Lions WR Titus Young back at OTA practice

Posted by ttwentyman on May 29, 2012 – 10:44 am

Lions receiver Titus Young is back with his teammates Tuesday participating in the team’s Organized Team Activity (OTA).

Young did not participate in voluntary practices last week after he was involved in a scuffle with safety Louis Delmas the previous week, in which Young reportedly punched Delmas.

He released this statement before Tuesday’s practice:

“My recent actions have not always been up to the standards the Lions expect or the standards that I expect from myself. I am truly sorry for those times when I didn’t meet those standards,” he said.

“My absence from the practice facility and the OTAs last week was necessary for both myself and the team.

“The time away from the team afforded me the opportunity to reflect and come to the realization that by putting those incidents behind me I will be able to focus on becoming the best teammate and player that I can be.”

Young is expected to play a larger role in the offense this season after catching 48 passes for 607 yards and six touchdowns as a rookie.

7 Responses to “Lions WR Titus Young back at OTA practice”

1. By msusteve280 on May 29, 2012 | Reply

Any word on the interaction between Delmas and Young? I would love to hear of a handshake, a pat on the back, or something of the sorts.

2. By John on May 29, 2012 | Reply

Hi.. could you tell the team that this entire state is going threw hash time with foreclosures, people unable to work, and that there is people like me that have gone threw hell. With vary bad health, near death do to malnutrition do to Crohn’s, and coming out of all that to see your players, “ Michigan’s team” doing all that stooped stuff… I had to fined new goals, dreams and ambitions because mine was taken away. 5 years of unwillingly going threw hell and there are JAs that willingly waste there life. To tell you how I feel about that fully will cause me to get a flair up but what I will say is this. I see people starving, I see people crying….and all do to stuff they have no control over and I know so many people that would almost do any thing to even get one-eighth of what the kickers get in just one year only. This is just sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!! idk how else to tell you (the limp cats) how ticked of us fans are getting at all drugs and alcohol use

3. By rockbo1955 on May 29, 2012 | Reply

I am sorry for your situation! I am poor to and I am also dieing and have a liitle some insight to whats happening in your life! I have learned to not get angry about what the players make! I cant change that and niether can you but enough that! young was put on a time out by the team and not the coach and thats what needed and the others some of who our on there last chance! I beleive in three strikes you out but two is not enough to lose a good player and the team is involed and unfortanately we our not in training camp or playing football! there our a bunch of writers out throwing gasoline on the flames just to have something to write about but when says the detroit lions stupid or have nol discipline thats not true there 85 other guys not doing anything stupid and its not fair to get on the lions people can see through what they our saying but to buy in on cut this person and trade someone ( which I beleive fans of min,chi,pac fans saying this to fan the flames we must stand by our team and the team must control those players and I hope to that young apologize to the players involed and the rest of his team mates before this public apology and I pray he beats this because this year will be a little harder because the other teams now what he can do now! but the rooke wr receivers will help him and make it harder two dounble team megatron anmd wont have enough players to cover them all! and the defense will be better and fully healed and will have some back to realeave so players so they can stay fresh and we will be stopping other offence this year! that will make a big difference and we need young and I pray he has learned from his teamates that is now accountable to them and act accordingly!GO LIONS!

4. By Kirk on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Wow this is depressing.

5. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

I hope this kid gets his act together. Sheesh….

6. By motllee92 on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

I hope this kid reads these comments…

7. By Tomasai1213 on Jun 8, 2012 | Reply

Let’s get it together boys. We had an amazing season last year with the promise of a better one to come. These indiscretions only damage the team and at the end of the day, it’s about the team. Make headlines that pay tribute to a solid respectable team that I know we have.