Broyles: “The most important thing is to get Matt some touchdowns”

Posted by Tara Altman on November 1, 2012 – 3:27 pm

“First off, I love the interaction that I’m getting on this blog. I’ve read some of the comments you’ve all left and it just shows the Detroit pride, and I’m proud to be a part of that. Please continue to leave your comments and I’ll try to read all of them and keep you up to date with everything that’s going on here.

“Moving on to last Sunday’s game, Seattle was a great challenge for us. They’re a top 5 defense in the league and we went out there and played well and finally got our first touchdown in the first quarter, which is something we’ve been looking forward to, going out there and starting fast. I feel like we had a complete game.

“That win gave us a lot of momentum going into this next week. The most important thing is to get Matt some touchdowns, that’s what we needed to build our confidence and our offense and I feel like if we continue to do that it’s going to be hard for teams to match-up against us.

“We’re happy about where we’re headed right now. We have our eighth game coming up and the first half the season will be over. We’re going to keep grinding it out, improve every week and continue heading in the right direction.

“Last night was my first Halloween here, it was a great deal for me and my wife. We got a lot of trick or treaters, being in the neighborhood that we’re in, there are a lot of kids, some who recognized me would say ‘Go Lions!’ We had a lot of fun handing out candy, taking a couple of pictures to remember. It was a great overall first experience for us.”

Posted in Ryan Broyles Blog | 30 Comments »

30 Responses to “Broyles: “The most important thing is to get Matt some touchdowns””

1. By rockbo1955 on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Ryan I am glad your and your wife had a good Halloween! Keep playing the game the better you will be! So far you have done a great job and your attitude is great for the team keep it up! Win the game on Sunday for your and my team ! GO LIONS!

2. By Anthony bell on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

First of All Welcome to Michigan and the Team…WE Are Glad to have You…Your Collegiate Resume Speaks For Its self.the Season Is Long,Ups and Downs Are to be Expected…but like the Comment before mine…Your Attitude Mr.Broyles Is the One of a Role Model…..Thank You for Being Positive….and We Wish You The best Season Possible !

3. By carol wadsworth on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Dear Ryan am glad to see you posted something on here. im so looking forward to seeing you lions win, that was a good game hope u can keep up the good work. yes mathew needs touchdowns right as soon as possible, you can do it .glad you had alot of trick-or- treater,s it,s always fun to see all the little kids in their costumes, and im impressed with u letting people take a picture with you.that is so cool. am looking forward to next sunday,s game. glad u like it in the Motor city.well you have a great day and hope to see more coments from u on here. you & your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving, if i dont see u on here.nothing better than spending time with family during the Holidays.

4. By Jmarsh35 on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Ryan glad to have you playing for the D and for the state of Michigan. Look forward to seeing your progress as a player and a person, so far so good. Nothing but faith for Coach Schwartz and the Lions getting it done. God Bless!

5. By STYG on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Let me start off by saying this: You are in the most talent filled team in all of the league. You have the best receiver and one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL. You are shaping up to be an elite wide receiver yourself. Keep it up. Build. It will take time, and patience and effort, but all in all, I am seeing great things happening. The only thing is you guys need more discipline within the team. Matthew has an ARSENAL of receivers at his disposal, and you’re another addition to the load of ammo he has. Keep that drive. Keep that confidence and before long, EVERY team in the NFL will be terrified of playing you…hell, most are now. GO LIONS!!!!!!!

6. By bostonstrippers on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

BOOMER SOONER

7. By Sean Britton on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

How are you feeling physically? What percentage are you at now 90-95?

8. By Donnie on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Broyles,
    Keep doing what your doing, SoonerNation is proud of you. You do things the right way. And as always, Boomer!!

9. By alex kuieck on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Hey Ryan hope you like it here and your a great player keep killing it man ! Hope to see you do some damage Sunday.

10. By Aaron on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

That’s awesome about your Halloween! We took our girls out trick or treating last night and had a blast. But about the Lions, I’m a huge fan, been to many games…..How do you feel about Mike Thomas coming in? He has similar talents to you, but I feel your a WR1 or 2 along with Titus next to Calvin for sure. I’m planning on you starting at WR with Calvin and Titus, with Mike coming in to back up the slot or play 4 WR formations, could cause some matchup problems for the other teams. And with two great TE’s, the offense should really click for the rest of the season. I’m a huge Matt Stafford fan since Georgia, and now the Def is really starting to show what they showed last season. Kick it into high gear, lets go Lions!

11. By John Lehnert on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Solid game Sunday against Seattle. Hopefully this will get you guys headed in the right direction so you can finish 4 and 4 for the first half of the season. With the difficulty of the schedule going forward, the Lions will have to play even better and without the weak penalties they have been taking over the first half of the season. Good luck and finish the first half strong in Jacksonville.

12. By Sop Noch on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

First off I just want to say thank you for your patience with the fans. We all talk like we know how to run a team and who to draft and what we need to do and you guys have been very professional about it. I’m pretty sure you’ve heard or seen how upset many of the fans were with this years draft. It’s refreshing to have players like yourself who has this positive swag and puts in the work and takes in all of the good and bad that comes with this job and still show the bi-polar fans love. We praise you when you win and want to trade or cut you when you lose. I appreciate the effort you put in with the Lions and thanks for taking care of the kids during Halloween. I hope you remain a Lion for a long time. The team and city is on its way up and can use more guys like you to continue to help it grow.

13. By JP O'Flaherty on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, Great end to the Seattle game. You guys accomplished exactly what was missing the previous games. The secondary receivers made the tough catches, and got open making Seattle pay for doubling up on CJ. If you and Young, Scheffler and Pettigrew get open and make the catches, your offense can’t be stopped. I just wish our offensive line could open a few holes for the Rbs to get some decent yardage off of.

