Suh: ‘You just get your job done and come out as winners.’

Posted by Tara Altman on October 6, 2011 – 4:16 pm

“Dallas was definitely a wacky win, but something that we will definitely take and I’m glad that we can learn from it on the winning end. We would rather it not be that way, but I was definitely excited with how we banded together, locked arms and got things done. With that, I definitely had a good smile after that game because I finally got a win in Cowboys Stadium and the great thing about it is that I didn’t have a good game, I didn’t play my best, but that’s the type of team that we have. Nobody really has to play outside the box to get a win, you just get your job done and come out as winners.

“I noticed early when the schedule came out that we were on the road for the first quarter of our season and we’ll be able to come home the second quarter and hopefully sew up a lot of wins. It will be good to hear our crowd when we get into these homes games. Monday Night Football is a great way to start, being our first one back since playing Kansas City and I’m definitely looking forward to that atmosphere.

“I definitely think the Bears are going to try to run the ball, and they’re smart for that. They probably know that crowd noise is going to have a big effect for Jay Cutler to be in passing situations, but they can be in pretty solid run situations and run downhill. We understand as a defense; we go into every single game wanting to shut down the run and make them a one-dimensional team. Our crowd can put that much more into the noise factor and get them into passing situations where we can go back there, hit Cutler and get a lot of sacks.

“They definitely have some big weapons. (Matt) Forte, (Devin) Hester and you can’t forget Cutler. What a lot of people don’t know is that he creates a lot of plays with his feet and he can hurt you if you let him out of the pocket, as well as with his arm. We just need to be able to contain those guys and having gone against them already, having a good feel for them – though this is the first time this year – we have great film to watch of them and have a great feel for the type of players that they have.

“But you always have guys that pop up in the game that you may not have noticed too much in the past. Watching film you can see that these are some of the guys that can step up. It will be very interesting to see who steps up in that tight end role for them because I know that was a big part of their scheme last year with (Greg) Olsen, and they don’t have him again, but they have three tight ends in there and they obviously expect one of them to step up, if not a couple of them.”

Tags: ,
Posted in Ndamukong Suh Blog | 47 Comments »

47 Responses to “Suh: ‘You just get your job done and come out as winners.’”

1. By Oldcat on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

Suh, I think you’re right about what the home crowd will do to help out. Hopefully this stint of home games will help you guys get off to faster starts and that you’ll start getting more pressure on the Qb’s. I’m actually expecting several hits on Cutler and a minimum of three or four sacks. If you’re determined enough I’m sure you’ll make it happen. And hopefully Fairley will complement you so that both of you will be unstoppable together. Your attitude and determination has already made everyone around you better. I expect you’ll do the same for big Nick. It’s time to start having your way on the field, Suh. We fans have the faith you’ll make it happen!

2. By Cali Packers fan on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

And you gus talk smack about Packers fans talkin’ like we play for the team. “Suh, I think you’re right…you’ll start getting more pressure….Fairly will complement you….” Take a look at you own fans before talkin’ smack. Oldpuss, nice work.

3. By smdb on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

hey packers fan gtfo and go back to your own team’s site if u don’t like what we have to say.

no stupid penalties this week suh. keep your head up and your hands low when u get to cutler.

we got this go lions =D

4. By kevin on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

what is this packers fan even doing in here???? Dont try switching teams now. Oldcat is probably an oldschool lions fan like we all are. We are all like 15+ yr fans dedicated, loyal . Be afraid, Be very afraid.

5. By TDT on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

Hey Suh, I think that we started a little slow but came on strong later in the game. The sacks will definately come. We just have to be strong both halves of the game. Two weeks in a row we’ve started like this but finished tough. The same has been on offense also. They have to come out and make statements that they are going to possess their land. And that’s by taking it by force. Got to get that run game happening! Your biggest job with the Bears will be to stop the run, but I believe that our defense will be posing it will upon their O-line and that will make the difference but at the same time our offensive line must stress the same determination that our defense maintain to make it happen. I’m confident that we will get the win!!! GO LIONS!!!

