Posted by Tara Altman on December 28, 2011 – 4:16 pm

“It was definitely a great team that we beat. There’s a lot of Pro Bowlers on that team. Obviously a Pro Bowl quarterback in Philip Rivers, as you saw with the rosters coming out last night. Being able to limit him to things that he didn’t want to do, and limiting them to a pretty small amount of yards as a total offense was good.

“Obviously our offense did a tremendous job of helping us on the defensive side. We were hardly on the field in the first half and the same thing in the second half. As a defensive player that’s good, but you do get a little bored.

“It’s always a big thing for us to want to stop the run. The Chargers weren’t a big, big running team, although they had a lot of good running backs back there, and a good friend in Ryan Matthews – stopping him is always exciting, and getting the trash talking rights. It’s always good to be able to have a good run defense against a good team like that.

“I think Green Bay has been pretty consistent with staying with their game plan and keeping their quarterback the same way, running the offense in the same exact way. Obviously you can see that (Aaron) Rodgers is aware of some weak links, or not necessarily weak links, but mismatches where he might need to move his feet a little bit more. I remember watching the game against Chicago, he moved his feet quite a bit in comparison to the beginning of the year where he wasn’t. You notice things of that sort.

“They moved the ball pretty well against us last game, but the one thing that we did was hold them to a pretty good third down percentage. Basically we have to beat them and slow them down on first and second down and then third down we know we always take care of business, we’ve been known for that. But its’ a matter of getting to that third down position. First and second down is very important to us and that’s something that we definitely need to work on and is something that we’ve been working on all season.

“For me, it’s definitely exciting to be heading into this last game knowing we’re in the playoffs. It’s always exciting being in the playoffs in the pros and I don’t expect this to be the last time that we do this. It’s a great way to start my sophomore year in the NFL and it’s a good way to really ‘start’ the end of the season.

“I’ve played in rain, I’ve played in snow, I’ve played in the bitter cold, I went to Nebraska with an outdoor field. The weather in Green Bay is definitely not an issue to me. I saw that it was 20 degrees when Chicago was playing them. I look forward to it, still being in no sleeves.”

Tags: ,
Posted in Ndamukong Suh Blog | 21 Comments »

21 Responses to “Suh: “It’s definitely exciting to be heading into this last game knowing we’re in the playoffs.””

1. By Phil Sibbald on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

You need to settle down a little bit. You can be the most dominating Defensive Tackle in the league if you just bring it down a notch. You or the team do not benefit you getting major penalties and ejected from the game. I love your passion for the game, but we need you in there to wreck havoc to the opposition. Good luck against Green Bay and hope to see you for years to come.

2. By john on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

Mr Ndamokung Suh…..i have been a lions fan since i was 5 yrs old (59 years), and i am so happy for you guys…..you have made me and all lions fans so proud of your determination and passion to be the best……good luck sunday and in the play offs. I am looking forward to seeing the lions go ALL THE WAY! also i will be wearing your jersey as a good luck token ROAR LIONS, ROAR

3. By Phil on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

Know matter who is playing for Greenbay a win there is a big deal. I can still remember the team winning there in 1991….Take it to them Lions.

4. By Laura on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

This has been the best year for me as a Lions Fan. Such amazing defense and play action. NO ONE SHUTS OFF THE GAME during the third quarter anymore against my LIONS!! Whether you win or lose this game, you are still all WINNERS and this woman will never ever give up hope for your Superbowl game soon!

5. By mike on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Long time Lions fans are very proud of what you all as a team have accomplished. We needed to see our LIONS ROARIN and tearin up field. Thank you all and GO GET YOUR HANDS ON DA PACK!!!!

6. By buck on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

I was 5 years old the last time the Lions won a championship, they are long overdue for one. Hope you guys are the team that can do it, feel the team is peaking at just the right time. I’m a big fan, no football game moves me like the Lions games do and the past decade has been rough on us true Lion fans. Don’t have your jersey but I’d wear it with pride, thank you and the team for how you play for Detroit, warms an older guys heart. From SW Michigan, we love you back here too. Go Lions!

