Broyles: “I feel like it’s closer then ever right now. The time will be soon.”

Posted by Tara Altman on July 28, 2012 – 9:23 am

“I got married July 7, so a little bit before that I was back home, getting some preparation done for the wedding and working out, doing therapy. The wedding was a good time. Friends, family – we all enjoyed it.

“On July 8 we went to Paris for four days, then Rome for four days. It was hard to get away because I was still thinking about needing to get work in, so I had my football gear and all that stuff out there. I found time in the morning to do my football stuff and workout and what not. After that, we did a lot of sightseeing.

“When I got back here, we finalized our move up here. I got my cars up here, my house situated, and now we’re in camp. The rookies had to report about four days before the older guys. I just came in, conditioned everyday and worked out. Now we’re back into practice.

“Rehab hasn’t stopped since the day I got hurt, you know. I’m on pace. I talked to the doctors yesterday and I’m looking good. I’m ready to just get out there whenever I can, whenever that time might come, and I feel like it’s closer then ever right now. The time will be soon.

“Today was good. I didn’t get to do much out there, but I worked with the strength coaches doing some routes and things like that, working my knee to see where I was from the offseason, working alone to see where I am now and just go from there.

“Being inside was a little disappointing. You always want to be around the fans and let them see how the life is inside this locker room and be around the guys that put in the work. It’s definitely something we want to share with them, but they’ll get another chance to come out. The weather wasn’t so good, so we had to be inside, but we’ll definitely spend some time with them, sign some autographs when the time is right.”

Posted in Ryan Broyles Blog | 11 Comments »

11 Responses to “Broyles: “I feel like it’s closer then ever right now. The time will be soon.””

1. By Golferjohn on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Great to hear your progressing. Can’t wait to see you out there in the Honolulu blue and silver. I wish everyone on the team was as open to the fans as you have been. Good luck in rehab.

2. By Little on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Don’t rush the rehab process Mr. Broyles, we need you long term so you can be healthy for our playoff run. Welcome to the D and God Bless.

3. By rockbo1955 on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

I have been a fan of yours from the get go you have done everything ask of you and you have a maturity beyond your years! the catches i have seen you make in college I have no doubt you will be a great player for the lions and I wish you a heartfelt addition to the detroit lions ! good luck and may you wear the detroit lions jersey for a long time! go lions!

4. By Tim on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Dont’t rush anything and don’t worry about getting out there too early for the fans. Take your time and do it right and you will get there but you have to take care of yourself before tou can take care of anything else.

5. By Jack Jarvis. on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Keep it up Ryan…can’t wait to see you out there!

6. By dreameagle on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

looks like this boy just became a man…and maybe, just maybe, is ready to play a man’s game on sundays;

let’s hope so, because no one could argue after this spring we’ve got more than our fair share of boys…

7. By russbell on Jul 29, 2012 | Reply

wish you the best ryan welcome to detroit hope you are as good as they
    say cause we need you to be great not just good its hot in oaklahoma
    lived in tulsa i remeber its 104 degree days youll enjoy the cooler weather
    here. go lions whip up on thoses cheese heads russ its hammer time

8. By dan on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

Dreameagle-
    Bet that “boy” can kick your dupa.
    Welcome to the Detroit Lions who have nothing since Barry Sanders was here.
    I see you as a puzzle piece……..
    Prove me wrong.

9. By George Greco on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

Is broyles going to see snaps game 1?

10. By dreameagle on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

must i, Dan?

were you a fan when their featured runner was “Hopalong” Cassidy? how about Mel Farr? Steve Owens?

what do you know of the defensive and offensive innovations we brought to the league–i.e., Nose Tackle (Les Bingamin), split end (Terry Barr, when he was playing cornerback), receiving TE (Doak Walker), the hop-step first step DT read (Alex Karras), the two TEs as WRs we were doing back in the 1980s?

were you there to see that entirely illegal 63-yard FG we just missed blocking at the goal post?

did you know that suckering Dallas with Roy Williams was sweet revenge for sticking us with Amos Marsh?

did you know the REAL troubles we have with GB go back to the game Milt Plum deliberately threw in 1962 to them on Lambeau Field via a pick right at Herb Adderly, to settle his gambling debts Bill Ford shielded his pet player from the rant of the racist Pete Rozelle (look how he went after Lionel Aldridge openly for wanting to marry a blonde and yet allowed owners like George Preston Marshall to set quotas for minority players on their teams) who used the convenient excuse of “gambling” EVERY owner from Rooney to Rosenbloom was guilty of EVERY sunday, to punish Karras and Schmidt for trying to kill Plum in the locker room after the game?

just how much do you truly know about the game and the team, sir?

just what Musberger spoon feeds you straight from the league offices?

would that be the same Musberger who called the two protestors at Mexico City “Nazis”, yet fawned all over avowed racist, Nazi sympathiser and Hitler confidant Bruno Samarich as longtime head of the International Olympic Committee?

were you around for the heady days when we last had an All-Pro QB, a Mike Lucci and his fellow mad dogs-led defence, and were actually predicted to win a super bowl?

you probably weren’t even around when we had that run-and-shoot offence led by Moore and Perriman, much less the team led by some fellow wearing #20 but not named Barney or Owens who were bona fide super bowl contenders;

well, let me tell you, we longtime fans watched William Ford and his buddy Russ Thomas destroy each and every one of those teams–1957, 1962, 1971, 1990–and drive the best RB pound for pound the modern game has seen out of the game in his prime…and then hire Millen to replace Russ Thomas to make sure a championship team wouldn’t happen again!

now do you begin to understand why we longtime followers of the Leos hate that meddling incompetent nickel-nursing William Ford, Sr. so much?

11. By dreameagle on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

will Broyles see snaps in game 1?

unlikely, i should think–even young knees take time to heal;

but by mid-season, he should be fighting with Titus to start, the “loser” being “relegated” to the slot whilst the old pro they benched will be at his best coming in as the fourth wide;

anyone wanna try to cover that?

okeh, we’ll make it easy for you–just take LeShoure or one of our other backs coming out of the backfield;

wanna go for your guns and try outshoot us?

well, see, we got these TWO complete defensive lines who’d start for ANYBODY else, and they don’t like you, either…