Suh: “I’m here to cause you problems and meet your quarterback.”

Posted by Tara Altman on September 7, 2011 – 4:25 pm

“I’m definitely excited for the season to be here. We’re now four days away from our first game. I thought the preseason was a tremendous tease.

“For me to be able to play on September 11, the ten-year anniversary and be a big part of this game, and really just to be in the NFL, not a lot of guys get to do that. That’s something that I’ll be able to tell my kids and be proud of.

“Tampa has a great running game that’s headed up by LaGarrette Blount. He’s a tough, physical, downhill type of running back that’s athletic enough to make you miss and at the same time separate you from guys in the open field. He’s somebody that we’re going to have to reckon with and with that you have a great tight end and wide receiver corps that they have with a strong quarterback behind them. (Josh) Freeman is a good friend of mine and has a very strong arm, he likes to get the ball down the field. He’s a guy that likes to extend plays, get outside the pocket, especially when he’s rolling out to his right. He makes a lot of big plays throwing across his body and throwing down the field. At the same time he can use his feet to make big plays as well.

“I have this feeling that when we go into games, especially those preseason games, that teams respect us and know that we’re going after them; but as soon as the bullets start flying and we are actually hitting them is when the tables turn and it all really goes down south. I think the biggest expression of that was when we played the Patriots at home. They definitely respected us, knowing what we had last year, but when we had a chance to really let it all loose and put them in tough situations, thanks to our offense doing what they’re supposed to do and our back end playing as well as they did, it allowed us up front to just be able to reek havoc, put them in difficult situations and hit (Tom) Brady multiple times.

“I feel a lot more comfortable going into this year, and not because I didn’t know the scheme last year, but because I know the way that we need to play as a defense. Really the defense and the scheme and the things that we do on a daily basis – our base fronts, all of those different things – I don’t have to think about, they’re second nature to me and allow me to do whatever I want in the realms of our defense. It’s fun to be in that type of position and be able to play fast and not think.

“I’m not a talker on the field, but if you say something to me, I may say something back to you or I may ignore you. It’s funny because a lot of guys usually come up and say something to me like right before, something like ‘Have a good game,’ or whatever, and I just ignore it. I’m not here to meet friends. I’m here to cause you problems and meet your quarterback. I’ll shake his hand when I’m hitting him.”

Posted in Ndamukong Suh Blog | 68 Comments »

68 Responses to “Suh: “I’m here to cause you problems and meet your quarterback.””

1. By 4twenty4 on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

That’s what I’m talking about, Suh. Give credit where credit is deserved and don’t back down, keep it real, MAN!!!

2. By shane ( suh number 1 fan ) lemcool on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

SUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH TRAIN …. son u are gonna wreak havoc this season sooo excited for u to come to texas and whoop some cowboys butts will be watching u on the box but one the less i will be watching u create nightmares in the blue i recently heard the front four referred to by a past defense nick name and oi thought ya know it makes sa=ense but no these youngsters deserve a name that makes u think twice that wehn u hear it .. makes u studder step a name like terror squad .. the brain scramblers something suggetsive and maybe a little sadistic and dont think we dont see u foaming at the mout ndam ur a beast son and u are bring us to the promised and tams will respect u QBS will fear u and u will show the leageu why the pride is back in detroit …. ha ha thats it TERROR PRIDE get liosn move in packs but are referred to as prides :) have a great season we are watching

3. By Jonas Turner on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

“I’m not here to meet friends. I’m here to cause you problems and meet your quarterback. I’ll shake his hand when I’m hitting him.”

lol nice!! I like this. I am SO excited for this year…I can feel the excitement everywhere. I can feel that the team is going to tear it up. I can feel like no one is going to see them coming until it’s playoff time…and then they won’t know what hit ‘em.

I feel like Schwartz has been creating this master of a team, and now he is about to strike. And boy will he strike!!! Go Lions baby!!!

4. By Luke on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

Suh is a beast, I love his tenacity and attitude toward the game!

5. By Jessica on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

Fantastic! Can’t wait to see how many
    “handshakes” he has this season! Go Lions!

6. By Jon on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

i’m sick of being disappointed by the Lions, but I still have faith. Tear it up boys!

