Broyles: “Guys are starting to catch on and play like themselves.”

Posted by Tara Altman on May 12, 2012 – 2:11 pm

“Today was same old, same old: woke up, ate breakfast, had a team meeting talking about day two and the schedule, then we split up into offense/defense to go over day two install, got a little more in depth into the playbook. Had a little review of yesterday, watched film and went out to practice. Guys are starting to catch on and play like themselves and not really worry about the playbook too much, so it looked a little bit better today.

“The facility is nice. We get here at 6-7 o’clock in the morning and leave here at 9 at night. Everything we need is here. I was texting a friend last night and I said the only thing we don’t have here is a bed. We have everything we need: locker room, film, fields – everything you need football-wise. The food is good too; today there was a healthy choice, chicken, and a corn dog – I had to go with that today.

“Therapy – it hurts, but it’s good. Yesterday I worked out in front of the coaches and the doctors and did a little circuit to see how I was. Today was just going back to the strength part of it, doing some weights. It’s good that they get high on me and it’s always good to mix it up. I started therapy when I was out in California, they have a whole different deal there, then I went back to school and that was a whole different deal and now I’m here with a whole different deal. It’s good to mix it up and shock your muscles a little bit.

“Getting the grasp of the playbook, that’s the most important thing right now. Fitting in with these guys, we’re all rookies, so we’re all on the same page right now being new to everything. Really I’m just building friendships, learning the playbook and getting to know the staff before the older guys get here, which is next week I believe.

“I’m excited for the vets to come in. We watch film on them and it’s crazy, you see them on game day, on TV, and you get to go in there and watch film of them on the practice field and see the connection. Now we’re about to sit in the same meeting room as them, it’s going to be a good deal and I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from them.”

Posted in Ryan Broyles Blog | 10 Comments »

10 Responses to “Broyles: “Guys are starting to catch on and play like themselves.””

1. By Don on May 12, 2012 | Reply

Ryan Broyles, I am LOL allready. You said Older Guy’s dude!
    UH OH! Watch that The Older Guy’s Might be getting you to Carry all thier Gear for them! (: LOL!
    Great to have you here in the “D” !
    GO LIONS!

2. By dcleve126 on May 12, 2012 | Reply

I think this rookie will have a great season, after the those older guys (vets) have some fun and welcome him to the brotherhood of being a Lion reciever

3. By bamfu on May 12, 2012 | Reply

the most important thing injured/rehabbing players can do outside of letting the healing process take its course is to be joined at the hip with the playbook. just keep doing that and taking it day by day and you’ll be all healed up both physically and mentally in no time. seriously can’t wait :)

4. By juice5114 on May 13, 2012 | Reply

stoked to see this guy hit the field cant wait

5. By lovethemsooners on May 13, 2012 | Reply

Well at least when Ryan gets the ‘rookie hazing’, he’ll have a few former team mates to help him through. What an advantage it is for Broyles, Lewis, Lewis, and Proctor to all come in together.

6. By russbell on May 14, 2012 | Reply

ARE YOU AS GOOD AS TITUS YOUNG WE WILL SEE HOPE SO
    GO LIONS

7. By mike on May 15, 2012 | Reply

and the Ryan Broyles pr campaign has begun…..still was the wrong pick in the second round…..he sure likes to talk……

8. By Detroit Lions Junkie on May 18, 2012 | Reply

Broyels is gonna be a monster in that slot. I look forward to seeing him play!

9. By Ryan on May 20, 2012 | Reply

Mike – saying Ryan Broyles was the wrong pick in the 2nd round… first of all, fuck you. Don’t go bashing on a guy that’s literally doing everything he can while injured.

Second of all, you say that NOW. When this kid is catching over 1000 yards his first full year in detroit, we’ll see what you’re saying then.

10. By mike on May 21, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, you have to quit sipping the kool aide and be realistic. When receivers are running free like they were last year, you will see it…..Schwartz has already started the pr campaign for Aaron Berry and the holdovers from last year…..there comes a time when a defense has to stop someone, you can’t rely on the offense all the time…….