Posted by Tara Altman on November 2, 2011 – 4:53 pm

“Our main goal was to get to Tim Tebow, we wanted to rattle him and not necessarily speed his process up, but he’s a guy that needs to be comfortable in the pocket to be able to deliver great throws and even sometimes under duress he makes pretty good throws. We wanted to make sure we shut down that run and that gave us a lot of opportunity to get a lot of sacks. The defensive line did a great job of doing that and my teammates did an excellent job of getting back there and getting him down.

“I think the state of the defense right now is wanting to continue to be more consistent and not allow big plays. I think that’s the only thing that’s really hurt us in the past, allowing big runs and big passes, which have led to scores, but as soon as we combated that in the last couple of weeks, we’ve been pretty successful.

“I think this is a perfect way to go into the bye week, being half way through the season, being not too bad at 6-2, learning and getting our health back. For me, I’m going to come back and my tank’s not going to be on F it’s going to be on A because I’m going to have a new found energy going into the second half of the season. I’m going to remove myself from football for a little bit and come back with a very distinct focus and drive to get us to Indianapolis.

“It depends on how I feel, but most of the time I usually workout everyday through the bye week, but it’s really just kind of keeping my mind off of football. I think that’s something that I have to do even during the week when we are playing. I think Friday and Saturday are my days to kind of remove myself in the afternoon, during that time is when I clear my head of everything football and get that new found energy that I get when I come back from Saturday night.

“I like to watch football when I’m away from the field, I try and watch it as a fan, which is very hard because I break it down so much, analyzing stuff. I try to watch it, but I wish the NBA was on because I would watch an NBA game, or I’d go to an NBA game; but I’ll figure something out.”

Posted in Ndamukong Suh Blog | 32 Comments »

32 Responses to “Suh: “I’m going to have a newfound energy going into the second half of the season.””

1. By kevin woods on Nov 2, 2011 | Reply

try watching the red wings

2. By Daschnozz on Nov 2, 2011 | Reply

We love you Suh!

3. By stacey morrison on Nov 2, 2011 | Reply

as a team you guys have started to put it together as a fan I couldnt be more happy on sundays what a turn around love it and thanks a mill.

4. By Scott MacDonald on Nov 2, 2011 | Reply

Wow. If Mr. Suh is coasting right now and coming back invigorated, there are going to be some SERIOUSLY scared QB’s coming down the line. I know I would be. Yikes!

And…
    How about a Red Wings game?

5. By LIONNUTS on Nov 2, 2011 | Reply

Going into this season I said the Lions would go 9-7 and be a wild card. Maybe they won’t. Maybe they will crash and burn like everyone says. Either way Goodell needs to stay out of it. This is a man’s game. Not meant for him to micro manage from a desk and collect all the proceeds. Suh will play with the talent he was blessed with. There is no doubt in my mind. Schwartz is smart enough to know that they are only trying to stifle our chances for success. I have said this before and I’ll say it again. Pool your money together defense, and pay these stupid fines. This game will turn into Flag Football if Goodell has any say.

6. By eric on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

How ever u do it big fella..U are the engine of our d..and i have noticed other players having great seasons..and its because of u..Great peices we have now..I think u guys can go all the way..The cornerbacks are playing ridiculously well..We are now seeing multiple pro bowl type players on our team or players capable of makin it..They changed the kick off rule cause they saw how dangerous Logan is..im waitin for him 2 bust out..Burleson 2. Mo morris is the most productive runner we have..and williams could be a steal..This bears game comin up is big..I think u guys can run the table get on another streak..get hot and take it 2 the super bowl..this is best detriot team i ever saw.and oh yeah Lions yall get the Ghost of Bobby Layne sum tickets hes a true Lions fan!! real talk..

7. By Aaron Hemmelgarn on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

How about a Wings Game Suh….! The Wings are hot and I’m sure they’d love your support. Once Hockey gets you, you’re hooked, I think you’d love the Wings…

Can’t wait to see the second half of the season..

A

8. By Neil Pelto on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

I can’t wait for the next game against the Bears & I’m aching to see Aaron Rogers spending his Thanksgiving day stareing up at the roof in Ford Field, & the sky at Lambeau Field. Time to start unleashing a Suh..namis.

