Suh: “I’m just happy to be back here with my teammates.”

Posted by Tara Altman on December 14, 2011 – 4:49 pm

“Watching the last two games from home was something that I had to deal with. Obviously, I would have liked to be here with my teammates, but in these circumstances I couldn’t be. I just had to deal with it the best way I knew and move past it. I’m lucky enough to be back now and I’m just happy to be back here with my teammates, getting ready to go to Oakland this weekend.

“It’s always exciting for me to play football, but this will be the first time in the last two weeks that I get to play, so I’m looking forward to that and to being on the road. There’s great odds at stake with this game and it’s all in our hands.

“Watching the defensive line, Nick (Fairley) had a fast start at New Orleans and it was unfortunate that he got nicked up and wasn’t able to finish, but things happen in the game of football and we all understand that injuries and setbacks are always a part of the game. We’re happy to have him back now, and hopefully for this weekend, so that way both Nick and myself will have an opportunity to get back on the field and help the team reach the goals that we have set out for ourselves.

“Losing guys, particularly to injuries, is the name of the NFL, especially late in the year because guys bodies get tired for whatever reasons and injures pop-up. There are also other things that you have to deal with and coach (Schwartz) has said that many, many times. We have everybody that we need in this facility and guys are going to have to step up at particular points because injuries and certain things happen. I think my teammates have done that and I look forward to being a part of it for the last three games that we have for sure and obviously, if we take care of business, we look forward to getting into the playoffs.”

Tags: ,
Posted in Ndamukong Suh Blog | 24 Comments »

24 Responses to “Suh: “I’m just happy to be back here with my teammates.””

1. By connor on Dec 14, 2011 | Reply

suh im going to estimate that u havent got any tackles in the past 2 weeks so i bet your going to unleesh the beast that u r against the raiders

2. By Richard Heyman on Dec 14, 2011 | Reply

You’ve got a ways to go to reach 2010 stats, I hope you can regain form and get another 10 sacks before the end of the season!

3. By jordan on Dec 14, 2011 | Reply

glad you back brotha we missed you

4. By sal on Dec 14, 2011 | Reply

It seems like you have really grown from that experience and are really trying to put it behind you. I believe you’ll have a great day out there in Oakland ,so we’ll the lions. You have great talent and passion for the game i highly respect that.

5. By Ann Newman on Dec 14, 2011 | Reply

We missed you! You put Detroit on the map, Baby! We will be forever grateful.

6. By T.N.E on Dec 14, 2011 | Reply

Glad to have you back!! I love how you handled the internet radio station’s host, and questions. Keep it in house, we’re glad to know your safe, and in good health and spirit. Now let’s play some ball.

7. By StaticDean on Dec 14, 2011 | Reply

Glad your back Suh. I dont care about stats. Your team mates benifit from you being there. It releases up a guy when they double team you! Thats very important for the d to have you out there and Nick got that sack against NO and stopped a few runs! Both of you I hope are going to have healthy long careers,and we are happy to see the Lions in position to get to the play offs. I’m 48 yrs old and a die hard Lions fan from birth. Born and Raise. I havent seen many years like this ever. There was a few but I hope to see alot of them with the guys we have now. You deserve to be here and us fans deserve to see you here. Good job coaches! Very nice to be apart of this!

8. By Tim D on Dec 15, 2011 | Reply

Good to see you Suh back. Heard some of the rumors about the incident that caused the suspension, and watching the footage it is clear that there was more going on than we’ve heard. Hope Suh gets out there and takes it out on opponents on the field, ’cause it wasn’t right. This is a young guy with a great attitude and what seems to be a lot of control on the field, and I think the NFL likes creating bad guys and controversy (good for business). I’m a Colts fan, but I’ve cheered the Lions since the Barry Sanders days. While my team is looking rough I’ve been enjoying watching the Lions tear teams up this year. I picked the Lion as the preseason NFC champs, and stand by that prediction. This team looks like a team ready for a Super Bowl run.

9. By paul b. on Dec 15, 2011 | Reply

Glad to have you back too. Keep up the good work and do not let these guys in your head k. Show them with your great play not by helping them get you out of your zone. Your a great guy and do not let them bring you down to there level. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! Lets all move on to the playoff’s. GO TEAM GO !! OH YES great job to cliff TOO love all you guys…

10. By Chris S. on Dec 15, 2011 | Reply

Welcome back Suh! I am glad to see you back and feeling good. Forget about all the negative fans and people out there, we as fans are happy you are here and on our team!! Lets get back to tearing it up and taking care of business. Good job to the entire D and to you Suh. Get fired up and lets get ready to take it to every team that stands in front of us!! GO LIONS!!

11. By david on Dec 15, 2011 | Reply

I get that suh doesnt want to talk about his situation nor do i care. I just want him and fairley out there playing beastly football and making these 3 games fun to watch. I really wanna see fairley and suh out there together sunday with williams and hill as the backups but we’ll see. GO LIONS!!