7. By GMoney67 on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

“I’m here to meet your quarterback” Sounds like a game day T-shirt to me! Bring the pain!!

8. By Luis on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

Suh is simply a hungry Lion that is hunting for Quarterback.

9. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

The Bucks are waiting for us. They have a grudge and they want to even the score. Be ready for a tough game.

10. By PACLOLO on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

I CANT WAIT TO SEE US PUT THA WHOOPIN ON TEAMS THIS YEAR!. I’M SO PUMPED I MADE UH THEME SONG FOR THA TEAM AND US FANS “PRIDES ANTHEM” http://pac-lolo.bandcamp.com/releases CHECK IT OUT!!! DOWNLOAD THA SONG FOR FREE… AND SPREAD THA WERD! GO LIONNSSS! BUMP IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF! FEEL ME?

11. By Damon on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

It’s time open a can of W#@#$ A$# And show the rest of the world you can’t mess with the DETROIT LIONS!!!! Let’s Roar!!!!!!!!

12. By chuckken on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

Suh…Glad to have you on my team. Been waiting 40 years for the Lions to have a good team and go deep into the play-offs. (or beyond) When training in the gym, I pretend I’m an army tank…lol! You guys do the same!…You’re an Army tank! and army tanks don’t think, they don’t talk, they just DRIVE! They drive over trees, they drive through walls, they drive uphill, downhill, it doesn’t matter, THEY JUST DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRIVE OVER THE OTHER TEAMS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Chuckken

13. By Lilo Gil on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

Blessed to be a Die hArd LIONS fan 2 the fullest 4 ever. We are turning heads this season. TO ALL THE LION PLAYERS AND MY FAMILY OF FANS, LET’S DO THIS BABY.

14. By Marcus on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

Suh you are a beast watch out for cheap shots!

15. By Bob on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

How do you do?
    My Name is SUH!
    Now you gonna die.

16. By the natural on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

I CANT WAIT/ I CANT WAIT/ I CANT WAIT/
    I V BEEN WAITING OVER 40YRS FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN THE LIONS ARE GOING TO SHOW THE COUNTRY THERE FORREAL THE RORE IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOWBOUT NEW TEE SHIRTS .
    THE SILVER CRUSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. By Bob on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

for you youngsters,that’s a line
    from a johnny cash song, a boy named sue.

18. By Marcus on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

I was just watching some Barry Sanders and I can’t believe how he did grown men the game was too easy and got boring too him truely the Micheal Jordan of football haven’t seen nothing like him yet a freak of nature WOW! I want to cry watching hime run.

19. By Manny on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

We’ll see how good the Lions really are when A Rod and his Packers come to the D. That I think will be a test for all of us…

20. By Richard on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

The Lions should do what Nolan Ryan did with the Texas Ranger a couple of years ago. Since the weather will be hot and humid, each player gets I.V. Saline before the game. That should help reduce muscle cramping and ensure proper hydration prior to the game.

21. By smdb on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

matt ‘the surgeon’ stafford

my name is suh. how do YOU do?

lions by at least 2 scores on sun and surgeon with at least 2 tds.

35 – 14 lions :)

22. By john on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

Like our coach, the coaching staff, and the team generally, Suh is not only skillful: he’s mature and smart: why didn’t Millen/Marinelli ever think about that combination in the players they went after? (Probably because they’re neither.)

23. By All-Things-Detroit on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

CRUSH – KILL – DESTROY !!!! Let’s Get it, LIONS!!! :D

24. By Casey on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply

I think Suh would tackle his mom if she was trying to throw on his defense.

25. By eric on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

We play in the toughest division no doubt about that..We want this schedule..bring it!! Every Qb we face this year will have 2 stare at that rush..I saw the 100 greatest the big guy from Baltimore is good..But Suh is changing the game!! Nuff said..Remember Jordan came in the NBA ..?? Suh will be and is the NFLs version of that..A Super Nova once in a lifetime kinda player..When he got here everything changed..THANK U Mayhew u know how 2 pick em…The Whole City is with u guys..! 16 and 0….