7. By paul b. on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Have a great game !! Be yourself and play hard .. Would olove to see you all in the big dance..

8. By Seth Pickett on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Suh, thanks for bring your pride to the LIONS…. Been fans since 1980 & it feels good to know we can beat any team in the NFL….

9. By Chris S. on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Suh for being the guy you are and never giving in…Keep playing with that fire and passion and keep pushing the other guys to play with the same intensity! This team is primed for great things and its obvious that everybody will play as hard as they can and never give up, and its great to know that we have a team like that now. Keep it up guys and Suh, just keep tearing it up as usual on sunday and pump the guys up! Go LIONS!!

10. By john sprenger on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

I HOPE THE LIONS WIN ON SUNDAY. THAT WAY YOU WON’T BURN DOWN THE CITY. I FORGOT YOU WILL BURN IT DOWN WIN OR LOSE

11. By StaticDean on Dec 30, 2011 | Reply

Suh you did great this year. The sacks will come as the defense gets stronger. They can’t double team everyone! That game winning block was a result of your skills and hard play. You showed the world who you are! And that was a direct result of you being on the field and in the game! We need you in all the games-remember that! You can’t get pay back after the whistle only while the plays our going on. Thats when you get the most paybacks and the most respect! You are the Barry Sanders of the defense. Everything you do on every play frees up an opportunity for our defense to do something spectacular! Hope I can get up there during the off season to get your autograph and the rest of the teams autographs as well! YOU GUYS ROCK! Good luck with the playoffs and with your career!

12. By kevin kbakil on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Bro Suh that Green Bay cold is something different!!!! You might consider sleeves.

13. By Wisam Mikho on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Suh, do what ever it takes to make it happen out there. We love what you do and the passion you have for the game, and Im glad that passion and drive is here in Detroit. I will go to battle with you anytime my man! Good Luck out there!

14. By Gary on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Suh, thanks for a great year and going to the playoffs. I wear #90, with your name every Gameday at the SWFL fan club in Port Charlotte, FL. We plan on cheering the Lions al the way to 2/4/12

15. By Jerry Edds on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I hope you are bored Sunday then tear them up, when your out there.
    Never really paid much attion to a apecfic defensive player until you came along your like watching Berry was like FUN have a great game.

16. By chuckwicketts on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

Ndamokung, thanks for blocking that FG against Oakland. As a kid, the first Lion game I remember was the Saints winning on Tom Dempsey’s 63 yard FG. All I thought on that attempt was “here we go again…same old Lions.” That block finally made me a believer. These are not the same old Lions and you’re a huge part of it.

17. By Writingman on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Dear Mr. Suh,

Your arrogant taunting of Green Bay’s 2nd string quarterback was pitiable. Not only did he pass at will, he beat your butt. And for this you feel arrogant enough to taunt? You should be hanging your head in shame instead. I only pray to God that some team offers a fifth round draft choice in trade for your services and I hope management takes up the deal. You have exhibited little self-discipline too often for me. And now you act like you’re some kind of super-hero when you’re little more than yet another flash-in-the pan, self-promoting player. The sooner the Lions are rid of you, the sooner they have a true chance at winning a Super-Bowl.

Gene

18. By joey on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

suh was so cocky with the rodger move makes me wonder if he wants to be like him . this was a time cocky hurt them

19. By Suh Fan on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Okay, you were suspended and things were not going so good for you for a while. I understand you have a life outside of football and things happen that can distract you and disrupt your normal routine. That being said, we need you back for the Saints. You can control the beast. Please let him out again.

20. By Steve in Saginaw on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

Suh,
    The defenses will determine the outcome of Week 17. I personally think Detroit has a better defense than NO.
    You guys MUST serve some pain to Brees!

NO PENALTIES!!!
    NO PENALTIES!!!
    NO PENALTIES!!!

Take it to ‘em boys!

Big Fan

21. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 3, 2012 | Reply

How SWEET it was to be watching the Leos in the playoffs again! Get used to it Lions fans! I need to buy season tickets!