Source: Lions add WR Kris Durham to practice squad

Posted by ttwentyman on September 2, 2012 – 12:26 pm

The Lions have signed receiver Kris Durham (6-6, 215) to their practice squad, according to a league source.

Durham was among Seattle’s final cuts on Friday. He was a fourth-round pick by the Seahawks out of Georgia last season, but only played in three games before landing on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. He had three catches for 30 yards last season.

Durham played at Georgia with Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford from 2006-08. He finished his college career with 64 catches for 1,109 yards and four touchdowns.

He will join offensive lineman Rodney Austin, running back Stephfon Green, cornerback Ross Weaver, linebacker Carmen Messina and wide receiver Patrick Edwards on the practice squad. The Lions have two spots still available on the practice squad.

7 Responses to “Source: Lions add WR Kris Durham to practice squad”

1. By DAWGS on Sep 2, 2012 | Reply

This is a great great signing for Detroit. He is one of Stafford’s best friends and former roommate, and has such a unique skillset and freakish athleticism. Seattle was just a mess in terms of their offense, QB situation, and revolving door at receiver. The Lions don’t have any other receivers like him and I could see him finding his way onto the active roster soon. Great pickup for the Lions…a true diamond in the rough!

2. By lionking on Sep 2, 2012 | Reply

Smart pick-up. Durham will make a good Megatron for the practice squad to simulate.

3. By rockbo1955 on Sep 2, 2012 | Reply

He will make a good fit as receiver for the lions 6.6 tall and runs 4.43 this will be nightmares for other defense in the league now you have two tall targets and the rest of the boys flying around who needs a strong running back pass to set up the run keep em honest and let the lions fly over the rest of the league to a super bowl GO LIONS!

4. By carol wadsworth on Sep 3, 2012 | Reply

ALL I CAN SAY IS } GET–ER–DONE.] THEY NEED SOME NEW BLOOD, HOPE HE WORKS OUT, I READ ABOUT SOME OF THESE GUYS AND THINK HOW ARE THEY GOING TO HELP WITH THE INJURIES THEY HAVE HAD. WHYCANT THE LIONS GET SOME ONE THAT HAS PLAYED AND HAS HAD { NO} INJURIES. AND I CANT BELIEVE { JASON HANSON} MISSED A 3 POINTER. MY GOODNESS, BUT I GUESS YA CANT BE PERFECT ALL THE TIME , THAT WOULD BE BORING. SO I HOPE THESE NEW ONES YA JUST GOT WORK OUT. WE THE FAN,S NEED TO SEE THIS. AND THINK THE LIONS WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL.AND I KNOW SCHWARTZ WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN.. GOOD LUCK TO THE LIONS TEAM THIS YEAR. YOU DESERVE A CHAMPIONSHIP. WELL ENOUGH SAID BY ME YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE ON THE TEAM.

5. By john on Sep 3, 2012 | Reply

I think Lance long earned a shot,darn what do u have to do to earn a spot,he was 3 in recieving in pre

6. By Don on Sep 4, 2012 | Reply

If it is true that Bobby Carpenter did’nt make the roster on the Pats than It might be a good idea to bring him back.
    I don’t even understand him not making thier roster? Well, I hope we can find a way for him to make ours. Go get’em Lions.
    I believe that we had a good pre season and learnded a lot about what we need to make this Team work. I am hoping to see a Great season!
    And I also believe that we are a lot closer than most would admit to.
    Let’s go take these games away from those other teams in the North, South ,East and West! Beat’em ALL and let God sort them out! (:
    GO LIONS!

7. By Darren on Sep 5, 2012 | Reply

I second that Bobby Carpenter comment. He’s a smart player and smartness beats athleticism every time.