6. By Sanfran sissy packer fan on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

Hugs & Kisses all around. Heart felt work smdb. And no STUPID penalties Sue!!
    Hey lions fans, Suhk it!!! :-o

7. By Sanfran sissy packer fan on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

Fascinating!!! :-)

8. By robert howard on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

I am so excited for this team. It has been a long time coming that’s for sure! Way to go front office compiling so much young talent with a sprinkle of veteran leadership. Suh you just keep on playing your game and we got your back. We think you are a wonderful young man, play hard and do not change your game…. We love the the way you play and if the outsiders say you play “DIRTY” then they need to learn the game. Football is not golf, this is a vicious game and we enjoy watching the offense squirm when you get off the ball.

9. By Dave on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

I think I remember Mel KIper saying on draft day, after we got Nick Fairly, that the Detroit Lions defensive will be……..FEARED !!!!
    Go get ‘em Lions !! Make it happen !!!!

10. By Dave on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

defensive LINE

11. By Calvin Woodland on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

Hey Detroit Lions players and coaches,
    I know you guys will be pumped Monday night, as well as the crowd. You’ll need to play under control. Being too pumped can work against you. To prevent that from happening make sure you work up a real real good sweat during your pre-game workout. When you return from the locker room you’ll be well focused, tension free and clear headed. BTW, you’ll still have eleven games after this one.

12. By Jared on Oct 6, 2011 | Reply

Cali Packers Fan is just a bandwagon who jumps aboard the best team in the league and doesnt have a real connection with his team, therefore trying to put down real fans makes him feel better about himself.

13. By LYDELL on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

SUP, NDAM’
    Congrats of course on the win and all the ackalades the team / individual performances have earned thus far! Moreover, I think that your observations of the Monday night game is pretty dead-on. In adding to your points made, let me say that when a team especially a divisional rival has lost respect for you as a potential lost. That next game against them is the best occasion to bring out, and definitely look to instill major fear! Personally, I think that the ‘berry-cubbz’ from past domination of us has never truely viewed us as a lagitimate threat to themselves!
    With that being said, In my view chicago’s keys for success will be heavely, and overly dependant on (1) Passing / RB routes to the outside edges of DETROIT.(2) Special teams / trick-plays out of the back field. (3) delay, delay, and more delayed hand-offs. Knowing that ole’-Gunther will look for this I just wanted to verify the same. Besides that, I think that we are all good as some say! The rest our crowd will inflict contributing to a playoff like atmosphere. They will find it greatly UN-BEAR-ABLE I imagine! But, in the end we will have gotten our proper due from them- fear!
    So, in the end I say may it be again even as you have spoken “…come out with a win”. (GOD-SPEED)

14. By 1971 LIONS fan on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

40 Years as LIONS fan here !!! GOOOOO LIONS !!!

15. By paul b. iron mtn. on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

That’s right Suh just take care of your own jobs . Keep the fire going . Play as a whole team and it well all come together in the end. One game at a time..
    No penalties , at the wronge time or at all but keep playing hard . I am proud of the D so far need to stop the run better but good job. Never stop working. Play as a TEAM O & D and the w’s will fellow right to the end . Good Job Team !!
    Go LIONS .. And Oldcat I am with you 40+ years a fan . Real Man DO NOT WAER CHESSE !!! But they love PUSS !! last i checked..

16. By nate on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

Wow so many bandwagon jumpers alot of these guys were the same ones laughing at those srry leno jokes and now they on our team site losers stay true to your team win or lose and stupid packer fan dont forget rodgers was k-o’d last year and they lost 7-3 lol just saying

17. By yooperracer14 on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

cheesehead fans are scared that is why they are on our website,been lions fan for 30 some odd years let them check us out they are worried little california boy rodgers is going to be injured for good on turkey day go get ‘em lions!

18. By Allan Alexander on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

I’ve been cheering the lions for 30+ years and listening to packer fans for the same amount of time. As much as I hate the Packers , it would make for great TV if they were both undefeated going into Thanksgiving Day but odds are they won’t . But after Atlanta hopefully enacts their revenge on GB for last years playoff game and we win Monday Night. We’ll be alone atop the Division and all bets are off. BTW NFL network shows top 5 teams right now as. 1 GB, 2-NO, 3 NE, 4 Balt, 5 Det.

