Barry Sanders Intro to MNF

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on October 12, 2011 – 3:06 pm

From espnfrontrow.com:

The Detroit Lions made a triumphant return to Monday Night Football last night after a 10-year absence, defeating the Bears 24-13 and improving their record to 5-0 for the first time since 1956.

The ESPN telecast kicked off with a powerful opening video voiced by Lions Hall of Famer Barry Sanders and featuring a local gospel choir, Selected of God. The video, voiced by Sanders, highlighted the resurgence of the Lions and the entire city of Detroit. Some fans asked if they could see the video again, so Front Row is happy to oblige here. We hope you like.

22 Responses to “Barry Sanders Intro to MNF”

1. By Anthony Benson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I am the lone fan from Camden, NJ and has been a fan for a long time. I was extremely proud of the organization reaching out to Barry Sanders and making him apart of this transformation. All I ask is that the players continue to leave it on the field and be as humble. We all know that there are 19 steps to where we want to go and only five has been successfully completed. Keep up the good work because there are still folk not believing but just know that a true LIONS fan know the difference.

2. By MR. OTHA BENDER on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

-IN LIGHT OF THE FACT THAT LIONS COACH ‘SCHWARTZ’ HAS DESIGNATED ‘THE FANS’ AS THE ‘GAME BALL’ RECIPIENTS FOR LAST MONDAY NIGHTS WIN OVER THE BEARS….IT WOULD BE A ‘WONDERFUL’ GESTURE (A FIRST) ON THE PART OF THE DETROIT LIONS ORGANIZATION TO HAVE ‘THAT BALL’ PHOTOGRAPHED…THEN BEHIND SOME CREATIVE NOTATIONS (INCLUDING THE FINAL SCORE), MAKE AT LEAST 500,000 (8″ BY 10″) FRAMEABLE COPIES AND DISTRIBUTE THEM AS A VERY MEMORABLE SOUVENIR AND TOKEN FOR THEIR ‘CONTINUED’ SUPPORT OF THE TEAM…

-IT WOULD MAKE FOR GREAT COMPANY ‘PR’, ADVERTISING AND A GREAT ‘CONVERSATION’ PIECE IN PERSONAL HOME GAME ROOMS, BUSINESSES IN AND AROUND THE METRO DETROIT AREA AND ‘BEYOND’!…AS WELL AS CREATING A CLOSER BOND BETWEEN THE FANS AND THE TEAM!

[FURTHER SUGGESTION:] HAND THEM OUT AT HOME GAMES AND ALSO MAKE THEM AVAILABLE AT THE DETROIT LIONS TICKET WINDOWS…NO PURCHASE REQUIRED! MANY A PERSON WILL ‘TREASURE THEM’ AND BE OUT BUYING ‘FRAMES’ BEFITTING THE HONOR!

{{{‘GO LIONS’!}}}

3. By Christopher Hudson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I have been a fan for over 41 years. Born and raised in Detroit Michigan.(now reside in Dallas, Texas.) The intro that was done by Barry Sanders reminded me of who I was and where I come from. I warmed my heart and despite all the bad press about the city of Detroit, I am still to this day proud to be from there. As the lion fan from Camden NJ stated “leave it on the field and be as humble.” Keep it up all the TRUE LIONS fans are behind you win or loose. Shout out to Al Davis’ family Rest in peace. To The New And Improved Detroit Lions; JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!! Restore the ROAR.

4. By Christopher Hudson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Amen Brother all I ever wanted was the lions to be competitive and have the heart to want to win

5. By paul b. iron mtn. on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I was reading in the free press that the team/org. has had like an open door for Barry . I HOPE AND PRAY that his does come back to us (the team) as a ass’t / adviseor or what ever he would like. scout even. His a CLASS act for the lack of a better word or term. Barry i love the way you played the game . I myself , i was not happy when you left but i kind of understand why . But MAN you you are the best running back to play for this team or any other you and WALTER PAYTON were the best the NFL have had i a long time. M ALLEN too just the best players and a CLASS ACT all of you. PLEASE come back to us help us bluild a great team of backs and player’s. You can still help us all. Boy would of love to see what would of been if MIKE UTTLY and ERIC could have played longer. You all have a place in my heart and prayer’s . And i beleave he well walk on the feild like he wants to. GOD SPEED you/ them.

6. By John Lockard on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

My heart has belonged to the Lions since 1952, and I want to thank the current administration for assembling such a fine group of outstanding young men. .In my opinion, they play the game the way it was meant to be played. I wish the team, and everyone on it, success after success. Every game brings this old man an avalanche of happiness.

7. By carlos on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

we love you. is good to see you on tv and you are the greates rb of all time.