26. By 3dphoto on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

I just can’t wait to see opposing QB’s in the 4th qtrs once we get all of the D’line rotating in, I think we are going to have a lot of wins coming in the 4th qtr

27. By Anthony Benson on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

WOW!!!!! R U READY 4 SUM FOOTBALL?

28. By 1000% lions fan on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

i have been a lions fan since i saw barrysanders iam 33 so that makes 23 yearsof bein proud to b a lions fan suh megatron stafford best & that front four go lions ! be aware of the roar

29. By 1000% lions fan on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

its time for lions fan to stand up and roar cause we r here and other teams better take notes ! cause the o line men r scared here we come baby hawian blue and silver

30. By 1000% lions fan on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

suh stafford megatron best do i need to say more

31. By Oldcat on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

As of recent the Lions have played great but wilted in the final minutes die to lack of depth. They ran out of gas when they needed it most. Last year the Lions were referred to as “the best 56 minute team in football”. It’s doubtful that the Lions have fully corrected that problem, but they appear to have made some strides to improve the quality of their depth. This season should provide Mayhew and Schwartz with the information they need to finally put the key pieces together and become the team Lions’ fans have dreamed of for decades. Imagine a team full of players with Suh-like attitudes and dominance. This will be the season to prove to the world that the Lions are for real and are on the brink of greatness.

32. By andrew on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

Mr. Suh, I know that you will cause Tampa Bay difficulties all day long. This game, do it for the team, Lions fans, but most importantly, do it for the victims of 9/11 and their families. GO LIONS AND USA!

33. By corey aukerman on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

I LOVE IT ITS THAT DETROIT SPORTS MENTALITY IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS AND THEN SHAKE YOUR HANDS LATER,,,EXAMPLES JACK MORRIS, ZEKE AND LAMBEER, GIBBY AND GORDY AND THE WINGS AND NOW THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE…..ITS GREAT BEING A LIONS FAN
    GO LIONS AND GO SUH

34. By Kalvin Nelson on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

Hi all you great lions fans.Im excited to, and going to frist home game. For all my lions fans if you havent seen it yet I costumize a lions golf cart and trailer that took me 3 years and a lot of money to have done,and I love to share it with all you lions fans. I take it to the eastern market,where we tailgate if you want to see it. If you cant make it I will send you pic,email me at no1lionsfan@aol.com,My name is Kalvin from battle creek mi. Thanks all and GO LIONS THE LIONMAN P>S The blue crew bad news for you lions DDD

35. By Robert on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

suh-nami you are a beast and love love love you’re attitude you have braught something to this town and all lions fans that we have never seen before in football a feared pass rusher the last time the lions played tampa bay there offense was jumping all about because they feared you so much i dont remember how many false starts they had but i know it was because of you thank you so much for helping restore the ROAR in the D ….ride the wave boys cuz the earthquake from last season has caused a SUH-NAMI …GO LIONS!!!!!

36. By Kalvin Nelson on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

ILL change it a little/ The blue crew bad news for you ,we got SUE lions D.

37. By Kalvin Nelson on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

Sorry about the E it sould have been a H In suh da/

38. By Kalvin Nelson on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

I got it ,i got it/ The silver and blue and batman Suh to bad for you so what cha gona do? the lions grew.

39. By Kalvin Nelson on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

change the g in grew to a c,i didn’t say I was the smartest lion in the den.

40. By Black Wolf Standing on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

“I’m here to … meet your quarterback. I’ll shake his hand when I’m hitting him.”

It would just burn other teams if Suh always offered his hand to help the opposing QB up after sacks. That I would like to see.

41. By Motlee92 on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

a boy named SUH!!! Thats why he so mean!

42. By Steve from Toledo on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

I like the Honolulu Blue Crew. Best Line in football, especially if Fairley produces. Which all the Lions luck on a new year. Go LIONS!

43. By Steve from Toledo on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

Wish not which sorry

44. By NewHome Atlanta on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

I have been down here since 1997. Never lost my LION Pride. This year is going to be great. The LIons are KNOCKING

45. By Schmedly71 on Sep 9, 2011 | Reply

It has been so long since I can say that we have a team with a real chance to make some serious noise. I hope that the fans show up at our home games and we don’t have a mass import come from Chicago and Green Bay for those two games. I’m sick of sitting in Ford Field and prior to that the Silverdome and feel like I’m the visiting fan. Come on boys pay back time to Chicago, Green Bay, and Minnesota! It has been so long and the pain runs deep. Just for once I want to see those cocky people leave and have the long drive home.

