Posted by Tara Altman on November 9, 2011 – 5:15 pm

“During the bye week I relaxed with some good friends, old friends, some teammates and so forth down in Miami. I wanted to see some sun. I got a good amount of relaxation, sitting by the pool, had great dinners and enjoyed my friends’ company. It was fun to be there and look around. I’ve only been to Miami twice, so it was nice to go back down and check it out on my own terms.

“I watched all of my rushes during the bye and just thought back on how I’ve played throughout the season, where I’m at right now, where we’re at right now as a team and how I can better myself to help better the team. I wasn’t necessarily pleased with how I started the first half of the season. It wasn’t a horrible start, but it wasn’t the best start that I was looking for. I’m looking to be able to come back in the second half with a fresh start, newfound energy and get ready to go in balls to the wall.

“We’ve got eight games to take care of, starting first with a great rival in Chicago when we go in there on Sunday. It’ll be exciting. I want to take care of these eight games and get to the playoffs, but first and foremost, we have to take care of the first game which is at Chicago.

“We played Chicago pretty early in the season, and got to see them when they were down, now we get to see them when they’re up as a team and it’s an opportunity to play them at their supposed best. I look forward to going against a very potent offense, which they are right now. They seem to be going on all cylinders which is fine for us, we love a challenge and we’re definitely ready to defeat this challenge and take care of business.

“As for the ‘Dirtiest Player Award,’ for the defensive players who said that they would want me in front of them, I appreciate that, anything else other than that, I really don’t care. That’s not going to win me a Super Bowl and it’s not going to win me an NFC Championship; when it does, then I’ll care. When it’s a valid award of being an All-Pro, a Pro Bowler and things of that caliber, then I actually recognize and appreciate those.”

Tags: ,
Posted in Ndamukong Suh Blog | 25 Comments »

25 Responses to “Suh: “It wasn’t a horrible start, but it wasn’t the best start that I was looking for.””

1. By DennisGrote on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Mr. Suh as lifelong fan of the Lions, I have not enjoyed seeing the Lions play since Barry( Sanders)left.
    I sense this team has the leadership on and off the field,the commitment and the deep down in the gut desire to win !

Keep up the focus !

DG

2. By chris on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Start off by putting Cutler on his back again all day on Sunday, as well as Forte. I Love the Lions and I Love Suh too!!!!

3. By david gozowsky on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

your the type of player every fan dreams of suh. let the world believe what they want. you’re all thats good to us fans win or loose we love you man. cause we know your heart is in it. we cant ask for anything more than that.

4. By Richard Heyman on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

NS, You know how people are, and football payers are the same. You do good, and dominate, and they try to get into your head by saying you are a “Dirty Player”. I am sure they hope the refs take it to heart and start focusing on your play. Reggie White dominated like you do, and I am sure someone was complaining about him, most probably most of the OL in the league.

5. By Greg on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Its the best start in decades. We, as fans, appreciate you and everyone on the team. Thank you for a great start.

6. By John Scovie on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Suh. This is as big as you are. We both know that. We are just glad that it is not bigger than you. At the end of this season we want you to be able to look back and say, “it all started with Chicago.” That will be self satisfying and all of your fans will have been rewarded for their patience and perseverance. With them, it started long before you arrived. You will never know the amount of anticipation expended during the last two weeks. We are praying in the official Tebow pose for your success as a team and as ambassadors of Michigan and the city of Detroit.

7. By Mike O Neil on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Yea right…. all the people saying that he’s dirty would love to have him on their team. We as Lions fan owe nobody an apology for anything. If anything it’s payback time to the rest of the NFL! All the teams and fans that were laughing 3 years ago..ain’t laughing now are they?

8. By Kody Molter on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Suh we all know that any other team in the league would want you on their team, and most people don’t like the fact that you are a big reason why the lions are doing so well, you bring a level of play to Detroit that nobody has in a long time! and us long time Lions fans that have been cheering every week since we were kids growing up, we appreciate the love for the game that you have, and your determination to be the best where ever god brought you in your career!! you teach the vets something new and they teach you as well, all i can say to you suh is! people can talk smack all they want but we all know in our hearts and minds that they are just scared of how good you really are!

