Broyles: “When you play fast, things happen”

Posted by Tara Altman on November 15, 2012 – 5:47 pm

“Coming out on that first drive we had a couple good plays, and then I made a mistake – an illegal block. I definitely learned from that. I have to play clean. When I’m on the field, I have to be accountable and not hurt the team.

“I definitely knew when it happened. All week the coaches were talking about how I was playing in the slot and No. 26, A. Winfield, is a 14-year vet. He is a physical player  and whenever you’re on offense and you have a guy above you or guarding you, you know you want to take shots in the run game – get their legs to slow them down a little bit. I was a little too aggressive on that. But I’ve definitely learned from it.

“I’ve got to be poised and not to hurt the team. It’s part of the game. When you play fast, things happen. You just have to live with it and overcome.

“Offensively, we had our times where we played well, we took some deep shots down the field. We feel like whenever we play mistake-free we can put up points. We have to just play clean this week. We’re looking forward to the challenge playing the Packers. They’ve got a good offense and we have to match that.

“We have to stay on the field because we know their offense is high-powered. They’re going to keep the ball as long as they can, so we have to make plays down the field on third down, but the game’s not just won on third down. We have to put up points. Whatever our situation is, no matter if it’s first down, second down, we have to do well.

“We get three home games in a row. We’re in the middle of the season going into the home stretch, it’s good to have a home field advantage, so we have to come out on top these three games to really set us up for what’s next.”

Posted in Ryan Broyles Blog | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Broyles: “When you play fast, things happen””

1. By Nichole on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

You boys keep your heads up!!! Come out and fight!!! I will be there cheering you all on as always!!! Go Lions!!!

2. By rockbo1955 on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

you keep at it broyles you our learning on the job and doing very well ! Just keep going and catching the ball and keep going till the finale seconds run off and come away with a win! GO LIONS!

3. By Don on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Ryan Broyles, It is Great to have you on our Team!
    And I Love your hands Man. With some of the Passes you have caught it almost seems like you have little suction cups in you palms and on your fingers! (: Anyways, it is good to have you out there.
    I do wish that between you, Calvin,Titus, Scheffler and Pettigrew That You players can take that ball down field all the way about 10 times Sunday. So far I just don’t get it and neither do a lot of Fans. I mean Look at all that Talent! that is a lot and All very capable of doing just that!
    sometimes I think that the ball just Needs to be spred out a little more.
    To many plays to the same guy’s sometimes is a tell tail story of what a Team is going to do. And it Leaves the guessing game of the other Team out of it. And as far as starting faster I do think that doing something other than starting with a run play would be cool, and not that that means a long bomb either. But maybe a short slant or a long slant or start out throwing to a TE or maybe Stafford pretending to pass and then running for the first down on the first play. something different for every start and Mixing it up a Lot, LOT more between the offensive players, I really don’t believe that there is anything wrong with Linehan’s playbook at all.
    However the way that the plays are being presented are beginning to be pretty predictable. And I believe that Stafford throws better the more that he mixes the plays up too.
    Another thing about Playing fast, I really believe that this Offense plays better when we play the NO Huddle. With the exception of a few of the players, Not to knock anyone but, there are a few players that need to get our playbook down a little better, that way we could play the No Huddle more often. But, when players don’t know ALL the plays it makes the no huddle slow to a stop.
    It just seems to me that when this Team gets going in a rythem Then we move down field more often and faster. NOW though sometimes when we do this we also get to the goal line ans Stall OUT!
    Same thing, try Mixing it up a little! Instead of throwing four Passes from the 2 yard line which we have all way’s had trouble doing. ( should try more from 20 yards out)! Anyways instead of going three passes or three runs in a row and then run out of downs. Mix it up pass play a run or a run and a pass play or QB sneak or RB running at an angle into the end zone. Sorry for going on and on, It’s just that this team has all the talent in the world and you guy’s aren’t using all of your potential! And I just don’t get it about this Going down to the 5 Yard mark over and over again and not making it in!
    Why? Why? Why? Aren’t you throwing from the twenty yard line 25, 30 or even 40 yards out! It is Not right with this TEAM not scoring a touch down on every drive! Don’t even try to tell me that you can’t get it in Cuz we all know that that is not true! You did it last year and you can do it now and forever! Take over these Games and dominate every TEAM that is on our Schedule And don’t try to tell me or any of our Fans that you can’t!
    YOU CAN! NOW GO AND EXECUTE AND TAKE THESE WINS!
    TAKE CONTROL OF EVERY GAME! NO EXCUSES! NONE!
    NO PLAYER ON THIS TEAM HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT HE CAN’T NONE OF YOU! NONE! I know I know the injured guy’s BUT NO ONE ELSE! NO ONE!
    NOW GO LIONS AND WIN! ONE GAME AT A TIME! EVERY TIME!
    GO LIONS!

4. By Soonernation on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

You’re one of the classiest hardest working players I’ve ever had the privilege to watch. Keep doing what you do Ryan! Boomer!!

5. By Ian Thompson on Nov 15, 2012 | Reply

Don’t sweat it Ryan. The team may be down, but you’re not out! Good luck on Sunday.

6. By Sop Noch on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

I’m amazed at how fast you have come along. Even though you are still learning, you have developed into a fine player so far. We can all tell how hard you have worked to not only come back from your injury, but to also contribute so soon to the team. We still have a lot of football left. Looking forward to see how resilient this team is and how much fight we have left. Keep working hard and leave it all on the field. Good luck!