Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on December 28, 2011 – 4:12 pm

“It’s cool to make the Pro Bowl. It’s definitely an honor to be elected by your peers for the second time in a row. I had a good time last year and I’m looking forward to going back … unless we’re playing. Hopefully that’s what’s going on.

“This past weekend was very relaxing. We had a couple days off trying to heal up and get fresh. That’s the biggest thing, I feel, at this time in the season. It’s not just me that thinks that, but guys that have been to the playoffs. We are just trying to be as fresh as possible going into these games.

“Players had different reactions to the win over San Diego. Some players wanted to be low-key. It’s big to some guys, it wasn’t to others. Some guys have been in Detroit for awhile, so they understand how significant it was for the city, for this organization. But there’s guys that have been on playoff teams, just as recent as last year. It might not be as big a thing to them as it is to the rest.

“I always look forward to going to Lambeau just because of the history that’s there. We’d prefer to play there earlier in the year when it isn’t zero degrees, but hopefully we’ll get some good weather on Sunday.

“It’s a big game because it’s the Packers. We haven’t won there in awhile but, at the same time, you never know what they’re going to do as far as how they’re going to play their guys because they have a first-round bye, so they may view it as, ‘I don’t want to get my guys hurt,’ and trying to keep their guys as fresh as they can. You never know.”

Posted in Calvin Johnson Blog | 12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Johnson: “It’s cool to make the Pro Bowl. I’m looking forward to going back … unless we’re playing.””

1. By paul b. on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Just play hard have fun !!! I am happy for you CJ and the rest of the team too! !
    Great JOB so far lets keep it going.

2. By Seth Pickett on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

I pray you all are in the Super Bowl as well…. Even though you wouldn’t say it…. Lets Go Lions…

3. By Chris S. on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Megatron, I am proud of all you guys and just keep fighting!! Keep encouraging everybody to go as hard as they can and lets do this thing. Congrats on the Pro Bowl, you definitely deserve it but here’s to hoping you wont be able to play in it due to being busy getting ready for the following week!! Have some fun and just play football like you guys know you can and great things will happen. Go Lions!!

4. By chris on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

congrats tron, you deserve it.

5. By Jim B on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Calvin you ok man? The word achilles freaks me out ! Hope you are ok.

6. By tODD on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

To Sir Calvin Johnson I dub thee the best reciever in the NFL…Pro Bowl is great but it is not the Superbowl….Lets make it this season …..Iets go kick the Garbage Bags Butt in Lambeau….Isnt that what the GB stands for on the uniform????…Hmmm thats what always thought Oh well see you at Lucas Stadium in 2012 on the field…You Rock number 81..

7. By Wisam Mikho on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Calvin Johnson!

I just purchased a miniature lions football helmet with your signature on it for $300. It looks nice on my desk and really motivates me to perform 100% in what ever life throws at me. It’s truly amazing and exciting watching you perform at the level that you do and how you risk your body to make these remarkable catches. Your truly an inspiring guy and Im happy that your being recognized and credited for all the effort you put week in and week out. I know your going to go down as the best receiver the NFL has seen and thats when my memorabilia is going to be completed! God bless you and your family. GOD SPEED!

8. By Jerry Edds on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

If the team can play lijke they did against S.D every team will have tough time & on to Feb. Have great game 2 tds

9. By Joe S on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

Calvin needs to come up with a Sweet “Transformer Like” TD Dance!

10. By Joe S on Jan 5, 2012 | Reply

Calvin needs to come up with a Sweet “Transformer Like” TD Dance!

11. By Stacey McDuffie on Jan 11, 2012 | Reply

We are a military family stationed in Colorado who have been making plans and casting votes for the Pro Bowl for a long time this year and season. Is Calvin Johnson going to Hawaii to possibly be there for Detroit Lions fans who are going hoping to see him and get autographs or is he jkust skipping it altogether? We are going to be out ALOT of money on this one since our only reason to go was to support him as fans. Military families don’t make alot so this is a big loss for us if he isn’t going at all. We aren’t going for any other team but our own. =(

12. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Calvin will be playing in the Super Bowl THIS season! Screw a Pro Bowl, they are boring anyway! GO LIONS!