Posted by Tara Altman on September 28, 2011 – 3:42 pm

“The game at Minnesota was highly boring in the first half. We did not play up to ourstandards and I was a little disappointed about that, but proud of the way that we came back and finished it. It was something that really allowed us to show the fans and the league that we’re never going to roll over. It showed the heart that we have knowing that we had it in ourselves, we just had to take it one play at a time and get it done.

“It goes back to that same thing that I said when we were down in Tampa. In that first defensive series, they had the kickoff return back to the 30-yard line and no one was really concerned. We just went out there and played and held them to a field goal like we should have and took the game over from there.

“The Dallas offense definitely has a big passing attack. Then Felix Jones is a guy that I know personally and he is definitely a tough runner. He looks very small, but he has a big engine and he can definitely play to hurt you. We always go into every game wanting to stop the run, make them a one-dimensional team and get after their quarterback, because if their quarterback can’t throw the ball, those wide receivers and Jason Witten, the you ng guy Dez Bryant, they’re null and voided if he can’t get the ball to them.

“I really don’t care about Romo’s injury, that’s his own problem. If I hit it, I hit it, if I don’t, I don’t. As long as I’m disrupting him and making him feel uncomfortable and worried about where I’m at, then I’m doing my job.”

“Their offensive line is a lot different from what they had last year. They had a lot of big, heavy, strong guys. This year, they only have two guys returning with Doug Free and Kyle Kosier, who I’m actually going against. Then they have two rookies and I think a second-year guy at center. It’s something that they have to continue to work at together and it will be a learning curve for them, as well as for us to watch film and figure out what they’re doing and see what their weaknesses are.

“I’ve played at Cowboys Stadium twice before. We played there last year and I played there as a senior in college, it’s a beautiful stadium, I like playing in there, but for my own sake, I need to come out of that stadium with a win. I’m tired of coming out of that stadium with a loss after a good game.

“I think the key to this game is starting fast and to not have to have a comeback game. I think this will end up being a close game in some respect, but I feel that we also have an opportunity to not make it close; it’s just a matter of whether we want to do that or not.”

Tags: ,
Posted in Ndamukong Suh Blog | 15 Comments »

15 Responses to “Suh: “As long as I’m disrupting him and making him feel uncomfortable, I’m doing my job.””

1. By smdb on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

agreed big suh. time to finally start firing on all cylinders right out of the gate and show the rest of the world that WE ARE THE BIG D now =D

2. By JDeJongh on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Suh has the best view point and attitude about the Lions and his role as a player. I always enjoy reading his comments. 100% professional.

3. By LYDELL on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Whatz-up Suh!
    First, let me say congrats to the team effort that got us a third consecutive win in Minnisota. And, thank you personally for restoring the roar, ferosiousness,fear and respectibility to our defence that has received national attention(d-fans love that!). Moreover, in addressing your comment about coming out of Texas this time with a win. I say GOD-SPEED! And may it be even as you have spoken! Inasmuch, from my perspective on this game with ‘Dal-last’ I dont view it as over bearingly a phisical war, as much as I conceive it to be a game of very subtile, and careful scheming. Meaning, this game will come down to how well our ‘OC’&’dc’ out-wits them in game scheme for you guys to be successful! Also, I think that Dal-last is not ready or expects us to raviously go after TURNOVERS inwhich we should cause plenty! Furthermore, let me express how as an unwavering fan I think that although it is a long season, there is nothing wrong with thinking/speaking/acting like our undefeated record (11-0) indicates. That is from this fans view that we are the CHAMPS now until somebody knocks us off! In essence, I dont think (gb) got there’s thinking/acting any other way! I am overly proud of this team and its achievements thus far. And my expectations/belief/faith is that we wont face or even taste defeat until we have solitified/ estalblished our intended goals. In the meanwhile, its one by one proving all opposition WRONG! (Lions 4ever)

4. By Lawrence on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Can’t wait for the game. Taking my son for his first pro NFL game and can’t wait to see Romo flat on his back.