8. By T.N.E on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

I never really knew how good Barry Sanders is/was! I was too young to really appreciate what he did for The Lions, and The City; believe it now. Like he said, The Pride Never Left. Thank You Barry Sanders for sticking around against your will. If it means anything, your like “Motown” in the city, never to be forgotten!…To Number #20….Mr.Sanders.

9. By Mark Reichard on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

Take that, Hank Williams, Jr/!

10. By Adrian on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

I am the lonely true Lions fan in Maine. Barry Sanders is the greatest most humble man on the planet. I’ve been a #20 fan all my life. Thank you Barry for giving everything to the best NFL organization, the Lions.

11. By eric on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

I know Barry wishes he had these peices around him..We never had a Suh(the badest man in the NFL) or a Stafford..These dudes are gonna be allpros for the next decade..O line practices against the best dline in the biz..get off their backs! there good..This next game will be an all out war…! Im looking for Fairley 2 have a huge impact..Im really happy with the Linebackers..those dudes are tackling everything! Oh if Leshore was ballin..he and Best would and will be the best backfield tandem in the leauge..Willie Young(the great Willie Young) 7th round are u kidding me! Wait until Touchdown Titus breaks out.. Come on man!! This team has playmakers on both sides of the ball..U dont come back like that without playmakers..Greenbay will not do all that bs they doin 2 rest of the leauge 2 us..Thet know!! Cant wait for sunday..GO LIONS,,,

12. By stan on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

we do not miss you Mr Millen
    hope you are enjoying telecasting college football
    stay away from the NFL
    thank god allmighty that those millen days are over

13. By steven sliger on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

about monday nights game it could’t have started any better barry sanders you are aclass act………………….

14. By Colin B on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

Lions fan from Glasgow in Scotland.
    Great to see the greatest running back ever back on the screen. Also great to see this organisation playing so well. Go Lions!

15. By jerry wentz on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Mr.Ford for making A Detroit Lifetime Fan Prouder than ever. I have been a supporter of the Lions since 1963 and I have always been a proud fan and now the fun is back .Thank You and your entire Staff. Job well done. Lions 34 49ers 14. Go Lions. PS My Garage door here in Hillsdale has a hand Painted Detroit Lion Logo on it since 1998.Jerry

16. By Dave on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

I’m 50 years old. I grew up in Lewiston Idaho. I grew up watching the lions, because my dad loved the Lions. Wayne Walker #55 was the first player drafted out of Boise State. We watched the central division play every week. Now we get Seattle, what a bummer!!! Now I can finally hold my head up high and show off all of my Lions stuff…..Keep up the great work that you started. Make sure that the other team remembers the day they played the Detriot Lions in 2011. Make sure that your defence starts messing with the other teams receivers in the 1st 5 years to mess up their timing and YOU WILL GO ALL THE WAY!!!!!

17. By nuggie from detroit east side on Oct 15, 2011 | Reply

i was watching some old lions games an wonder this team is what barry wantedlove the lions been in texas 18 yrs rowlett lets go get get them 49er 6-0

18. By Wade on Oct 15, 2011 | Reply

Detroit What ????? Lions That’s what….. Dominating the league….. Stay Humble and Out Work The Rest…. Lions fan FOREVER from Canada…. Those of you who never seen Barry play you gotta see the MAN at work, making people miss, making plays and your like WHAT?? BARRY you the man !!!!! Cheers from Canada

19. By A N.Y Lion for yrs on Oct 15, 2011 | Reply

Growing up a Lions fan in New York was blasphemy. Amongst Giants, Jets, Bears, Packers, Dallas, 49s, and Bills fans. I got rolled on! TAKE A LOOK @ ME NOW MA! Lets go 6- 0.

20. By brian on Oct 16, 2011 | Reply

I didn’t see the intro due to the Tigers game. Thanks for posting it. Much of my response to the video has already been said.

I just want to thank the players, the coaching staff, the management, and the ownership for digging deep and making the necessary sacrifices to return the Lions to winning form. I said just the other day it is too bad Barry Sanders couldn’t have played on this team, at this time, with this talent.

Lately it has been so nice to walk into a meeting where football is being discussed before business, have people find out I’m from Detroit, and not listen to a host of negative comments about the Lions. It is surreal to have their whole topic of conversation change upon learning I’m from Detroit. Not only is it surreal but also refreshing. And man do I LOVE it. I’ve been waiting for this for 36 years of my life.

To all those who are actually playing the game and in front of the press….KEEP YOUR HUMILITY! Never forget what this group started out as. Make your statement on the field. That is what Barry Sanders did his whole career.

I’m excited for the team, my former home town, and for the future of this franchise.

Go Lions!

21. By порно on Jan 8, 2012 | Reply

That is very attention-grabbing, You’re an excessively professional blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look ahead to in quest of more of your magnificent post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

22. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 3, 2012 | Reply

Anyday that I get to see Barry is a good day! :)