19. By Jetpack34 on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

Its time to beat the bears and go 5 and 0. THE ROAR IS BACK, RESTORE THE ROAR!!

20. By Jetpack34 on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

Its time to beat the bears and go 5 and 0. THE ROAR IS BACK!!

21. By Cali Packers fan on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

Meow!!

22. By Cali Packers fan on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

purrr……….Meow……….Meow…….purrr….

23. By Toeknee on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

Get ready for the SUH-NAMI now that Fairley’s back !! It hasn’t made landfall yet, but it’s definetly coming at 500+ MPH… Go Lions!!!

24. By Cali Packers fan on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

Does the kitty like her belly rubbed?

25. By Blu Lion10 on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

Cali I think smell some fear from and your Packers. So save your breath, cuz your Packers will lose to the Lions.

26. By Michael on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

Cali Packers fan
    Now your shoewing the true colors of bieng a idiot Packer fan. I live in Wisconsin in most Packer fans has more class. Say what you want but you are a idiot.
    Go Lions

27. By gator3039 on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

ehhhh, have you seen the cost of eggs lately?

28. By Cali Packers fan on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

I’m glad you noticed me shoewing my true colors. In case you didn’t know, but I’m the Classless Cali Packers Fan!!! I’m sure most Packers are nice, but that’s not me. I tell it like it is. If it bothers you, then leave. You people have no choice but to respond to my rude comments. If you don’t, somebody else will. That’s why I keep comin’ back, to ruffle some feathers. Well, GO PACKERS!!!

29. By Megatron81 on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

Cali stop talking crap about our team. the only thing I hear coming out of your mouth is whinning!

30. By Allan Alexander on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

Cali
    In case you didn’t notice the Lombardi Trophy you have is from LAST year, you haven’t won nothing yet this year.

31. By Silver Crush 906 on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

@Cali Packer Fan
    No you don’t tell it like it is. You tell it how YOU perceive it to be, but the way you do it is showing a lot about who you are. Which is a kid about 13-15 hrs old, no girlfriend, no life off the computer, and very immature. You have to troll other teams fan sites to harass those teams fans to make yourself feel important because people are listening and responding to you. When in reality nobody does in your real life, and if you acted this way in the presence of these fans you know you would get your @ss beat. So just keep hiding behind your computer and harassing other teams fans cause that’s what 13 year olds do for fun.

32. By charlie on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

my god if it isnt bad enough being a lion fan here in green bay i have to hear your crap here too?really wow!good to know that pack fans are worried enough to come spy on this site now too!yea rodgers had a good run the score up kind of day last week but not gonna be like that every week and denver played like chumps anyway.the best part of that game is the fact they showed 90 percent of their play book in one game.fun to show off but is it so wise this early?go lions feels good to win keep it up !!!

33. By Black Wolf Standing on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

I would hate to see this, but I hope these blog comments are turned off. This is no place for an out of control unmoderated opponent’s fan. All Lion’s fans need to report people that cuss or use hate speech.

34. By KJ on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

LMAO at Packers fans comin on here and talkin trash. Such an obvious and lame case of message board muscles. Don’t be upset. Ask yourself; why is Packer fan on here? Because he is nervous. And why is Packer fan nervous? Well let’s look at the facts. The 2010-2011 World Champion Packers barely beat the Lions at Lambeau when we were decimated with injuries and then lost to the Lions at Ford Field when we were playing our 3rd string QB. Now we have the 2011-2012 Lions who are greatly improved and a Packer’s team that plays to our strengths (no running game and a weak secondary). Any smart Packers fan is nervous and rightly so. The result will be alot of Packer fans on here checking injury reports and Fairley updates and a few coming on the message boards spewing their nervous false bravado. Big deal. I guarantee they are all chewing their nails in anticipation of Thanksgiving.

