Lions still without Delmas, Spievey and Williams

Posted by ttwentyman on November 16, 2012 – 1:19 pm

The Lions were still without safeties Louis Delmas and Amari Spievey and defensive tackle Corey Williams on the practice field Friday.

All three have not practiced at all this week, putting their availability for Sunday’s game vs. Green Bay in question.

Delmas hasn’t played since injuring his left knee in the third quarter victory over Seattle in late October. He missed the first four games of the year with an injury to the same knee.

Spievey hasn’t played since suffering a concussion at Chicago Oct. 22. He’s yet to be cleared for contact by an independent neurologist.

Williams missed last week’s game in Minnesota after aggravating a knee injury the week prior in Jacksonville. If he can’t go, expect second-year tackle Nick Fairley to make his fourth-career start.

The team will release game designations for all three players on today’s injury report at 4 p.m. on Detroitlions.com.

Defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch also missed practice, but that was likely due to rest, which has been his usual schedule during the practice week.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Lions still without Delmas, Spievey and Williams”

1. By frank on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

LIONS NEED DELMAS. THE LIONS DEFENSE IS DRAMATICALLY BETTER WITH HIM. GET WELL SOON. HELP ON THE BENCH, IF YOU CAN’T GO. YOUR LEADERSHIP IS WHAT THE LIONS DEFENSE NEEDS. IT IS LIKE THE LIONS ARE PLAYING WITH 13 PLAYERS ON DEFENSE WITH DELMAS PLAYING.

2. By rockbo1955 on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

I could sure expect that Delmas should be on the bench or sideline telling the guys what he sees and relay what they should be doing on the field they need that and do not worry about your job security ! and help your Team out please !

3. By Don on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

Corey Williams is a great player so don’t even think I’m talking about him at all.
    And I know that most of the fans love Delmas and I do too!
    He is a lot of fun and I’m sure that he keeps the Spirit’s up for the other players.
    However Delmas and Spievey are the Kind of players that some fans in the “D” Get tired of Quick. The Fun, talented, and darn good playing Football Star’s.
    That are Never in the Game. I do not want to start ANY kind of complaining whining Football fan or Fans that are just Coming on here Running the TEAM down and being an every week cry baby about what the Football TEAM didn’t fulfill in my life this week.
    But at times I do Point out things that I consider Not going in the right direction. ( Because I REALLY do believe that this Team is on its way to being a very Tough contender in this League)
    However with the Fact that we Need More Secondary players to help us out with the Passing game We also Need Tough players that are going to be in the Lineup week after week after week.
    When This Staff took over and I’m talking from the President on down. No way am I going to just point out the coaching staff because I believe that they are doing a great job!
    It was mentioned however about big tough strong players that would be here week in and week out.
    Now, in the backfield I do realize that there are a lot of good backs out there on the Small size with a lot of talent. However, It was mentioned that If the players that we picked up were not getting the job done then it would be off to the FA world for them.
    Now I am not saying who because I love Almost all the players on this TEAM But, in the Business of Football it does not Matter how much I love a player. What Matters is what is this player putting out for our TEAM.
    Man I feel like a Creep! I hate saying it! But we have a large amount of players on this team that this staff has gone out and gotten and they are working out and they are changing the Face of this TEAM. And then there are others that I would have to say, Well they are a Bust!
    Maybe I have become so Ruthless because of fantasy football And of coarse that isn’t real football and things in the (REAL ) NFL don’t move as fast as Fantasy. But, With most of us Fantasy Players. Loyalty goes as far as what is this player going to contribute to this TEAM if they are doing great they stay if they don’t they will be free agents really fast.
    I believe that this TEAM is on the right track However it is also on the cusp of being to easy about evaluations of Some of our players.
    I do not mean to be a creep about it and I hate saying or telling anyone that “Hey your not cuttin It” You know what I mean.
    But, how much time do we put into a player that just isn’t getting the job done that the TEAM has hired him for? 2-3 years? Any more and I think that you are really wasting a lot of time. And then before you know it Time runs out!
    Again I don’t mean to be a long wind bag, But I really think that it’s something pretty important to get the Timing right with all the good healthy productive players that you do have.
    And in the Detroit Lions Past we have at times I believe hung on to long to players for sentimental reason’s And that is a great family atmosphere but it doesn’t win the Superbowl. And I know that this is Harsh But, I have to say that I think the limit is about Two years. I know that with some players we might send away and they will turn into a great player somewhere else But, Would they if they stayed here just Limping along?
    I hope I didn’t a fend any players But? I want the LIONS to win the Superbowl!
    GO LIONS!

4. By eddie Hiller on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

I would like to say this the secondary has played good desspite the injuries. The offense needs to help out the defense. We need to stop doing stupid mistakes on offense!

5. By eddie Hiller on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

Don Carey # 32 has played great for us and we need to resign him at the end of the season!

6. By eddie Hiller on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

We have to play to win and not to lose!We have to play together and we are not doing that right now!

7. By simms on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

we have to play to win? REALLY?, HOW many classic remarks do you fools have to make? Lions suck, they have played bad since the 50’s and always will, they have a curse on them. yea lets all play together and jump up and down as a team. we all have to come together! give it a 110% yea, go team. How about THIS, LETS STOP DROPPING PASSES, LETS HAVE LESS FUMBLES, LESS PENALTIES, LESS MISS TACKLES, LESS PERSONAL FOULS, LETS START PLAYING BALL IN THE FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD AND FOURTH QUARTER, NOT JUST THE FOURTH QUARTER, DUH, OH AND LETS PLAY TO WIN? DUMB a$$

8. By simms on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

START FINING FOR DROP BALLS, PENALTIES, AND FUMBLES. TRADE WHOEVER GETS HURT, NO TIME FOR YOU ANYMORE DELMAS,,,,GO JOING THE LIONS HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADERS ON THE SIDE LINE, THE SIDE LINE IS WHERE YOUR MOST COMFORTABLE AT ANY WAY, AND TAKE SUH WITH YOU, HE ISN’T DOING MUCH ON THE FIELD ANY WAY,, OR PUT SUH IN FOR PUNTING, THATS WHERE HE IS BETTER AT. GUNTHER COULDN’T CALL A GOOD GAME AT A PEE WEE LEAGUE GAME, I NEVER SEEN WHERE COMMON SENSE WAS SO LACKING, DUH, YOU HAVE OTHER RECEIVERS YOU CAN THROW TO, ITS CALLED SPREADING THE BALL AROUND…. LIONS SUK

9. By chris bauer on Nov 16, 2012 | Reply

Hey Simms, you such a angry little man….why don’t you go heads up with Delmas, or Suh. Why don’t you just go away. You probably the type that never played sports in your life, but you can run your fat mouth. Go find another team and do all of us Lions’ fans a favor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. By terry Patt on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I would like to know why we did not get on the refs for the pass interference in the 4th Quarter! wth was that could of put the game away!!