5. By Don on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

It was Great to watch this Defence Step up and hold the Vikings down and not letting thier offense run away with the second half of the game.
    I know that Schwartz has allready given a name for that defencive front four.
    But, I heard one that has just stuck with me even though I read it somewhere in one of the blogs that have been writen about you Men.
    And it is ” The Roarsome Foursome” And I love it and the way it sounds!
    And I believe that it is a great description of you guy’s!
    But, then thinking about the Fact that with this Great Line is the Fact that this TEAM is changing up and actually using eight and soon to be Nine Men, differant Men, at times during the Games..
    That means we will have to come up with another saying.
    The ” Everready Eightmen”? The “Notorious Nine” ?
    Well I am sure that we will think of something.
    For Now ALL I can say is ” I LOVE this DETROIT DEFENCE”!
    GO LIONS!

6. By Mitch in Michigan on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Nice points, Suh! Keep up the intensity! We all have your back! Oh, and commenters…. the word is defense, not defence. Lord have mercy…

7. By Oldcat on Sep 29, 2011 | Reply

Everyone still keeps talking about poor Tony Ohno… I mean Romo… and his gutsy performance after “puncturing” a lung. Well that’s crap. He may have got a collapsed lung, which is understandable and actually not that big a deal (thus his ability to play the next week). However, a punctured lung is serious, and he wouldn’t have been able to play for a few weeks at best. He never would have been able to go back out and finish that game. At any rate, the ribs must still be pretty sore, but novacaine shots allow him to without much discomfort. So Suh my man, feel free to plant Ohno… I mean Romo… in the turf. He won’t mind.

8. By BOWHUNTER54 on Sep 29, 2011 | Reply

I have been waiting over 40 years for this team to come together on all sides of the ball…I don’t know why Dallas is called America’s team, I never thought they were, and I haven’t talked to one person that thinks they are…I have never been to a Lion’s game physically, but I am there in mind and spirit…I have the NFL Ticket, so I pay for that, so I can watch My Team…Romo, is not that great of a Quarterback, in my eyes…Stafford seems to be fired up going back to his old stomping grounds, then add Suh’s comments how he really wants a win, and then add all of Detroit’s weapons…I would be very surprised to see the Lions lose this one…Go Lions!! Kick Butt!!!

9. By Nate on Sep 30, 2011 | Reply

This has been a very long week and i’m trying best i can to patiently wait for this game against Dallas. You guys look great!!! Tell coach to stand you guys up against the offense like you did with New England last year. Confuse the blocking and get Romo on his back :)
    I have a small favor though, once you get Romo on his back this week do the lion crawl that you did when you tackled green-hillis in the backfield during the new england game. I’ll be watching haha
    GO LIONSSSS!!!! I’ll be at ford field against the Bears

10. By Rick on Sep 30, 2011 | Reply

I really love this mentality;

“I really don’t care about Romo’s injury, that’s his own problem. If I hit it, I hit it, if I don’t, I don’t”…

this is how a weapon would think.

11. By nighttrain1 on Sep 30, 2011 | Reply

I am a die-hard Lion fan, and even tho I don’t expect many people to agree with me, I have to say that I honestly DO NOT SEE anybody beating them this year. A healthy Stafford throwing darts to everybody, a defense that can stop anybody, who can stop the Lions??? Green Bay? each of their games has been a shoot-out, they haven’t stopped anybody. There is no great packer defense. I predict that the Lions will steamroll the Packers in both games. The defense come to play, but a healthy Stafford is the key.

12. By Rich on Oct 1, 2011 | Reply

Suh
    I am one of the many who yell your name at home games. We love ya.

13. By craig casto life long lion fan on Oct 1, 2011 | Reply

GOOD LUCK IN DALLAS KICK SOME ROMO BUTT!!! THEY MIGHT BE AMERICAS TEAM BUT YOU GUYS ARE THE MOTOR CITYS TEAM.

14. By Ray on Oct 1, 2011 | Reply

SUHHHHHHHHHHH! And that is the only chant you can feel vibrating though the grounds of Ford Field. This team has been playing phenomenal and I don’t see why the Lions can’t go 16-0. I live in detroit, and I have been waiting for this moment since the presence of Barry Sanders. I know the media doesn’t believe in 16-0, BUT US DETROIT FANS BELIEVE IT! I am currently the Cottage Inn Pizza owner @ Farmington Hills and I live less then a mile from your training facility. If this team can bring this city another W home, then I am more then happy to feed our hungry lions lunch on me. GO LIONS!!!

15. By Husker4ever on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Missing you in Lincoln Ne!. You are an amazing player but more important you are a great role model for kids. Have a great game & just know Husker Nation will always be cheering for you! Go greet your quarterback today & make sure he remembers it!! Go Suh!!!!!!!!