Lions sign RB Aaron Brown

Posted by ttwentyman on November 28, 2011 – 6:34 pm

The Lions have officially placed running back Jahvid Best on Reserve/Injured and have re-signed RB Aaron Brown back to the roster.

Brown spent his first two seasons with the Lions after being drafted by the team in the sixth-round of the 2009 draft. He was part of the team’s final cuts before the regular season this year.

He appeared in 21 games in his first two seasons, starting two. Over that span, he recorded 189 career rushing yards on 44 carries (4.3 average).

Brown is also a good receiver out of the backfield.

With Kevin Smith’s availability for Sunday’s game against the Saints still in doubt with a high ankle sprain, signing Brown was a good move for the Lions.

Brown knows the system after spending his first two seasons in it and brings the element of speed back into play from the backfield for Scott Linehan’s offense.

15 Responses to “Lions sign RB Aaron Brown”

1. By Andrea L. Molinari on Nov 28, 2011 | Reply

Welcome back, Aaron! I hope they put the ball in your hands because I have always felt that you had a certain ‘electricity’ when you ran in space.

2. By Trent Patterson on Nov 28, 2011 | Reply

I agree Andrea. I was a little disappointed when he was released this year because I felt like he’s never really had the opportunity to prove himself. Then again, I thought it was a good idea to release Kevin Smith and now he’s come back to life looking like his old self (injuries included) Probably why I’m not a coach. Either way welcome back Mr. Brown! Smith and Brown could be a Best/Morris 2.0 PS Get better Kevin, we need your talent on the field as well.

3. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Nov 28, 2011 | Reply

Will the “A” team show up against the Saints? Smith and Brown can’t do it alone. Matt has to get his head straight.

4. By Like Bradshaw on Nov 28, 2011 | Reply

Matt definitely needs to be more accurate and he needs to learn to throw the ball with more air under it. Not so flat.

5. By Helmedon on Nov 28, 2011 | Reply

No kidding, it’s strange that although Stafford says the “glove” isn’t affecting his throws he’s thrown, what, 11 or 12 int’s since he started wearing it. Personally I think the glove, in combination with limited motion in the index finger, is affecting his accuracy and velocity. Look at the passes he’s missed, the int’s, even the completions look off a bit. You can tell he’s throwing a little different because his receivers are dropping more passes. I hate to say it, I know he needs the experience and wants to play the whole season, but they should put Hill in until Matt’s finger is healed. Hill has proven himself and Matt needs to get his head together.

6. By Lucas Ronco on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Should I drop Smith and add Brown in my fantasy team ?

7. By SANDMAN84 on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

LETS GO A.B!

8. By Tim Herremans on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Helmedon, Hill makes good decisions as he showed the end of last season 4-0

9. By Score1 on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Yea, Hill will get what done? Nice backup, thats all. Stafford needs to play the season out, learn, deal with adversity, and win. Nuff said. His interceptions haven’t all been his doing, muffed catches and bad routes can be blamed too. But some of his completions weren’t his either. Johnson grabs alot of bad passes. Young’s done well. Burleson, well lets say he needs to step up like a veteran. His head is the problem. All “rookies” over complicate their offenses after a solid start. He needs to dumb down and throw to his main men. Calvin 1st. Pettigreww 2nd, Scheffler when doubled, Young, and release to the back. Why hasn’t he gone deep to Calvin more than once a game, sometimes not even trying? Simplify and pitch it to your stars.

10. By rebobmi on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I hope the Lions rally around the fact that between injuries and Suh being suspended. They need to srep up and show everybody they are a playoff contender!

11. By GMoney67 on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Noooooo…! When has Aaron Brown EVER shown that he can run the ball? NEVER!!! Call Tiki man!! At least he’s a bigger back who won’t go down BEFORE the defensive guy hits him!! I thought the guys in the front office were trying to win this year. I guess not. First they continue to let the interception machine Stafford continue to play like puke with that broken finger and now this. Dayum! Dayum! Dayum!!!!

12. By MichiganMan on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@GMoney67-maybe you havnt watched him play or looked at Browns stats but he runs for 4.7 yards a carry which is decent and last time i checked tiki is a man who cares about nothing but himself and will screw you over in a second just to get revenge on a coach. plus off the field he insluts his team and he walked out on his pregnant wife so i say forget tiki i hope he never plays again.

13. By Tewonia on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

i want to see exactly how he works that field.

14. By stav on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I agree Matt Stafford can get the job done, but if his finger is truly broke/fractured. Give him a chance to let it heal, Sean Hill can get the job done, he has done it before. Put him in, see what he can do……”RESTORE THE ROAR” I feel good about the playoff picture right now, sooo many great talented players, it can happen!!!! I believe in my Lions!!!!

15. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 3, 2012 | Reply

Aaron Brown had straight line speed and nothing more, it takes more than track speed to make a good football player.