Bentley still absent from Lions practice; Jackson returns

Posted by ttwentyman on September 14, 2012 – 1:55 pm

Rookie cornerback Bill Bentley missed practice again Friday after suffering a concussion last week against the Rams. He has yet to clear the concussion protocol to resume practice and it appears unlikely he will play Sunday in San Francisco.

If Bentley doesn’t play Sunday, Jacob Lacey would likely start in his place.

Also not participating in practice Friday were safety Louis Delmas (knee), defensive tackle Corey Williams (knee) and linebacker Travis Lewis (quad).

Cornerback Chris Houston practiced for a third straight day Friday after returning to practice this week from an ankle injury.

Defensive end Lawrence Jackson (calf) was a participant in the portion of practice open to the media for the first time this week.

The Lions will release its official injury report with game designations for Sunday at 4 p.m. today on Detroitlions.com

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Bentley still absent from Lions practice; Jackson returns”

1. By redwingliger on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

That is not good news, I was hoping that “Little Bill” could’ve been a factor in the Lions defeating the 49ers Sunday night. Oh well, let’s just hope and pray that Little Bill is healthy moving forward and doesn’t suffer any more concussions once he is reactivated down the road. The Lions are going to really have to play their backsides off this weekend, and I would feel much better if Best, Bentley, Delmas, (a 100% healthy) Houston, and Leshoure were all in this game because that is a lot to have on the sidelines with such a formidable adversary this weekend. I’m trying to remain positive here because I am the ultimate Lions fan, but I’m glad that I’m not addicted to gambling because I find it hard to believe we’ll come out on top. With everyone healthy and able to play then I think the Lions would kick the 49ers into the middle of next week, but that is just too much firepower to have sidelined.

2. By redwingliger on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

3. By Mugsey on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

Heres another way to look at it. The Niners are going to have to play their butts off. We know the Lions will.

4. By James Emory on Sep 15, 2012 | Reply

With Houston and Delmas out, the 49ers have a 6 point edge in my opinion and that’s if no one else gets hurt during the course of the game. The Lions have enough talent to beat the 49ers but will have to play mistake free football to do so. The edge SF has is in their RB and defensive backfield. QB goes to the Lions as well as the WRs and TEs. Just my opinion though. Should be a darn close game.

5. By rockbo1955 on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

I think it will be at heck of a game and the lions will bring there a game and I believe the will win this grudge match! GO LIONS!

6. By James Emory on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

I don’t think its so much of a grudge match. The Lions need to beat teams like this if they are going to be recognized as a serious Super Bowl contender. I don’t think anyone on the Lions team is going to be thinking about that handshake.