12. By Jokeray on Dec 15, 2011 | Reply

Welcome back, SUH! For the record, I think you are handling the media hype machine as well as possible. I wish sports media would get away from their TMZ style of reporting that they’ve gotten into. I like that you are focused on helping this TEAM win. Keep being you! God Bless, brother!

13. By Andi on Dec 15, 2011 | Reply

Suhhhhhh, welcome back. Make sure you rush Palmer off the field this Sunday! We love you man and are proud to have you playing for Detroit, keep up the great work!

14. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Dec 15, 2011 | Reply

I watched a program on the NFL channel called, “10 most feared tacklers.” Butkus was number one most feared but there were 9 others. Their hits were as bad or worse than Suh’s hits. Of course they did not stomp on anyone that I saw on the program but still the tackles and pounding into the ground was just as hard or harder than Suh’s. Rules have changed and we have to live with that and so must Suh. But he is not the worse by far.

15. By TheLionsCanDoIt on Dec 15, 2011 | Reply

Suh, We are very pleased to have you back. Just focus on your job, go for the ball and you will help the team in unbelievable ways. Thanks for being a Lion. We are all backing you up!

16. By KJ on Dec 16, 2011 | Reply

We are getting Ndom back just in time. Lions opponents are gonna do everything they can to rattle him the next three weeks. He needs to play with the heart of a Lion. Solid QB hits between the knees and helmet. 100% effort til the whistle blows and then hit the off switch. Screw the media, just keep the lines of communication open with your coaches and teamates.

17. By Ghost of Bobby Layne on Dec 16, 2011 | Reply

Its wonderful to write encouraging words to the players. And I know the following will result in a storm of hostility but: The players and coaches do not read these blogs.

18. By Justin Lessard on Dec 16, 2011 | Reply

We need u bro, get right and lets continue the dominance. Been a fan since Barry was around so u can imagine the suffering I and all Lions fans have had to endure in the past 10 years or so. But success is right here in front of us. Your the anchor, bring it hard and big. Don’t listen to the haters, we like u the way u are. The Lions have been bullied for a decade and its stopped and now were the bullies. I dont feel sorry for them. Bring it bro

19. By Matt POlfus on Dec 17, 2011 | Reply

Glad your back bro. Being surrounded by Packer fans near the border of Wisconsin up here in the U.P. is difficult but ive had faith for a long time and ive never been more excited and proud this year with our transformation on Offense and Defense. We owe alot of that to you Suh. Since the day you were drafted we knew there was somthing special. I cant wait to see ya step back on the field and dominate against the Raiders! Get at em boy! Go Lions!!!!

20. By Mark B on Dec 17, 2011 | Reply

Just glad you are back this week. All I want for Christmas is the Lions in the playoffs!

21. By Doug on Dec 18, 2011 | Reply

Go Lions. Glad to have Suh back on the field where he belongs. Being a big Husker fan from Nebraska I can’t tell you enough how much he has meant to the Nebraska program and now to my favorite NFL team, the Lions. Suh is well respected and just had a small bump in the road. He is just what the Lions needed to make it to the next level with his aggressiveness and determination. He is a leader and will lead by his exemplary play.

22. By tony saprano on Dec 18, 2011 | Reply

all of us missed you suh your the greatest the raiders are shakin in there shoes here we come raiders oh yeah wouldnt it be nice to ruin greenbays
    prefect season by winning in greenbay we havent won there in 27 years
    time to break that streak too go lions see you in the playoff tony

23. By ozob on Dec 20, 2011 | Reply

Well now I know I got balls the size of church bells. I went to the Oakland game in my Suh jersey, and watched the Lions suck the life out or the Raider fans in the last 2 minutes of the game.
    I listen to a verbal onslaught of Raider fans talking trash at the airport in Ontario, CA. and all game. I felt bad for the Raider fans, I think they lack the ability to spell. When I got on the plane they all started to say boo! So I correct them and told them “ no It’s a sssaaa sound Suh!” needless to say I ran in to a few of the A typical Raider fans you know the type I’m talking about, They ate one too many lead paint chips as a kid. Not one got chesty with me though, they would yell their insults as they ran by in the other direction and one guy tried knocking the sign I made out of my hand. He hit it like a girl so it didn’t drop. I thought the sign was pretty clever. It had the lions logo and the Raiders logo and underneath it said “ Only Your Bank Has More Penalties And Fines” so the ones that could read, the cool Raider fans got a kick out of it. I had about 15 of them take their picture with me. So it wasn’t completely bad. A hand full of lions fans were there, the true fans and the cowardly Lion fans that did not ware their colors. I give them credit for going. Not everyone is 6’5’’ and 315 lbs. In the end the comeback cats lived up to their name. I counted many coup walking back to the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). What about the all the Loud obnoxious Raider fans you ask? On my way to the train and on the plane ride home, the silence was deafening.

Welcome Back Suh!

Go Lions!

24. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Suh is going to DOMINATE this year, I think he learned some good lessons last year. Growing pains, that’s all.