Posted by ttwentyman on January 3, 2012 – 5:40 pm

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was forced to watch the Lions’ previous meeting with the Saints December 4 on television from his families home in Portland, Oregon as he served the first game of a league-mandated two-game suspension.

“For me it was obviously difficult, I obviously always want to be with my teammates, being able to support them,” Suh said Tuesday as he prepares to face the Saints for the first time this season. “I’m in a position now that I can really help them and I look forward to doing that and being a big part of this opportunity.”

Suh said that he treated the first game like a game-film session and certainly wasn’t watching it as a fan.

“I watched the game as a football player, so I’m watching the defenses and the offenses, seeing what they’re doing,” he said.

But Suh said he didn’t gain as much out of the experience as would have hoped. There’s no substitute for game experience, I guess. He said there was one benefit, though. Being able to rewind and go back and see a play again.

Suh said he’s excited for a chance to help on the field this time around.

“It’s a great opportunity to go against them, they obviously have a lot of Pro Bowlers on their offensive line, so it’s always a great challenge. I’m excited to be able to play in that stadium, I’ve heard a lot of good things about it and it’s going to be a fun opportunity,” he said.

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “Suh looking forward to be playing Saints this time around and not watching on television”

1. By steve on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

frontline pin your ears back everyplay. get your hands up bat balls aim to push the o line through there own endzone we are counting on you for pressure. Brees does not work near as well when that happends. Delmas will help pump the team up. the lions O will due there part you just have to play sold d and the game is are’s.” KEEP THE PENILTIES DOWN ” and show why the lions are the new king of the jungle.

2. By Megan Wilson on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

good advice steve. are you a sportswriter? just noticing your attention to details.

3. By smyttie on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

We will get crushed, Maybe we get lucky and Brees breaks arm but then again we seen what back-up QB do to us are defense is Garbage suh is a joke why did he do AR Belt why he didn’t do a thing does he realize he embarrass us as fans with his pathetic behaviorI am so done with this BUM.

4. By Will on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

I agree steve, It is imperative that the lions apply pressure on Brees. The last couple of games the front four has not got to the opposing quarter back. Will might have to send blitzs in order to get to Brees. If we allow Brees to get comfortable it will be a long evening for the lions and the lions fans.

Lets put the heat on the quarter back and we will move on to the next round.
    GO LIONS

5. By steve on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

no just a die hard fan lions fan 4 life and this team has the potentcial to be a hystoric. And they are not that far away. Things they need to improve on are there covrage cb i see very little hand up when the balls are close and the tackling is very weak on the outside. I think that will be ajusted come next year.a little tweak to the o line to start opening some hole for the back to get in two. best and leshore stay healthy and if leshore is the hard nose back the lions need I think this team is a recking ball. and penalties are huge this team shoots thereself in the foot alot and it cost. and the clock management need a little tuning in close games when we have the ball for a chance to win and we pound it in but give teams to much time to play with to come back.

6. By steve on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

but all in all this team will be great for a long time they are young and improvivg.GO LIONS THE SKY IS THE LIMIT. IT’S NOT THE SIZE OF DOG IN THE FIGHT IT’S THE SIZE OF FIGHT IN THE DOG GO LIONS

7. By dundeepete on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

Got to jump on them EARLY! Won’t be able to take fans out of the game,but we got to get them subdued. Remember we need to play it hard and clean. Refs will be looking to nail us any time they can. You’re not going to get the calls in NO or Green Bay. What a coincidence…both of them were 8-0 at home. Offense need to mix it up…screens and short slants. Get tightends involved a lot. And then BANG go for the fly to Titus or Calvin. On ‘D’, pressure on Brees, keep him contained. Bring it up the middle hard with some corner pressure. Everyone tackle LOW and HARD. Just DO IT !!!!!!!

8. By Charita on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

Yeah Yeah Yeah…He better just play nice… I remember the Delhomme helmet move. I like the dude I do. You better tell him how to calm down and realize that he is playing people not sacks of potatoes and rag dolls. Dont wanna mess with the Nation… And good luck cause you can’t hear in the Dome…

9. By Brandon on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

It’s gonna’ help if Delmas and Houston are healthy in the secondary. With Delmas back there everybody else will feel a little safer about making plays on the ball. Now that Suh is back, and if Fairley is healthy I don’t care what kind of pro bowlers NO has up front; they’ll have their hands full. Watch the penalties though and keep that passion between the whistles- don’t let ‘em bait you. And when you hear all the Saints’ fans roaring, know Detroit is roaring louder all across the country, cheering on the best team we’ve ever had! Screw restoring the roar. We’re gonna’ come outta’ the tall grass and take ‘em down by the neck!

10. By BIGBILL on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

Stafford, Suh, Schwartz, and the rest of the Lions will be crying like the sad little babies they are after this Saturday night. As much as it’s great to see these guys make the playoffs for the first time since 1999, they will be sorely reminded of just how far they still have to go. The Saints are a powerhouse that will crush us so badly in the Superdome that we will all see how much this team needs to improve to even think about the Super Bowl. Does anyone really believe that we have a chance here? You think the last game was close? The Saints are probably embarrassed about how close it was. Wait until you see what a real ass-whipping is this Saturday night. Better yet, maybe it would be better not to watch to avoid thoughts of suicide…

11. By menteur on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

I hope the fans come into the game as always…GO SAINTS GO

12. By SAINTS-n-2012 on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

As a Saints fan, I always love a great challenge and I view this game no different. Suh is a force that we did not have to deal with the first go round and I am sure that the Saints will adjust accordingly. I wish your team well because win or lose, the Lions have had a great season. By the way, my second favorite team is the lions due to posting the Colors on the field for 2 years in Pontiac in 1999 and 2000. Good luck

13. By Dave "Waz" on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

There’s a lot of good takes on this game in these blogs. The most important…no stupid penalties. Just based on our reputation we will be under a microscope. This can’t inhibit our pass rush. That is key. A strong rush takes less pressure off our secondary. We need it. Delmas being back is a big plus. With our inspirational leader in the secondary back, maybe they’ll perform better than last week? In another blog, I ripped our secondary big time. Playing physical, bump and run, that’s the ticket. Disrupt those N.O. pass routes. Giving them the 10 yard cushion won’t cut it. They are cover guys…COVER!

14. By russbell on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

does anyone know we have a reciver in the game names terrance
    tovlier hes big and fast well just saying ;] go lions