9. By john darby on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Keep doin what you do smashmouth its great to watch you play anything you do in life you will have haters
    I as a Lions fan for many years can say this is the most exciting group to watch ever in lions uniform Barry included one game at a time QB s are having nightmares about you guys can’t wait till Sunday

10. By smdb on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

love how yer never satisfied suh. keep that attitude and make sure the guys around you have it and sustain it too.

11. By SISUHSAVER! on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Everyone said the pistons were dirty remember the Detroit “BAD BOYS” Im Detroit born and raised show chicago the fear Roar! Release the beast Dom.

12. By Suhnation on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Suh let your time mates know that the Bears will run the Ball on the left side of your Defense! Please no penalities in the Game by the Detroits Defense!..

13. By Rod on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Ndamykong,

I love the way you play from snap to whistle
    Continue to do what you do
    Continue to do what made you a number one pick
    Remember the under achievers will always try to get you to come down where they are, because it’s easier.

14. By Oldboy on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

All your fans know they’re just trying to make you into a “bad boy” persona as well as the team since the Cowboys are showing signs of teetering off the within the next few years (more like they just failed to produce for the last few years). Glad you and the other players on the team don’t give in to that and just play football, even if they keep changing the rules.

15. By gregreynolds on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

DEAR MR SUR
    would you please stop killing my offence
    signed the nfl quarterbacks

just kidding. i wonder if all these people that are talking smack about you would be doing this if you were on there team just a thought.

P.S. REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO SEEING YOU CRUSH EVERY BONE IN AARON RODGERS BODY. HE IS SO OVERRATED

16. By rickey newsome on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Keep up the good work Suh! Ur a beast like we have not seen in a long time! Was mean Joe Greene a dirty player was Ronnie Lott a dirty player i dont think so! I know the game has changed a lot but football is football! keep on doing what ur doing of else we the Lions might be the laughing stock of the NFL again! I have been a Lions fan all of my life 50yrs! And this team has me more excited as ever! From coaching staff to the practice squad we are ready to make a move! GO LIONS!

17. By detmi on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

65-93-5

That is the all time Lions record vs. the Bears. I know, I know you weren’t here when all those losses happened. 1-2 in your career Mr. Suh. Get even with Chicago. The monday night game was cute but this time take the will out of Jay Cutler and the whole Bears O-Line and runners. You mentioned you want to go to the playoffs. This is a playoff game.

18. By Caleb Zickafoose on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

keep up the good work follow through all the tackels and hurt someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. By Kelli H on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Suh,
    You got QBs having nightmares about you and O-Linemen scared to take the field. They can’t handle you physically (which is shown everytime they send 2 and 3 guys at you) so they are trying to get you mentally but that’s not working either. For every hater you see, you’re looking at someone who would love to have you on their team.

Keep going hard for the D and your real fans will keep going hard for you!!!

20. By lionsfan on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

GO LIONS!!!!!!

21. By tony saprano on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

yo suh need some help with aaron rodgers meet me behind
    the bowling alley we will knock them all down sincerly tony

22. By dpcc2020 on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

This man is a beast!!!

23. By timothy on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

suh u might be the best player ever to suit up for the lions…..u and sanders…anyway no matter what you do there is gonna be haters even if the lions dont get into the playoffs i know we have a chance evry yearnow knowing ur on our team and thats satisfying enough and makes the lions watchable again thank u suh….and p.s ur not a dirty player the nfl is a bunch of whiny lil girls now i guess lol

24. By ryand on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Mr. Suh

I am witnessing your leadership grow every week.
    Keep doing what your doing!
    Quarterbacks. Eat em up yum yum

25. By made in det on Dec 18, 2011 | Reply

i have been a lifer to the fans i have moved to atlanta for work but i rep the lions all day everyday and you and the team have givin me so much to roar about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thankyou so much