Broyles: “I’m running all on emotions right now”

Posted by Tara Altman on November 8, 2012 – 4:30 pm

“I just feel like our offense is clicking. We’re getting out there on the field and putting up points. At Jacksonville, it was a big running day for us, guys were up front blocking, and I feel like we really clicked overall against the defense we were playing.

“As far as my performance, I felt like it was as good as I can be right now, catching every ball that came my way. I was just ready no matter what the circumstances were.

“Over the course of the last few games, it’s really been about being ready when my number is called, more than anything. I’m getting reps with quarterbacks throughout the week – that’s been the biggest thing for me – and then just being on the field and being able to produce and catch balls when they come my way. I’m definitely feeling comfortable in the offense, knowing my role and I’m trying to step up.

“In the position I’m in, I catch a lot of routes over the middle, outside in the zone and things like that, so I definitely have to get the yards after the catch more than most guys. That’s one thing I want to pride myself in, work a little bit harder at, and get my legs under me.

“In the NFL, they definitely close in a lot faster, guys are more sure tacklers, so when you get the ball you have to edge out every yard you can get. The game is slowing down a little bit for me, so I understand where guys are after I catch the ball, hopefully I can improve from there.

“I’m running all on emotions right now. Three games I’ve really gotten to play a lot. This is my fourth game of the year, really. I’m full of energy right now, ready to compete and win.”

Posted in Ryan Broyles Blog | 16 Comments »

16 Responses to “Broyles: “I’m running all on emotions right now””

1. By lionking9682 on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Who dat say they gone beat them Lions?
    Not the Viqueens!!!

2. By John Lehnert on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

It’s great to see your feeling good about what is going on with your health as well as your work in the offense. Your stepping up for where Nate left off is really helping the offense. I think you guys are on your way now. Minnesota will be the first stepping stone. Good Luck. Gooooo Lions!!!!!!!

3. By Joe Gonzales on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Ryan…I watched you while you were in OK. Thought highly of you then and was pretty excited when my Lions picked you up! Now, I am seeing you showing the world that you were totally worth it! Keep it up!

4. By Kasten Carter on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Broyles, my man. I’ve been lookin foward to seeing you do exactly what you’ve done the last few games since the draft. I was on the sideline at Philly and some crazed Eagles fan was barkin at you, tryin to throw you off your game. I was dyin’ when you started blowing kisses back at him. That kind of mentality is good for the offense and for the team. Keep doin you and your gonna kill it in this league. Cant wait to watch it happen.

5. By JP O'Flaherty on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, You have been a welcome addition to the offensive scheme. I know Mathew needed another option who he can depend on to be open, and Catch the ball. As a lifelong fan, it is great to see Matt moving down the field with teammates who get open and make the tough catches. I was hopeful Young would make himself allot bigger part of the passing game this year, but you seem to be filling that role. Keep up the good work, and Thanks for trying to be as good as you can be!

6. By marcus on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Nice draft pick

7. By Erin on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

I couldn’t be more impressed. I picked you up on my fantasy team so I expect big numbers against the Vikings! :)

8. By seanje on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, if you had to pick one current NFL receiver you would say your game most resembles, who would it be? Victor Cruz a good comparison?

9. By LaRoice Turner on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, I have so much faith in you, what you can do, this team and it’s ability to be successful. I am so glad you got drafted at Detroit and look forward to watching your improvement.

10. By Ian Thompson on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Hey Ryan,

Great game last week! Thanks for putting in all the hard work. I’m so glad you are a Lion.

11. By Chuck White on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, not to toot my horn, but from the moment they drafted you, I knew you’d be top notch. The amazing thing is you’ve only begun to get started, your season’s ending stats will speak tons for your worth to this team. From a lifelong fan…keep it up, you’re looking good out there man.

12. By LionHeart on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for this blog, again. It has been great seeing you out there. Keep balling out and have fun!

13. By Sop Noch on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

I want to see you and the rest of the team ride those emotions into the playoffs! All those “experts” count us out because we’re facing good teams at the back end of the schedule, well guess what? We’re a good team too! The talent this team has is solid, but what’s more impressive is the resolve, dedication, and unity of this squad. Nobody is complaining about stats. When things weren’t going the way it was expected, no one gave up. When facing adversity, everyone stepped up. This team has a lot of fight in them. I believe!

14. By LionFan 58 on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

What am I hearing now? Are these the same fans that were crying and moaning when the Lions drafted Ryan Broyles in the in the second round? Ieven seem to recall one fan comparing Martin Mayhew to Matt Millen . Shame on everyone for the negative comments! Thanks to the foresight of Mayhew and Shwartz, we have a guy like BROYLES who step in for Burleson and not miss a beat!

15. By Marcus on Nov 11, 2012 | Reply

good god please don’t start doing the ‘who dat’ thing lions fans, we’re better than that.

16. By RANDY on Nov 28, 2012 | Reply

WOW! RYAN BROYLES, IS SOOOO EXPLOSIVE TO WATCH!!! HE’S LEARNING FAST!! I CAN FEEL IT. THESE LIONS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL AND THE LIONS WILL WIN IT!! US FANS NEED TO HELP OUR TEAM BY STICKING BY THEM.
    THE ACTUALLY WON ON THANKSGIVING IN 4 QUARTERS 31-24. THE TEXANS’ PLAYER FORSETT CHEATED, IN MY OPINION, BY GETTING BACK UP AND RUNNING TO THE ENDZONE HOPING IT WOULD COUNT. BECUASE THE LIONS WERE TOO TOUGH FOR THE TEXANS. OH WELL, IF A FEW THINGS HAPPEN AND THE LIONS CAN WIN ALL THE REST OF THEIR GAMES TO FINISH 9 AND 7. THE LIONS COULD STILL GET A WILD CARD. GOD BLESS THE LIONS!