46. By kalvin nelson on Sep 9, 2011 | Reply

The silver and blue and batman suh so what cha think your gonna do to the lions crew? not a darn thing///////GO LIONS GO

47. By Jared on Sep 9, 2011 | Reply

SUHHH! I am buying 1 #90 jersey for ever player/QB you knock out this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you in Dallas and New Orleans!!

48. By nighttrain1 on Sep 9, 2011 | Reply

I’m here to cause you problems and meet your quarterback, that should go down as one of the all-time greatest football lines. seek and destroy, It’s ‘quarterback hunting season and the Lions should get a whole bunch of trophy’s go lions!!!

49. By Joe K on Sep 9, 2011 | Reply

That’s right Big Boyeeee!! Disrupt their gameplan and be menacing! You have a tough challenge, but you will overcome!

Go Lions & Go Suh!!

50. By Tony W on Sep 9, 2011 | Reply

Julius Peppers was signed by our rivals the Bears to cause mayhem and destroy quarterbacks. Look what he did to our quarterback Matthew Stafford and the damage it done to our season last year. Julius Peppers met Stafford because he overpowered LT Backus. Now Ndamukung Suh was drafted to do he exact same thing except do it better and more often. There were 5 games that we gave away last season but we will win those games this season. The Lions will finish 12-4 a get a 1st round bye for the playoffs.

51. By DertoitRaised on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

For All My True Lions Fans Out There#One Love

52. By Tom on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I have been a Lions fan for 45 years-i have never been this excited about the Lions than i am this year-There were alot of great years with Barry and crew-they really had a decent team in the 90’s but always seemed to be a player or two short of taking them to the promise land-Now the pieces of the puzzle are finallly fitting together and the anticipation of the coming year is great. Suh is a beast and there will be no one that can stop him one-on-one and that is going to create havoc in the backfield of opposing teams-Everyone has had a good laugh at us the past couple of years and finally the tables will be turned. And just wait till Fairley is next to Suh-that is scary!!!!!!GO LIONS and bring the roar back-Its payback time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53. By lorenzo on Sep 10, 2011 | Reply

I’d Buy 16 Jerseys Fer ReaL…that would be 16games!!..Him and tha rest of tha Line Gon Lead tha League in sacKz!..

54. By bricky20 on Sep 11, 2011 | Reply

Finally the Lions have a identity ! Every great team has had, and has an identity today … After the decades of suffering with clowns on defense, we can sit in our recliners and watch what I believe is the next greatest player in NFL history (Suh), and his fellow destoryer’s along the defensive line!!! Attack, kill the QB, disrupt the offense, wreak havoc, instill fear !!! That’s right Lions fans, we are witnessing what I thought would never happen, the Lions have earned respect by the entire NFL ! Any team comming into our house is going home beat up and unhappy ! God, it feels good to have a credible NFL franchise ! Thank you Suh, and the rest of the young Lions for turning the page of the past circus acts, and bringing pride back to a historic team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55. By Husker4ever on Sep 12, 2011 | Reply

Suh we miss you here in Husker land! You are an amazing person in every way. I have never been a pro football fan until Suh, he is just incredible to watch & we miss the heck out of him in Lincoln. Have a great season & I will be cheering the Lions in my Suh jersey from Lincoln every Sunday!

56. By Stephen on Sep 13, 2011 | Reply

I became a lions fan on Thanksgiving Day 2010when saw the fit that they gave the patriot’s. i am a part of the Lions Den now

57. By 1000% lions fan on Sep 13, 2011 | Reply

we did slow down against tampabay but we got the w so thats all that matters ! one game one win go lions keep the roar alive & b proud of the hawain blue and silver

58. By Stealth on Sep 13, 2011 | Reply

Sammie Hill required constant “double – teaming” game after game the year before Suh came and re-wrote the book on “Defensive Intimidation 101 “. You know what Kyle V can do with his Veteran Psyco – Savvy.And now introducing Suh’s “Body – Double”/ College National Title MVP Nick Fairly !!!! Now imagine what NFL Quarterbacks will be looking down the barrel of when Coach Schwartz decides to line up these 4 at the same time !!! SUH , SAMMIE , NICK , PSYCHO KYLE V !! With Bullough and Delmas free to roam and WREAK HAVOC !!

