Early look at the jersey numbers for Lions draft picks

Posted by ttwentyman on May 1, 2012 – 12:44 pm

Can’t wait to go out and buy that new Nike Riley Reiff jersey? How about representing “The Hammer” Ronnell Lewis at Ford Field next year?

Well, here’s an early look the jersey numbers for all eight of the Lions’ draft picks.

Riley Reiff #71

Ryan Broyles #84

Bill Bentley #28

Ronnell Lewis #97

Tahir Whitehead #59

Chris Greenwood #33

Jonte Green #36

Travis Lewis #50

Tags: , , , , , , ,

31 Responses to “Early look at the jersey numbers for Lions draft picks”

1. By Dave on May 1, 2012 | Reply

I really believe no one should ever wear #84 again. It should be retired. Herman Moore was one of the best WR’s to ever play for the Lions.

2. By Kevin on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Why are you calling Dwight Bently Bill Bently?

3. By BG on May 1, 2012 | Reply

#81 will be retired long before #84 ever will. Herman Moore was a G and one of my favorite Lions, but if they haven’t done it by now they never will. I hope Broyles understands what that number stands for (he is probably too young though)

4. By Prince on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Dave I was just thinking the same thing. They aren’t giving Herman any type of respect for what he has done. I don’t believe I see anyone wearing Porcher number.

5. By Zack on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Any word on Kellen Moore’s number since Logan is #11. I love picking up Kellen Moore as a #3 QB

6. By scott davis on May 1, 2012 | Reply

i agree with dave. moore played nearly his whole career in detroit and put up numbers like no one before him! 84… shut it down!

7. By ghost on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Is Bobby Layne’s number 22 retired? What other lions numbers are retired.

8. By scott davis on May 1, 2012 | Reply

20 is done

9. By Steven on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Totally agreed dave what a shame

10. By joe on May 1, 2012 | Reply

dave your right herman moore was my fav reciver and always will be 84 in my book i still have his old jersey

11. By rockbo1955 on May 1, 2012 | Reply

I think that numbers okay, they can always change if need be but watch out number 36 this kid is legit and really fast and was one of those I cant beleive no drafted him!

12. By Andrew on May 1, 2012 | Reply

@Kevin

It’s a nickname he got when he was younger. He’s smaller than average, so people would call him Little Bill, from the cartoon tv show. He’s been called that so long, it stuck.

13. By Odie442 on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Reiff will have some big shoes to fill. He is also doing an honor wearing #71. 71 was worn by Alex Karras who was also drafted out of Iowa as a 1st round pick by the Lions.

14. By IdahoLion on May 1, 2012 | Reply

The #3 QB never gets any respect. There will be teams wishing they would have picked him up. Good job Lions!

15. By Bryan on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Bill is his name he goes by…

16. By Jeremy on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Sammie Lee Hill wears 91.

17. By furiousstylz32 on May 1, 2012 | Reply

I Agree with Dave #84 Herman Moore!!!!

18. By J.C.Molynx on May 1, 2012 | Reply

Bentley got the name bill cause he looks like lil bill from the kids show and the name stuck

19. By Andrew on May 1, 2012 | Reply

I agree that they should retire #84 jersey in respect of Herman Moore and shouldn’t be used on an unproven rookie or an unsuccessful veteran (ex Tai Streets). Go Lions

20. By Andrew on May 1, 2012 | Reply

I just bought a Bentley Jersey, # 28 is my favorite number & Corner back favorite position hopefully he will pan like my hero Yale Lary : )

21. By chuck on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Since they never retired #20 for Lem Barney, there’s no way they should retire #84 for Moore.

22. By ghost on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Andrew, Yale Lary, you go back a ways too. Man what a punter he was.

23. By zedrick on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Dwight Bently got the nickname “Bill” in grade school,after the character “Little Bill” the cartoon.Kid’s told him they look alike.

24. By Brian on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Pettigrew wore 84 for a year then switched, maybe once this guy figures it out, he’ll change as well

25. By BlueTurfLion on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Picked up another Boise State Bronco at a great value…think we’ll be pleasantly surprised by the addition just like we were with Titus. Interested to see him in the Pre-Season…

26. By BlueTurfLion on May 2, 2012 | Reply

2+0+8 (Boise) +3+1+3 (the D) = #17 for Kellen Moore = right next to 16 Titus Young

27. By Pallula on May 2, 2012 | Reply

Curious about Kellen Moore’s number too.

28. By Kim on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Can I still reply?

29. By Kim on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I know that free agency is a battle against all others and is probably pretty hectic, however I think you should have a group of 5 to 8 people who are on top of these players to get some valuable and needed positions filled. My example- Rb- Tauren Poole, OG- Jaymes Brooks, OG- James Brown, OG- Lucas Nix, OT- Levy Adcock, C- Mike Brewster, CB-Cliff Harris, CB- Ryan Steed, CB- Chase Minnifield, CB- Coyell Judie, S- Aaron Henry, S- Janzen Jackson, S- Phillip Thomas, OLB- Braylon Broughton, DE- Adeale Ojomo, DE- Eric Lattimore, and OG- Rishaw Johnson. I would think this method WOULD speed up the ability to get to the top.

30. By Kim on May 5, 2012 | Reply

For example, look at Baltimore, they did a fine job of picking up talent. QB John Brantley will be a good one and we should of picked him up to be our future No.2 QB. We are doing a good job however this draft and FA is a very important phase in this managements rebuilding efforts. They need to cover every phase and complete it thourghly. Already we could of had Jarius Byrd S instead of Louis Delmas, Mike Wallace wr instead of Derrick Williams, Matt Slauson OG for 3 years with the Jets instead of Rb- AAron Brown. Also Jared Veidheer OT instead of Amari Spievey S and then Kam Chancellor S instead of OT- Jason Fox. The effort needs to tackle the ego.

31. By RG on May 5, 2012 | Reply

WOW, you guys really need to lay off Broyles, first he gets drafted in the second round and now since his number 85 is taken, he is getting chewed up cause a number?? I bet if Calvin Johnson wore that number no one would care.