9. By Lions4Life on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Great season so far Suh, you have a well deserved week off coming up! Loving how the team is playing this year some of the best football to ever come out of Detroit. Keep up the hard work and I’m sure the opposing QB’s will be headed to the locker rooms littered with grass stains!

10. By Barry Phillips on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Mr. Suh

11. By Barry Phillips on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Mr. Suh,
    I have so much respect for you as a pro football player, you are the kind of player that i always tried to be when I played High School football and when i was going to play college ball at Northern Michigan University in Marquette Michigan. I am so proud to be a fan of yours and the Detroit Lions. Thank you for bringing the level of play to the Lions that has been missing for some time. I will never put the Lions organization down ever, I am and always will be a true yes even bleed the Honolulu blue and silver. Thanks again for everything you have brought back to this state (HOPE and SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN). You and all of the lions are awesome. Thank you from a true Lions fan.

12. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

As a president before Suh’s time said, “Strive ahead with great vigor!” Rush the QB with great vigor.

13. By GMoney67 on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Hey man. Keep doing what you do best and forget all the naysayers. Nobody cared how Suh or the Lions played before they became winners. And now that teams can’t look at their schedules and place a “W” next to the Lions’ game before they even play it, they wanna levy charges of you guys being “dirty” players. Well forget them and Goodell. BRING THE PAIN each and every game and the REAL fans will be behind you. Long gone are the days of the Lions being pushovers. Now that we’re doing the pushing, everybody’s just gonna have to get used to it!

14. By lionsfan4-55yrs on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

I was at the 62 Lions-GreenBay game (many of you are too young to remember) and that was the last time I saw a Lions defense like this one. I told my wife that if the Lions win the super bowl after I die I’m going to reallly pissed off !!

15. By Oldestyle Lionsfan on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

The coaching staff and front office are doing it right these days. With all the talent on this team it is amazing to watch and being a fan since Billy Sims was drafted. I’ve been waiting to see these days come along. Like Coach says ” what people say outside this building doesn’t matter”. “BRING THE PAIN” The rest of the league can sit and watch from home while you guys are playing in the SuperBowl. Don’t change a thing and bring it in second half of the season. I’d be willing to bet the fans will chip in to pay the fines if the “pansies” can’t handle pissin’ their pants after their teammates have to scrape them off the turf……

16. By spitz519 on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

detriot lions roar the roar is heard so people embrace the silver crush suh stomp these fools it’s football not f-l-ag fotball hate if you will but real tALK IS REAL TALK GOOD JOBIN YOUR COMMENTS

17. By michael dorr on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

hey guys these are great comments. I enjoyed reading them all. every one of you are making awesome points and you are spot on with some accuracy. I just want to give a shout out on the play of maurice morris in denver. He played his heart out and he is such a great back up. OR SHOULD HE BE A BACKUP. I think jahvid is great for bringing in a new look, all of a sudden here he comes for some crazy screen play that goes this distance or dump it off to him behind the D’s line. But let mo take the handoffs. that dude runs for positive yards ALL DAY LONG. He finds a way to get at least 3 yards. He put detroit in 2nd and short and 3rd and manageable situations all game. he doesn’t get the break out games but he gives stafford comfort because he’s not in 3rd and longs. GO LIONS! TAKE DOWN THE PACK!

18. By Tim Vanderveen on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

I truly hope this Lions can win a playoff game this year, going deep into the playoffs would be great, but they probably need to improve for another year or two. My Dad took me to see the Lions the day before my 10th birthday in 1968, they played the Rams at the LA Memorial Coliseum, super excited, the Tigers had just won the World Series and now I was going to see the Lions, Lem Barney returned the opening kickoff 90 some odd yards for a touchdown, I’m going crazy excited Lions 7 – 0, jumping up and down hugging my Dad, Thats the last thing they did well that night, lost 10 – 7 and they been letting me down ever since, The era with Barry was fun, beating Dallas that year in the playoffs gave some hope, So although they certainly look much improved over past years, it’s still to early to get the hopes to high. But it’s sure great and fun to see the potential of this team.

19. By marcus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Practice on keeping your hands low so you wont have to go back to see Roger Goddell.

20. By Lyonhome on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

As a long time hard core Detroit Lion’s fan, I’m so grateful that we have Suh for his leadership and fearsome play. He along with Vandenbosh, Avril and Williams have restored the Respect and Roar of the Lions.

