Lions draft LB Travis Lewis in the seventh round

Posted by ttwentyman on April 28, 2012 – 6:08 pm

The Lions continued their run on players from Oklahoma by drafting linebacker Travis Lewis in the seventh round (No. 223 overall).

They took receiver Ryan Broyles in the second round and fellow linebacker Ronnell Lewis in the fourth.

Travis Lewis (6-2, 246) was tied for the team lead in tackles last year with 89. He has six tackles for loss and two sacks. He was a four-year starter at Oklahoma as an outside linebacker with 451 career tackles.

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “Lions draft LB Travis Lewis in the seventh round”

1. By BillyBob on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

What’s with the Lions drafting so many Oklahoma Sooner players

2. By Rick Mohr on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

I hope we didnt do another Millen draft. A WR on a 2nd pick ??? I sure hope he’s
    worth it. We have come a long way to go backwards. GO LIONS

3. By K.B, York on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

Sounds like a great 7th round pick. Sounds like someone who should have went in the 5th or 6th round.

4. By Don on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

Travis Lewis Sounds like a Great LBer!
    I am going to check vidio on all these Guy’s, Can’t wait.
    I am Really happy about the CB selections also!
    Chris Greenwood is a Home Boy and I know that I love that!
    And I did some reading on Jonte Green from New Mexico State and he sounds Really good Also. I will go looking for tape on all these guy’s even though I know that they are a Fine Addition to our TEAM allready!
    I have been to New Mexico and it is a Real Cool place to be Sept for the Climate it’s a bit on the warm side. But it is a beautiful State.
    And I love this LBer Tahir Whitehead! He will be a Player that will give all he has!
    Great Pick!
    This Draft is a Bit Differant then I thought it would be. But, it has Got Me thinking that…….
    I don’t want to say Nothin at this Point, But what I will say is that I believe that a lot is going to be changing on our Team than just Players. ?
    We’ll see.
    GO LIONS! (:

5. By Bill OConnor on Apr 30, 2012 | Reply

This was one of my favorite picks. T. Lewis has great potential and a great attitude about wanting to prove the Lions made a good decision in drafting him..I have faith in most all their picks. Whitehead will have to work on catching the ball with his hands and not his chest, but still good potential. should give them solid depth.

6. By UnknownWriter on May 1, 2012 | Reply

The depth this draft gives the Lions will really help this team in the long run.

7. By Detroit Lions Junkie on May 18, 2012 | Reply

I don’t rewlly know much about Travis, but I am SUPER-PUMPED about Ronnell Lewis, he’s a BEAST!