Statement from Lions WR Titus Young

Posted by ttwentyman on May 29, 2012 – 10:18 am

Lions receiver Titus Young has released a statement on his absence from OTAs last week.

It reads:

“My recent actions have not always been up to the standards the Lions expect or the standards that I expect from myself. I am truly sorry for those times when I didn’t meet those standards.

“My absence from the practice facility and the OTAs last week was necessary for both myself and the team.

“The time away from the team afforded me the opportunity to reflect and come to the realization that by putting those incidents behind me I will be able to focus on becoming the best teammate and player that I can be.”

Young did not participate in voluntary practices last week after he was involved in a scuffle with safety Louis Delmas the previous week, in which Young reportedly punched Delmas.

6 Responses to “Statement from Lions WR Titus Young”

1. By Andrew on May 29, 2012 | Reply

Titus is a big piece of the puzzle. I hope he truly has learned and is ready to move on to do great things with the Lions. We need a young player to step up and set an example for the rest of the newcomers who haven’t quite figured out how to keep from hurting the team off the field.

With that said, I can’t wait to see #16 out there making more great plays for Detroit. Exciting dude to watch.

2. By UnknownWriter on May 29, 2012 | Reply

I know there are many 600+ yrad receivers out there trying to find NFL jobs. Unless Young proves that he is willing to go the extra mile to improve himself both on and off the field, I wouldn’t feel bad if Young is traded. The apology is a start. But his actions from here out need to be closely followed and scrutinized.

Is he helping the community? Is he trying to be a good role model for kids in the Detroit area? Is he watching film? Is he getting in extra reps with Stafford or spending extra time in the weight room? Is he going over the playbook with other players or coaches? All of these answers should be yes. If there is a no somewhere, it should be addressed.

The Road to Purgatory is an easy road to find. The Road Out of Purgatory is the hardest road of all.

3. By poot on May 30, 2012 | Reply

His agent deserves credit for this finely crafted statement. Shut up, stop acting like you’re still in whatever ghetto you’re from, and produce. Otherwise, you’re just another welfare lifer with a brief respite to me.

4. By Kirk on May 30, 2012 | Reply

I love how the website pulled my comment on how Titus agent or the Lions PR guy wrote that statement for him. Let’s not have a commie ran website 5 min after this article was posted I commented. Thank you Lions IT dept.

5. By Detroit Lions #1 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Titus Young needs to grow up and grow up QUICK! I didn’t expect this mess from him.

6. By Boober on May 31, 2012 | Reply

Who would wanna punch Delmas? That’s wierd. His (playful) practice field smack talk probably got misunderstood or something. Would be nice to know what happened. Anyway… no more punching Delmas. He’s one of my favorite players.