Suh vehemently refutes rumors thrown by White, McClure

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on October 24, 2011 – 5:07 pm

Earlier today, Cliff Avril addressed the accusations thrown at he and Ndamukong Suh that they taunted Falcons’ Matt Ryan while he was on the ground with an ankle injury.

Now, Suh is responding.

In a locker room interview with the Lions’ media, Suh vehemently refuted the rumors thrown by Atlanta’s Roddy White and Todd McClure via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution column by Jeff Schultz.

Watch the interview in its entirety:

Tags: ,

9 Responses to “Suh vehemently refutes rumors thrown by White, McClure”

1. By Eddie Hiller on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

I would like to say is this.

The Detroit Lions we are not going to be pushed around by nobody. If the falcons or any team thinks they are going to whip us they better think again.

The falcons and other teams are mad because we are a better football team.

The falcon players are like their fans and they are idiots and jerks. their fans taunt. Is what it was they could not stop sugh.

The Falcons won the game and they are crying like a bunch of babay’s

This is called the falcons are a classless team

2. By Don on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply

Ndamukong Suh And Cliff Avril and the rest of this TEAM.
    Please Listen to Me.
    I Love this TEAM and ALL of the Players on it.
    It Started with the San Fran Game with theSo Called Coach Harbough.
    Who is’nt happy when he wins or Looses.
    And What did he do to Start it? By Causeing a Commotion with our Great Coach Schwartz.
    Yea, We lost the Game, OK. Now another one, OK. So Now This TEAM studies the Next opponant. Forgets the Last TWO games. And Moves onto More Victories.
    These Other teams,coach’s and Players and Media.
    What do you guy’s think they want? They want to cause this TEAM trouble!
    They want to start up rumor’s, They want to start Pulling this TEAM in as Many differant directions as they can. Mixing it All up and getting this TEAM completely off of Your Game.
    You can either Listen to the Bull, Or Keep your Minds withen the Program that has been Laid Out for you. And these coach’s your GM, and the Fords Set you in the Right Direction. You were on the right path.
    Now thier have been a few Screws thrown into the Mix.
    So throw these No good screwed up screws in the Garbage.
    Get yourselves some new Screw’s and put this Back together and heading in the Direction In Which you were going. To the Playoffs and Maybe even Beyond to the Superbowl.
    This TEAM Started with ONE Common Goal. Dont Loose site of your Goal and The way in which to get there.
    This is the Exact thing that has Allway’s seemed to Happen when this TEAM start’s getting thier footing. Some other Goofs in the League Get this TEAM focusing somewhere that there is NO reason to go.
    Where Does this TEAM want to go? OK, I believe that I know!
    So ignore the Little things and the Little people or Minded people and take this TEAM to the TOP!
    Look Most Lions Fans Don’t care AT ALL what the other people, players or coach’s or media Say.
    Your FANS BELIEVE IN YOU! THIS TEAM!
    Forget what they ALL say and go out there and TAKE WHAT YOU WANT!
    GO LIONS GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!
    C,mon LIONS! Rise Above the Little wimpers and cryers!

3. By just1fan on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think Suh is a dirty player. I think, or better yet… know, that Suh is a dominant player. I also know that there isn’t a team in the NFL, including Atlanta, that wouldn’t have him on their team… POINT BLANK!

4. By Alwaysafan on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply

Suh is a great athlete, future hall of fame player and the best role model (attitude, intelligence, drive to win, and play by the rules) the lions could ever hope for. Opponents and those who think otherwise are jealous and small.

5. By El Heffe on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply

Don pretty much hit the nail on the head in his post above – the Lions just need to refocus and get back to winning and to a man not listen to all of the noise (whether it’s positive/false positive or negative). No one ever made a big deal about beating the Lions (even when in Detroit) over the last 10 years – but now it is a big deal because the Lions are a much better team. Not only that, they are still undefeated on the road and can beat a team on Sunday that they haven’t beaten in 40 years in Denver.

The coaching and vetaran leadership should be able to right this ship – even with Best out, Lions starting to show signs of a running game with Morris and Williams. While I’d love to see Stafford get back out there, if he’s not healthy this week with the bye coming next week, I have confidence in Hill and the Lions D – and the special teams, especially kick and punt coverage, has to be better.

Tim Tebow is the talk of the league right now, like the Lions were 2 weeks ago – so he can enjoy his week in the spotlight, but come Sunday he may need more than divine intervention against this D-Line. Go Lions!

6. By BigM53 on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply

Ok, enough of the he said this and he responded with this ! Who gives a crap, Ya’ll need to get back to playing football and not worry about what the other teams are saying, because the last two weeks, you’ve let 2 teams(two teams you should have beat) walk into your home “The Cage” and beat you ! Playoff teams don’t lose too many at home ! A lack of emotion,heart and desire collectively as a team.
    Suh everyone knows that you are a bad azz, i would like to see you get back to the way you played the game last year. This year your letting your mouth do the talking rather than letting your play on the field do the talking, like you did last year. Not sure if your head has swelled,or what? But I see a different player out there this year, and as far as the dominate D-line, I don’t see that either(now granted your offense hasn’t helped you out lately,and thats a totally different response for a later date). With the talent across the D-line that the lions have, they should be shreading O-lines,especially in the 4th quarter !
    I will always be a faithful Lions fan,have been all my life, but the horse-chit needs to stop. Win or lose with class ! If you did say certain things on the field,that perhaps you shouldn’t have, then I understand,because I played this intense game a few years ago, and I know how it can get out of control. But, your better than that, let your play on the field do the talking !

7. By Josh on Oct 26, 2011 | Reply

I can’t believe the comments I am reading on this website. Calling for Matt to sit the bench cause he has had a couple bad games. Are you kidding me! The guy has played 7 games. You realize that Peyton, Elway, Aikman all had terrible first couple years. I would say Matt is doing pretty good considering he has only seven games with most of his weapons. I see it more as poor playcalling. We had 5 games of video for teams to look at and now they are adjusting. We also need to adjust. Mo Morris is a beast if you just give him a chance. He just needs to be the feature back. Williams does some good things too but morris needs to be in on most of the snaps. Anyway, I am not giving up on anybody on this team. If someone told you before the season started that we would be 5-2 at this point I am sure most all lion fans would have been perfectly happy with that. I am just tired of all the grumbling and calling for peoples heads.

8. By David Hilden Sr. on Oct 26, 2011 | Reply

I would just like to say GO LIONS. You guys are a lot better than you showed the last two weeks. Mr. Suh you are a mainstay on this team .Think about it dont let the Media or anyone else change your way of playing. you started off super aggressive and you need to get back to that. If someone thinks otherwise maybe they should stay home and suck on their baby bottle. once agaian go lions you gus are terrific get back in the game.

9. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Suh is going to DOMINATE this year, I just know it!