Young inactive for second consecutive game; Backus to start

Posted by ttwentyman on December 2, 2012 – 12:32 pm

Receiver Titus Young is inactive today for the Lions and will miss his second consecutive game for disciplinary reasons.

Young was asked to leave the team following a loss to the Packers two weeks ago when he continually lined up wrong and was insubordinate on the sideline.

He was inactive last week vs. Houston. Young rejoined practice this week, but head coach Jim Schwartz said Young had to earn his was back to active status.

Young has 33 receptions for 375 yards and four touchdowns on the season.

Rookie Ryan Broyles and veteran Mike Thomas did a nice job of picking up the slack for Young last week. Broyles had 126 receiving yards and Thomas caught his first touchdown as a Lion.

The Lions will have the services of safety Louis Delmas, who is active and will make his fifth start of the season today vs. Indianapolis. Delmas left in the fourth quarter on Thanksgiving with soreness in his left knee.

The Lions will also have Jeff Backus back at left tackle. Backus saw his iron-man streak of 187 consecutive starts (including playoffs) snapped last week because of a hamstring injury.  Backus was limited in practice all week but is ready to go.

Joining Titus Young on the inactive list are: cornerback Jonte Green, tackles Jason Fox and Corey Hilliard, receiver Brian Robiskie, quarterback Kellen Moore and defensive end Ronnell Lewis.

Green has been dealing with an illness all week.

Defensive tackle Corey Williams will play for the first time in a month because of a knee injury, but will not start. Nick Fairley, who has three sacks over his last three games while starting for Williams, will get the nod.

Ricardo Silva will start opposite Delmas at the other safety spot.

Tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Young inactive for second consecutive game; Backus to start”

1. By ghost on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

This is the way to go with Titus. There is no place for arrogance in a team. In fact there is no arrogance in the word team. Well, for one reason it’s to big a word and wouldn’t fit anyway. Be that as it may this needs to be nipped in the bud. He will make a fine player if the ego can be tempered. That darn ego is the downfall of us all untl we learn that it is an unhealthy part of our thinking.

2. By rockbo1955 on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

you our correct and when it effect the team like it has since his first problem by hitting another player and then decide he does not have to practicing and not running routes or running the wrong routes! missing meetings I believe his is one of the reason the team has performed the way it has this year! This kind of a player you do not want on your team and his problems out way his value to the team!

3. By Wajiboy on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

Hey fuck the management as I am going to contact the owner and apply for the presidents or GM s job. If these stupid fuckers can’t put people and call the proper plays when there supposed to they dont need the job. I going offer my help for fuckin free just to show you the differnence between stupid and genuis I so fuckin pissed off.

4. By Wajiboy on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

Here is the mistakes during offseaon needs. They need a big other wide reciever why not Plaxico he is ok now but I would have got brandon Marshall if I was on thd job. Secondly when they needed a runner why not Bush on our team I would have went for that. No even recently Babin and especially Taleb I would have had one of those so you see what the definition of idiot means. Now this fuckin nigger Titus start shopping for someone to make a difference. And this Cunningham HE GOT TO GO HE’S A LOSER. And I would definitley as the coach have a sit down with Scott or hes out too. What the fuck a loser is a loser until you change to a winner and these idiots are not detail oreinted for severeal inmbalance reasons. I cant tell you fans and fuckers how many times I was going to come out in a full uniform while the team was playing at home and bliz the other team myself along with the guys. Im still thinkingn about it since I am now a reside in houston thats the only reason I havnt done it yet. If I move back home to Detriot I going fucking come right out and you will all see it on TV or at the game. i dont give afuck and sick of idiots that get a check and dont know how to put personal in the correct spots during game time decisions.

5. By Wajiboy on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

I still still snapping

6. By Wajiboy on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

Ok I need someone out there who is computer savvy to help me start up a website for all Detroit fans not buy any tickets until 2 out of the 3 in our coaching area are fired. I will write all the details up and everything. I just need the guy who knows how to construct this. When theres no money coming in thats when management asswholes pay attention. We can do this if I get enough of you to support my objectives. I am a former army guy with a couple of masters and a real fucker when it comes to wee wee idiots in management that make wrong decisons. We need the defensive cordinater replaced, the special teams out, and perhaps the offensive cordinater after a sit down with him. But the other 2 without a doubt. Then perhaps the GM with his 99 cent CB’s he keeps bring in on our team thats cant do the job. Now for the players I will becoming out with that. But as you know if fans dont come to the stadium that will may any owner loser or winner make changes. Its up to you if you want this fuckin sour taste to continue when you watch our team that has potenial. Lets not let the talent we have get frustrated and leave to another team. You may also contact me at anthonythewaj@aol.com and if anyone on the team personal wants to say something to me that dont agree with I welcome the fuckin trouble you will be bringing to yourself because I am strong fucker and don’t back down from anyone. Bring it on ok.

7. By ghost on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

Wajiboy” Go to the Go Daddy Web Site. They can help you build what you need and pretty cheap too. I’ve used them in the past.

8. By V.A.Dalton on Dec 2, 2012 | Reply

I know in the heat of the moment and the fast pace of the game SOMEONE DROPPED THE BALL at the wrong time. It had to be the head coach or who every makes the choice to run a sweep on (third and seven) with 1:48 to go in game. Then punts (oh by the way nick Harris get on your knees and thank God you don’t work for a living) anybody who can not punt longer then a twenty-five yard kick at that time in the game needs to give his money back. You have too much time left in the game, use your fourth down and use the O-line and punch it up the middle (A STRAIGHT LINE ! ) G.M. Mr. Mayhem I have loved what you have done since you have taken over, but you are going to have to pull the trigger on some of the crap on this team. This year is over for us start thinking about next yr. Young has to go, the O-line is perfect,cut all the R,Backs (go free agents and draft pick) The only thing hurting our Defense is the secondary. I don’t know what; corners or safetys….. we need help.

B.C.D.

9. By sm980268 on Dec 3, 2012 | Reply

Look out, a healthy corey willams in rotation with Cliff Avirl, WOW. Some Teams in trouble. Cant wait to see the next oppoant come ungluded.

10. By sm980268 on Dec 3, 2012 | Reply

WAJIBOY< Do You Know anything about football. Were on the right track, man. The coaches are going to learn as is the team as they gel. Remeber these words next year. Half the team is out of the line up. You havent seen one game this year with all starting players on both sides . Losen up for good skes, maybe try bingo.