35. By Michael on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

Right now The Lions are looking good. This is great to see the Tigers and Lions winning. Really look forward to Monday night football. This team has been playing together as a team should. Lions are heading in the right direction. It is going to a great game. To bad I live so far away or I would be there. My brother has season tickets. It will light up Monday night.
    Go Lions

36. By "Unmoderated" Cali Packers fan on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

;-)

37. By "Unmoderated" Cali Packers fan on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

“Moderated”

38. By "Unmoderated" Cali Packers fan on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

I kept it within moderation, didn’t I?? :-o

39. By steven on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

Lions fans living in Green Bay WI. I”m sick Packer Fan talking crap.Go :Lions!!!

40. By Shake-N-Bake 68 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Greetings fellow Lions fans, I have been a Lions fan since I was 7 years old and that was 36 years ago, I have been in the Marine Corps for over 25 years and I have had my share of dealing with Packers fans and other teams fans. Through the years I have been ridiculed, mocked and laughed at. Now that our Lions are a legitimate contender Packer fans like this Cali Packer fan is starting to fear that there is a true contender in the NFC North that will defeat them and become the King of the NFC North Jungle. Come Turkey Day Suh and Company will apply lots of heat to the Rodgers and company and melt the Cheese and send the Packers home wearing their stupid looking hats. Restore the Roar, Go Lions!!!!

41. By GMoney67 on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

What are packers fans doing on this website? I think it’s some kind of weird fear response, like a nervous tic or something.

42. By Robin on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Great job lions I am so proud to be a lion fan

43. By tony kayden on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

The big reason for our sucess besides the obvious potent offense is the most talent d-line in the game. All you guys were awesome against the Bears. I had Bear fans that had to put their hands over their eyes, they felt so bad for Cutler. Everyone talks about Rodgers, how great he is. He has never faced a rush like the Detroit D-line. Yes, he’s good at reading blitzes, but when the pocket continuously caves in, and caves that fast, he will be just as frustrated as Cutler. Go LIONS. I haven’t stopped believing for 25 years. It’s your time. You believe in yourselves. Your fans believe in you. The city believes in you. And now you’ve got most of the NFL believing in you. Keep up the pressure. Keep learning. Great job coaching staff. You deserve just as many kudos for this remarkable squad you’ve put together.

Always and forever a Lion fan

44. By T.N.E. on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

ExcitExciting, exciting, exciting, exciting,Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, excitingExciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, , Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting, Exciting, exciting, exciting, exciting…Let’s copy and paste our performance from the 1st quarter of the season, and take it to the 2nd. Both side’s of the both played phenomenal. There is nothing to say about the play of the offensive line. And I’m the first to say that Jeff Backus, you played a FLAWLESS GAME..thank you.
    Let’s go Detroit Lions!!!

45. By tony kayden on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I second everything T.N.E. said. I inadvertently left out the O line in my praise. You guys have been phenomenal in protecting Matt, and against the Bears opening up those gaping holes for Javid to blast thru. Keep it up. And Backus, Raiola, after all these years toiling in the trenches, your hard work and dedication has finally payed off big. Great job O-line.

46. By Michael on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Shake & Bake

Semper Fi Marine,
    I have been a Lion fan for 57 years. I also serve in the Marine Corps and I am a Vietnam Vet. I agree with this Marine. Both sides of our team has stepped up to the plate. Monday night showed some of the best fans in the Country. Each week this team has shown that are a contender now.
    Go Lions!!!!!

47. By April A on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I wish I were back home! I want to go to a game so bad now! It is unfortunate that in today’s society you take your life in your hands if you cheer in an opposing teams stadium. I want to go to San Diego…to watch them. When I was growing up it was safe to cheer for the opposing team. The last two games that I went to, we were surrounded by Bronco Fans and Minnesota fans and we had a blast teasing each other. The Vikings Game was the best comeback since 57 (or something like that) and the guy next to me had his head shaved like a Viking’s helmet. In today’s society, he’d probably get beat up and that is really a shame!
    SUH…you are doing an AWESOME JOB…you are making the game FUN again!