59. By Terence Thomas on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

Man They need to stop crying we are crushing qb this year period

60. By The loyalist fan on Sep 14, 2011 | Reply

What a feeling! A guy like suh can and has infected the whole team. I see the motor city hit squad propelling the us to levels we have never experienced before. What a feeling!!!!!

61. By Lions Roarr on Sep 15, 2011 | Reply

Wow Nick And Suh

62. By nighttrain1 on Sep 15, 2011 | Reply

bricky20, I agree with everything that you wrote, the past lion teams was full of old players that dominated nobody anymore, the only team that wanted them was the lions because they used to have a big name and they came cheap, but they made us and the entire state of michigan laughing stock for decades. Now, finally, thanks to Mayhew and Schwartz we have a team that we can be proud of. A offense that can score on anybody, and a defense that can stop anybody. That is what good teams do, so that makes us a good team. teams cannot look at us as a easy win anymore, now they are going against the big boys, and they hope the Lions front four don’t hurt their quarterback.

63. By SSgt Toro on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Suh,
    First off I would like to thank you for what you & the Lions have done for my home state. Currently I’m stationed on a Navy Vessel in an undisclosed location, so I don’t get to see too many games. I watch the games that AFN gives us & watch the ticker & log on to see the stats online. I was raised in Monroe, MI (25 miles south of Detroit) & have waited for this to happen for years. I left MI for the Marines 14 years ago, but I still support only my MI teams. I was even fan in 2008 & wore my jersey (Calvin Johnson) faithfully every Monday despite getting harassed for it. No one is laughing anymore. You, Stafford, Johnson, & the rest of the Lions have lifted up a state & more importantly a city, which needed to see something go right for once. Yes we have the Red Wings, but they are expected to do good. The Lions took a dismal team of individuals & made a team that showed that they are true Detroiters. The city that built an empire with blood, sweat, & tears. I firmly believe that you were the missing link on a decent Detroit Lions squad. You brought a spark that started a wildfire on that team. I can’t imagine what will happen when Nick Fairley finally joins you.Thank you from all of the loyal Detroit fans in the world & especially all that are on this mighty ship Bataan, which there are quite a few out here. We are all hoping to see you go deep in the play offs & we will always be cheering for the team that no one saw coming. Semper Fidelis is our motto in the Marines & it applies to a lot of Lions fans out there & that never gave up on all of you. It means Always Faithful. Thank you again & keep sending the pain!

64. By Eddie Hiller on Nov 1, 2011 | Reply

I am Tired of hearing other teams complain about how are defense plays and trash talk. All the other teams around the league when they play us do the same thing. The other teams who used to beat us all time they do not like it now that we are beating them

65. By tommy on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

suh,
    in regards to the many people calling u out as a dirty player and the detriot lions as a dirty team on behalf of all of detriot i would like to thank-you. as detrioters we all live with and listen to negative comments about our city on a daily basis..let em talk suh this is detriot a blue collar blood sweat n tears city. we got ur back and thank you for finally bringing detriot and its attitude to the nfl football feild you are what we needed and what lions fans have been waiting years for dont change a thing ur doing detriot fans wont let u fall

66. By datingin on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be on the internet the easiest factor to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked even as people think about issues that they plainly don’t realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

67. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

I can’t wait for this season!!! Super Bowl here we come! GO LIONS!!!

68. By Wilfred on Apr 10, 2013 | Reply

I don’t leave a response, but after looking at through a few of the comments on Detroitlions.com Blog | Suh: Im here to cause you problems and meet your quarterback.. I do have some questions for you if it’s okay.
    Could it be simply me or do some of these comments look like they are left by
    brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting at other
    social sites, I would like to keep up with you. Could you list of all of
    your social sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter
    feed?