14. By WatchThis on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Great game, Ryan!

15. By LionHeart on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the update and for the awesome game! It’s great seeing you out there. You guys are a blast to watch when you’re clicking like that.
    Welcome to Detroit! I look forward to you and your family enjoying many more Halloweens in the motor city.

16. By DetRoar on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

I am currently a Freshman at OU in Norman, but I am from Sterling Heights, MI. I have always been a Lions fan. Since I live in Norman, I don’t get coverage of most of the games, so instead I have to keep on looking at my ESPN app. The catch in the end zone against Chicago on a Monday Night being your first TD will only be one of many. Thanks for making such a difference in the Lions franchise; as you will only do more and accomplish great things in Detroit. I am glad you are enjoying motor city, and I’m looking forward to a great game in Jacksonville! #RoarRestored #DetroitPride #BoomerSooner #84

17. By cory wargo on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Ryan,

You the man bro! Ha ha but no really great job so far in the PT that you have received. I’m glad you got your opportunity to shine I’ve been preaching all off season that you were a great draft pick who would really do well as a young player and had the potential to be a great NFL WR. Keep up the hard work myself and fellow lions fans look forward to your future in Detroit. WELCOME TO MICHIGAN BABY!!!!!!!!

@coryr06

18. By Nichole on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

I think it’s some awesome that you post updates on here! Glad you and your wife had a fun Halloween! Keep up to good work out there! Can’t wait to watch the game on Sunday! Good luck! Goooo Lions!!

19. By steve b on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Hey Ryan Has the two high safety defense you guys have been seeing most of the year been the biggest problem with the offense?And do you guys think now you have figured out how to play aganist it. It seems Matt gets fusturated with the small chunks of yards you need to get aganist it and tries to force some long passes instead of being more patrient with it. It seems he adjusted to it more aganist Seattle. I would love to see more of that. If you and Titas and the TEs keep up that production in the next few weeks it will defenitly open things up for Calvin. GOOD LUCK and keep up the hard work and great attitude!!!!

Det forever Steve Bay

20. By Denver on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Great game Sunday 84! I see many more ahead. This is the NFL we are talking about and its tough on any given Sunday but you guys are starting to click on offense now. Just keep plugging way and working and good things will happen. So glad we drafted ya!

21. By Michele Lewis on Nov 2, 2012 | Reply

Welcome Ryan! I’ve been telling everyone you are going to be such an amazing part of the Lions team….I see it!! Can’t wait to see you setting records! Good luck and God’s speed ;-)

22. By Greg Cole on Nov 2, 2012 | Reply

Hi Ryan I am glad to hear that things are going well for you and your wife in Detroit. I’m from Michigan and this is and will always be home for me. It’s a great place and there are some nice areas to raise a family. I thought you were great in college and was ecstatic when the Lions picked you. I think you’ve been a great addition and look forward to seeing you get even more in the mix. I think you’ve got many great years to come in Detroit as a Lion. Best of luck! And welcome to Detroit.

23. By minnesotadan on Nov 2, 2012 | Reply

i love my team. honestly as talented as any if not more. show me what kind of fight you got in you.

24. By Goutham on Nov 2, 2012 | Reply

Great catch for the touchdown last week against Seattle. Really like your attitude and keep up the good work. Hope to see you guys ending the first half at .500. Last weeks game was the most satisfying to see as far as the offense is concerned. Good Luck!!

25. By Ian Thompson on Nov 2, 2012 | Reply

Hey Ryan,

I hope you don’t mind that I use your first name. I just wanted to say that you are doing a great job and I really appreciate your attitude and skills. Keep up the good work and go Lions!

26. By Josh on Nov 2, 2012 | Reply

Let me just say this Ryan, I don’t know how many other people have noticed, but man you got some skills. I can see you being one of the better WR in the NFL and you might still have time to be ROY, if you just keep catching them balls thrown your way and stay hungry, Matt will keep throwing them to you. I really hope you show people what you are made of cause everyone will fall in love with you in Detroit. Good Luck and REPRESENT!!!! Go DETROIT LIONS!!!

27. By Coach Willcox on Nov 2, 2012 | Reply

Good to see the folks in Detroit warming up to you. I told them all summer they would, and that, given the chance, you’d move the sticks and deepen the offense.

Nearly cried last week after the ND loss. Must have been Pope Benedict up in the replay booth, eh?

Jalen Saunders sure has been a great answer to the hole in the offense you left. But he’s so quiet and shy. Kenny’s got to do all the trash talk, both at game time and at practice.

By the way, love the home run swing at the end of the touch down.

Tell Travis congrats on getting in the game and notching his first kill.

You and the Mrs. keep shining The Light. It gets easier all the time to stand out in the darkness if opportunity is all one needs, huh?

Blessings to you from the Spirit.

28. By Steve Hernandez on Nov 4, 2012 | Reply

Being born in MI I grew up a Lions fan. Attending the University of Oklahoma I’ve been fortunate to continue to follow players from my alma mater on Sundays with the Lions. In the past there are many great Sooners that became great Lions. Ryan Broyles will join that list.

29. By bmkmd on Nov 4, 2012 | Reply

Saw last week’s game at Ford Field and this week’s on TV.

Youve done great when given the chance to show your stuff, and being healed from your injury.

I especially liked the play in Jacksonville where your got extra yards after you caught the ball and were hit. That’s determination.

Keep it up. You’re really part of the team now. 1st string.

30. By WatchThis on Nov 5, 2012 | Reply

You guys have been playing much more “perfect” and in sync the last 2 games than the rest of the season. Congrats! If you can keep doing that the rest of the way, you’ll beat these tough teams coming up. No doubt. Keep playing perfect!