21. By Joe on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Im glad Jay Cutler is first up after the bye

22. By Beetle56 on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

Just keep playing like you’re suppose to play the game Suh. Like Warren Sapp says, you’re job is to slam the QB to the ground as hard as you can. Goodell has allowed some stupid rules to be created to protect the Tom Brady and Peyton Manning types of QBs from getting hurt so they can pass for a ridiculous amount of yards and 5 or 6 touchdowns because that’s what sells tickets and makes more money. I mean, not being able to hit a QB below the waist while in the pocket was mainly created because of Tom Brady’s broken leg. And this horse collaring crap was created to keep superstars like T.O. from getting hurt. I don’t wish anybody to get hurt but this is a GLADIATOR sport and like it was said before, if Roger Goodell has his way, this will become the NFFL which stands for the National FLAG Football League. Maybe there should be a rule that says when a QB intentionally ducks down into a defensive players hand with his head, then the QB gets flagged 15 yards for cheating.

23. By deezman on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

As ol Jonny Cash would have said… How do you do my name is Suh,,, and now you gonna die…. GO GET EM!!!!

24. By mikeyinthepc on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

Don’t get me wrong I love what the Lions are doing this season. And it has been a long time over due for you long term die hard Lions fan. Me being on the west coast I was a Rams fan before the team slipped out of town overnight.

When that happened I adopted the Lions at the time. Figuring it was more honorable placing my fan devotion taking a struggling team, and having a team that can only get better. But boy did it take awhile! .

Anyway, I hope Suh does exhibit new energy going into week 9 ’cause honestly Suh needs to step it up. Where’s the sacks?, tackles? get it going Suh. Unless I am missing something and “you” Lion experts can correct me.

25. By Gabe Jones on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

Your the man house of spears, your what gives this defense the attitude it needs to get to indi this year, I know u will come back and be a tank and destroy every center u line up against the next half of the season your moter is whats got the rest of the time so mean right now and i wwouldnt want it anyother way, you will be the best 2nd draft choice in nfl history. I wish you the best

26. By Colby on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

I’ve been a fan of the Lions since the days of Lem Barney & company and I am very encouraged by what we’ve seen from this team thus far, however, there are some areas that they need to continue to improve upon if they are going to be among the league’s elite teams. First, the defense needs to understand that getting sacks on the QB is only part of the equation of a successful defensive team. Run defense is also very important, especially during a tight game when moving the chains by your opponent can cause the clock to be your biggest opposition. Second, as much as I love Megatron, Matthew Stafford needs to understand that in order to be a successful offensive team that he needs to get his other receivers and tight ends involved and spread the ball around. This will make the opposing defenses play us more honestly and not just key on stopping Megatron. We need to get Titus Young, Brandon Pettigrew, Nate Burleson, Sheffler, and Stovall (yes, Stovall) all involved. Stovall is another Megatron in waiting!!! Finally, we really need to learn how to develop a consistent running game, without a consistent running game we are going NOWHERE!!

27. By Motlee92 on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

I am also looking forward to the second half of this season. This is a second half team. Look at what they have done after half time in every game this year. We use this bye week like a half time, we regroup, make any changes we might need(like smith and davis), adapt, and overcome everyone in sight!!!!!!!! GO LIONS!!!!!!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!! NOW GO KICK SOME @$$!!!

28. By dennis on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

hello suh your a hell of a player and not a dirty player but a player who enjoys the game at a hundred an ten percent but on watching another game why not take yourself and five other defensive players and go to the local hospital and visit with the sick kids give them some well derserved smiles see what they go threw see the smiles on there faces will put you in a very well found place

29. By Jeff Lamont on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Not since Robert Porscher have I had any respect for a Lions defensive lineman. Suh plays the game like it should be. With the return of K Smith and an O lineman that can run block, we can get our running game going. GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. By Sam on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Bring the hurt big fella!

31. By Ryan Badgley on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Great start! Time to cap it all off! Man im just a 17 yr old guy that played for livonia clarenceville. our Season is over , didnt do good this year. It really makes me get fired up when watching SUH smack around the Ball Carrier… i miss football and i helps me when you guys win. especially when the D-line Tears it Up.

32. By kevin young on Dec 18, 2011 | Reply