Calvin Johnson on his new house: “I’m going to be here for awhile”

Posted by Chrissie Wywrot on August 22, 2012 – 12:53 pm

“After I signed my contract, I bought a house out here – moved from a townhouse to a regular house. I’m going to be here for awhile and I was ready for a little change of scenery.

“I always end up over that way in Birmingham anyway whether I’m going out to eat or just doing something, getting my clothes made and picking them up. All that stuff’s right there, so it makes it a lot more simple.

“I was looking for something by the water, but the places I was looking for, they were probably 30 minutes away and I wouldn’t have had a lot of teammates who lived close by. So it would take about 45 minutes just to get to the closest teammate’s house. So it wasn’t a good location.

“Slowly but surely I’m moving in. I’ve got my stuff in there, I just don’t have furniture yet. I’ve got a bed and a couple chairs, but it’s going to take awhile to get all the furniture.

“Hopefully by the end of the season I’ll have it all finished. It takes forever just to order furniture and get it in – at least to get the stuff that I want. Whenever I see something that I like, I get it.

“Right now my main focus is getting my kitchen done – my kitchen area – because that’s where I spend most of my time, cooking and just chill in’ – there’s a little sitting area in there too.

“It’ll be real livable in the next month or so because we’re out of camp so I have a little more time to spend on getting those things ready.

“I have some cool rooms. I don’t know what it’s called, it’s the finish on the walls, it’s like a clear coat that makes it real shiny. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve got a couple rooms like that. I’ve got a bathroom that’s orange – it’s real cool. I don’t know what it’s called, but they did a good job, whoever painted the house.

“I might put some of my awards and memorabilia in the office. I have a hallway downstairs I can hang some jerseys on.

“The coolest award I have – the prettiest one – is from the NFL awards show. I got the top Fantasy Player – that thing is all gold, NFL, trophy. My Biletnikoff stands out because it’s so big – it’s the heaviest thing on the shelf. Other than that, I’ve got a couple game balls and jerseys that are pretty big from games that we’ve had here.”

Posted in Calvin Johnson Blog | 22 Comments »

22 Responses to “Calvin Johnson on his new house: “I’m going to be here for awhile””

1. By jaison on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

Yo Megatron! Loan me a million bro? Please? Even 5k will work:)

2. By Bryan Moore on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

Isn’t it time Megatron called for a refinance with current interest rates plummeting.

3. By ant12 on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

cj house sound cool he should have a madden tournament there

4. By aaron ford on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

ay if yall make the conference, you should have some fans over for barbecue! like me! jp have fun with the new spot n thanks for stayin, we need chu

5. By Elaine on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations on your new home Calvin and welcome to Michigan!!

6. By LITTLE on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

BigPlayCJ, thanks for making Michigan your home and playing your tail off. You are the main piece of our turn-around in Motown, and you deserve atleast two MVP’s. Thank you so much and God Bless You!

7. By anglee on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

First big welcome home party….Id love to come visit, help out. Thanks for becoming part of US!! I’m totally ready for an excellent season again this year!! Hoping for Bigger and better! You are one of my FAVORITES, WE NEED YOU HERE!!!

8. By Ron on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

Congrats on the new house CJ. You should check out some live auctions for you furniture. They are tons of fun for those of us without money, I can only imagine how awesome they would be if I could actually buy something.

9. By CK on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

Art Van furniture! get some!

10. By SUGAR LUCKA. on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME AND YOUR NEW DIGS YOU ARE HAVING MADE FOR YOUR SELF. I’M SURE YOU WILL SETTLE IN YOUR HOME SOON. I JUST MOVED 3 WEEKS AGO, IT TAKES TIME TO GET THINGS TO YOUR OWN LIKEING AND TASTE. I LOVE MY NEW PLACE, EXCEPT THE DRAB , BOARING COLORS OF IT. I REALLY LIKE THINGS TO STAND OUT AND SAY WOW. I’M DOING MY MASTER ROOM IN TURQUISE AND BLACK, THE MATER BATH ROMM IS EXCEPTIONAL. I LOVE DECORATING. IF YOU NEED TIPS JUST CALL ME AND I WILL TALK TO YOU ABOUT THEM. I’M NOT TRYING TO BE A GIRLFRIEND JUST A FRIEND . I MAKE THINGS LOOK SO AWESOME YOU WOULD’NT BELIEVE IT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HAVE A WONDERFUL SAFE SEASON. MAY GOD BLESS OUR LIONS WITH A SUPER BOWL WIN.

11. By LIONGUY2028 on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

CONGRATS ON THE NEW HOME MEGATRON!!!! THE ONLY THING MISSING ON YOUR SHELF OF AWARDS IS……. THE LOMBARDI TROPHY GO LIONS!!!

12. By Rich Davidson on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

Congrats on the house and glad to here your gonna stay awhile. Ill be watching all year just as everyone else will be! Good Luck!

13. By Doug on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

I am proud of our Lions and definatly proud you are making Michigan your home, I’ve been a die hard Lions fan for over forty years, I am wondering if you play madden online I would love to play you and burn you with yourself lol. I just wish I had the opportunity to meet you! Good luck with your new home Calvin it sounds awesome.

14. By tony on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

Hey calvin? you are leaveing us here @ villas of northville hills, sorry to here you leaveing, good luck.

15. By tony on Aug 22, 2012 | Reply

Also going to miss seeing you putt on the green by the clubhouse @ the villas

16. By Greg on Aug 23, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the work ethic you give week after week CJ. You are a shining example of what it means to be a professional.

17. By Dan on Aug 23, 2012 | Reply

Dear Mr. Johnson, Please don’t damage your hands moving things around your new place and or hammering something. Good luck Saturday. Give the Raiders a reason to put a patch on the other eye!

18. By Ruth Vanden Bosch on Aug 23, 2012 | Reply

Enjoy your new digs. Have a safe and successful season! Go Lions! You need a Superbowl Ring!

19. By Beege on Aug 25, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Johnson;

Happy to hear you’re getting settled in. Lookng forward to today’s game-even if it is preseason. Of course, this game will be for the starters,right? You guys looked damn good in the previous two, and I have no doubt you’ll ALL SHINE!! It is such a BLAST for a long suffering Lions Fan like myself to look forward to a season with optimism instead of dread! TEAR IT UP,Guys!!

20. By ruth on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Calvin last year you signed my grandsons poster at the game about next lions qb you are his hero we had it framed with your pic we will be at the Sept 9 game in the suits and I would lobe to get a autograph and pic with you and him and give you a picture of the framed signed poster with You signing it I can send you the suite # but we will also be down trying to get an autograph. Thank you for sticking with the LIONS

21. By twelsh36446 on Sep 1, 2012 | Reply

Glad he got a house he really likes because like he said he is going to be here a while. Great area to have fun in, as in lots of bars and stuff on Woodward. Make sure you take a cab home though lmao.

22. By Greg on Sep 2, 2012 | Reply

Calvin, don’t forget to put some pics out when all the decorum is complete!