Bill Bentley on Monday’s workout with the Lions’ vets

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on May 14, 2012 – 12:57 pm

After participating in this past weekend’s mini-camp, signed rookies are now eligible to participate in the team’s voluntary workout program, putting them with veteran players for the first time.

Cornerback Bill Bentley – the Lions’ third-round draft choice – offered insight into camp and Monday’s workout.

On the rookie mini-camp: “The weekend was great. The first impression was pretty good. I came and learned a few things, got adjusted to speed and am picking up every day as I try to progress and get better.”

On Monday’s workout: “I came out and got good conditioning in and that was pretty good. You’ve got stay in shape and keep your endurance up.”

On working with veterans and rookies together: “I kind of felt more comfortable with the veterans being here because they know more and you learn from them as time goes on. I’m just trying to learn from those veterans and help to contribute in any way that I can.”

On which veterans made an impact: “Alphonso Smith and Aaron Berry. All those guys were reaching out early and helping me try to learn things fast so I can contribute to the team and they welcomed me with hands open. I really appreciate that.”

7 Responses to “Bill Bentley on Monday’s workout with the Lions’ vets”

1. By Shane D on May 14, 2012 | Reply

Bill bentley u will be a great asset to our boys in the honolulu blue and silver my money ison you to be at the very least the nickel back and possibly even be the opposite ofmr houston … we are counting on u to assist in bringing the lombardi to motown very soon welcome to MOTOR CITY MR BENTLEY

2. By jeff giuliani on May 14, 2012 | Reply

The lions desperately needed oline and secondary. Everything I have heard about you sound great and we were lucky to get you. You no longer have to be ashamed to be a Lion or a lion fan anymore. Hope you are one of the final pieces to get us to the super bowl. I hope you can agree to a contract quick and take full advantage of all the coaches have to offer.

3. By russbell on May 14, 2012 | Reply

WELCOME MR BENTLEY

4. By Dwight Slaughter on May 14, 2012 | Reply

Bill Bentley I hope ur a good DB in this league and for the team but u should had used DWIGHT!!!! Put the name on the map man…THATS MY NAME!!! ur nice name should b WHITE OUT BENTLEY.. LION PRIDE

5. By Hogfish on May 15, 2012 | Reply

This is now a career. The position is there. Study, research, view the films of the past all pros, conditioning. Be the player.

6. By Shane D on May 15, 2012 | Reply

Bill we are all in your corner and i agree with the gentleman above i also hope u are one of the final pieces needed to start bring championships to motown

7. By mike on May 16, 2012 | Reply