean most of that i should have just said. the best nfl team in your day would get destroyed by the worst nfl team of today! you will disagree with this statment and say BS, but that is your pride. but dont be discuraged everything is better today. cars trains planes brains and football! dont worry i believe in reincarnation so you will be up to date soon! you said 58? with an attitude like yours very soon! then you can restore the roar in your pride of today and not the rotting decay of yesterday… oh crap i am being mean again… w/e i love you chuck and i pray for a swift rebirth hopefully coach GOD rebuilds like coach shwarts rebuilt the lions! into something we can belive in!

14. By mschoot24 on Aug 27, 2011 | Reply

happy trolling

15. By Caleb Zickafoose on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Dear Calvin,

keep up the good work, show the corner who is boss…… and nock maryweather on his behind