Lions’ Week 13 game at New Orleans flexed to Sunday Night Football

Posted by ttwentyman on November 21, 2011 – 12:19 pm

After another thrilling come-from-behind victory against the Panthers Sunday in which the Lions became the first team in NFL history to win three games in a single season after trailing by 17+ points, the Lions are becoming “must-see” television.

As such, the NFL has flexed the Lions vs. Saints game to their featured Sunday Night game at 8:30 p.m. on NBC. Dec. 4. The game was originally scheduled for a 1 p.m. start in New Orleans.

It will be the first time the Lions are featured on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.

The team played their first Monday Night Football game since 2001 when they hosted, and beat, the Bears on Oct. 10 at Ford Field. The Lions play on national television (FOX) this Thanksgiving Day against the Packers.

It will be the first time the Lions will play back-to-back nationally televised games since 2000 when they beat the Patriots on Thanksgiving and then lost to the Vikings a week later on ESPN Thursday Night Football.

The Saints currently sit atop the NFC South with a 7-3 record. They hold a one-game lead over the Falcons (6-3), who beat the Lions back in October.

13 Responses to “Lions’ Week 13 game at New Orleans flexed to Sunday Night Football”

1. By JoeMac on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

The Falcons are 6-4

2. By Jokeray on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Awesome! I am going down to the game with some friends, and this just made it easier from one of them to go. Sunday Night Football? OH YEAH!

3. By Football Chick on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I’m heading down for the game also – looking forward to having more time to go sightseeing/tailgate.

4. By andrew on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I had faith/confidence in you, Lions. Now you can AND will show Green Bay, New Orleans, Minnesota, Oakland, and San Diego you mean business. The Falcons will liklely be dismissed from the playoffs, but NOT you. Hopefully, you can go all the way this year.

5. By Randy on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I HATE CHEESE!!!!! Lets give it to the Cheese Heads, remember what this team is playing for; They don’t respect us just like the rest of the league. The lions have to take this game

6. By Chaz on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I will also be at the game!!!! screwed up some plans, but lot of time for tailgating!!!

7. By jordan on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

lets go babe get um!

8. By Jeremy on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

YAYYYYY!!! I can’t wait! LIONSSSS!!!

9. By Dale Waterman on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

AS PEOPLE AND NETWORKS BEGIN TO SEE WHAT WE HAVE KNOWN ALL ALONG THIS YEAR, IT BECOMES AN EVENT…..CONGRAT’S LIONS…. NOW IS THE TIME TO LIGHT UP THE SCORE BOARD AND GIV’E THEM SOMETHING TO SHOUT ABOUT…….GO LIONS….35 YEAR VET.

10. By Thomas Carter on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

JIM SWARTZ for president and SCOTT LINEHAN for VP (No direspect Mr. LINEHAN you seem more the behind the scenes leader.) Gunther Cunningham as Secretary of DEFENSE. The rest of the coaches would be CABINET and SENATE. My thoughts are, if these men (and the LION PLAYERS) can straighten out what matt millen (deserves no capitols) left us in just 3 years the country should be back in GRRRREAT shape in less. What do you think PRESIDENT SWARTZ ?????

11. By Thomas Carter on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

Oh yea I missed the jobs for the rest of the front office, my bad. And I need to thank the LION players for what you have done for us. Your LOYAL FANS. You are awesome to watch, but we knew that. I’m almost 60 and when I grow up I want to be like MEGATRON . HAHAHAHA

12. By SomeDude on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

YES! I was praying that this game would go primetime. My two favorite teams right here. Les go saints!!! But won’t be too mad if lions win

13. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Tons more Prime Time games coming for our Lions! They are one of the most exciting teams in the league! GO LIONS!!!